VW will use the electric I.D. R for a run up Pikes Peak

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
IDR_SHOT03.jpg

Volkswagen plans to show off its electric powertrain tech via the I.D. R Pikes Peak race car later this summer by taking a run at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. The automaker previewed the race car itself this week via computer-generated images, giving a glimpse at the prototype that will fly up the (now paved) course in Colorado on June 24.

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/volkswagen-will-make-run-pikes-peak-id-r-electric-race-car

The fact that the track went from paved to dirt halfway up, and the elevation change are the things that made me a fan of the race. Now that it's completely paved kind of sucks. The elevation change was the big factor in how to tune the engine. Computer controlled fuel injected engines have pretty much minimized that factor. Now we have electric cars with traction control. It's getting hard to see why they continue with this. They should just put in bullet train rails on the road and let them run on that. Everything that made this race so unique, and great are now gone. I know there are still classes for cars like the old days, but with paving, all around driving skill is no longer needed. It has become a race for lighter batteries. It does look pretty fast. And yes, I will still be watching.

Given VWs track record it probably really runs on coal

Two Score and Two year ago, the infamous Doyle Hargrave's commenced to beating the **** out his no good worthless band. Simply cause they weren't worth a damn. It was the only and the bestest moment in an otherwise sorryass life. In that brief moment he was a champion to what is good in life.

These electric awfully silent race cars demand the same kind of response. Beat and smite those that want to pervert something that is pure and beautiful as a beastly as a throaty loud race car. If they are detuned enough to prevent upsetting your senses, all is lost.

This electric crap needs the Doyle Hargrave's treatment. Michael Waltrip, and Steven Wallace needs it too. Rick Allen and his playoff implications needs some Doyle Hargrave's too......

Back
Top Bottom