Waiting ................ for wind and rain

Whizzer

Gig'em
We're waiting for wind and rain. Not too concerned about this one but to be prepared we removed the tent we had covering the washer and dryer, covered the gas grill and put anything that might blow around in the wind under cover. My issue is with the tarp covering the roof to the sunroom. It has been there since September 30th, 2022, and while it has remained watertight not so sure it will stay like that in the predicted winds. To cam, bought extra tarps to protect anything inside the sunroom, moved the car to the neighbors driveway as he has no trees near his house.
I'm getting too old to be mucking around preparing for hurricanes.

Things will be different once we get our carport and screen room completed. Right now the re-siding of the house is scheduled for the middle of October and the replacement of the shed, car port, screen room and roof over sunroom are scheduled for the last week of October, thirteen months after Hurricane Ian ripped through here. We feel we were most fortunate considering the damage and loss so many other people took.

And speaking of trees, here are photos taken before Hurricane Ian, immediately after the hurricane ( they had to trim 50% of the tree to try to save it ) and the same tree ten months after the hurricane, looking pretty healthy. .

Attachments

• IMG_0206 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0206 (1).jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0900.jpeg
    IMG_0900.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 49
We're waiting for wind and rain. Not too concerned about this one but to be prepared we removed the tent we had covering the washer and dryer, covered the gas grill and put anything that might blow around in the wind under cover. My issue is with the tarp covering the roof to the sunroom. It has been there since September 30th, 2022, and while it has remained watertight not so sure it will stay like that in the predicted winds. To cam, bought extra tarps to protect anything inside the sunroom, moved the car to the neighbors driveway as he has no trees near his house.
I'm getting too old to be mucking around preparing for hurricanes.

Things will be different once we get our carport and screen room completed. Right now the re-siding of the house is scheduled for the middle of October and the replacement of the shed, car port, screen room and roof over sunroom are scheduled for the last week of October, thirteen months after Hurricane Ian ripped through here. We feel we were most fortunate considering the damage and loss so many other people took.

And speaking of trees, here are photos taken before Hurricane Ian, immediately after the hurricane ( they had to trim 50% of the tree to try to save it ) and the same tree ten months after the hurricane, looking pretty healthy. .
take care and keep us informed.

Back
Top Bottom