Wal-Mart and Handguns

I can't come up that..........you know it.:) But, I will remind you that the ownership of guns in this country is Constitutionally guaranteed..........that's the argument most gun control proponents are saying. You seem to think that that is irrevelant. You keep putting up arguments saying that things are better in countries that either have strict gun control or guns are outlawed all together.........those countries you mention also have less freedoms than we do. No other country has a Constitution like we do that makes these freedoms a guarantee.

How many people were killed by guns or other weapons this year?

Man what do you think I am a encyclopedia lol hold up Ill find it

I'm just saying that probably the number of people killed by guns outnumbers the people given the death penalty. Seems like they need to do better.

Originally posted by racerx11
The problem Smack is that yuo do not have to go to Wallmart to buy ammo. And ammo from the gunshop works just as well in drive bys and accidental shootings and whatever.  

Exactly, which is why I think that article is assinine. WalMart isn't the only place that sells ammo. If they didn't sell it, people would just go to other places that do, and how people can hold WalMart responsible for what people do with ammo they buy there is beyond me. If the author of that article was a professional they would've given stats for people that have killed others and themselves with ammo bought from other places than just WalMart. If I'm not mistaken, isn't the author of that all for gun control ?? Why not pick on the others that sell it too ?? :headshake

I personally do not own a gun, but I also do not like the idea of gun control. We already have a gun control....it's called a permit. Smack, do me a favor and find a stat telling us how many people arrested for crimes involving guns actually had a permit for that weapon, or at least had the weapon registered legally, and when you find that stat please come back and tell us again how gun control will be such a great thing.

My personal opinion on the matter

ALL countries should get together and ban guns and destroy all guns they find on criminals or either dont worry about it. If one or a few countries / states do it theyll just come in from other places.

This is getting old really fast.

What is your point Smack? Are you arguing just to argue? Anyone can look up numbers and hide behind the books. When you stop saving the owls and hugging the trees, maybe you'll see what some of us are talking about.

Then again, you said before you want to move to Canada....make sure you take a coat.

yea lol that has nothing to do with this thats just one of the places I was considering moveing to nice places up there and I have freinds up there.

Im sorry it bothers you theres other nice places in the world that aren't in america.

Originally posted by smack500

ALL countries should get together and ban guns and destroy all guns they find on criminals or either dont worry about it. If one or a few countries / states do it theyll just come in from other places.

If that happens, who will tell the countries how to do this? The U.N.? If all the countries unite as one, there will have to be a leader. And there is one Book that tells about this happening.....its in the last chapter.

Originally posted by fergy1370
If that happens, who will tell the countries how to do this? The U.N.? If all the countries unite as one, there will have to be a leader. And there is one Book that tells about this happening.....its in the last chapter.

Aman

It doesn't have to be the U.N A president has rallyed for support on other things, this could be another. *doesn't nessacarily have to be a U.S president either.

Originally posted by fergy1370

Yep, well said fergy.

It doesn't have to be the U.N A president has rallyed for support on other things, this could be another. *doesn't nessacarily have to be a U.S president either.

so not the UN or a USA......like many orther leaders will distory the guns.

lets give the middle west all our. AR-15, Mini 14, sub auto guns, ect......yeah that will work :rolleyes:

lap lol it would prolly work best with the U.N in charge I was just stateing there are other ways.

yeah, but then again you can make a .22 out of a writing pen. and i can make napalm....so no matter what the bad guys still have wepons. i thick i would reather be shot then hit with napalm

Naw, if you really want to kill somebody, you don't have to use a gun to do it.

oh yes lol Im sure the acidently gun deaths would be replaced with napalm

alot of murders arent planned out there in the spur of the moment, in most of these crimes the people wish they would have thought it out and would have just walked away but they pulled that trigger and its to late.

and again Like before from what all this came from Id love to see drive by stoneings.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever
i say if a 18 year old wants a hand gun. seel it to him. if he ueses it in a un-lawfull way. he will go to jail. and never be able to own anoter gun.

So in other words, let him commit just one crime! I'm not saying your shouldn't be able to get a gun, but the way you state it scares me.

oh yes lol Im sure the acidently gun deaths would be replaced with napalm  

alot of murders arent planned out there in the spur of the moment, in most of these crimes the people wish they would have thought it out and would have just walked away but they pulled that trigger and its to late.

and again Like before from what all this came from Id love to see drive by stoneings.

I agree with you here. Alot of the "heat of the moment" murders would be curbed.

I don't agree with you on banning all guns. I would like to see useless guns taken away as I stated before.

But I also think you've done a decent job stating your case.

smack's banning guns again, huh? Damn, we get rid of Al Gore, and here comes smack.

I bet ya one thing. Let smack or one of his family members become a victim, and he'll change his mind right quick. Funny how all these people holler "Get rid of guns! Outlaw guns!" Then, when they need something, who do they run to? The man with a gun. When they become the victim, the ol' "eye for an eye" suits them just fine.

:bleh:

Canada may be reached by accessing most any major highway headed north and remaining on it. Once you pass through customs, yer a new man. We'll miss ya.

3 of my family members have been murdered. IF you must know 1 in the colonial parkway murders, one was murdered by her husband he got drunk and blew her head off with a shotgun and the other was another aunt who got shot by a burgaler.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't assume to know me, because you don't.

Settle down smack...he didn't say he knew you. He was only making a point like everyone else in this thread. He didn't ask you anything about your family, only making a reference.

And I am sorry to hear what happened to your relatives.

Stricter guns laws wouldn't have prevented any of those events smack...murderers don't obey the law.

Originally posted by mngopherguy
So in other words, let him commit just one crime!  I'm not saying your shouldn't be able to get a gun, but the way you state it scares me.

i did not mean it to let him commit a crime.

waht i said was. if he wants a handgun for home pertection, hunting, target shoting. let him/her get it.

BUT as soon as they use it in a un-lawfull, crime way. they are locked up and can not own anoter gun again (legealy)

Originally posted by paul
Stricter guns laws wouldn't have prevented any of those events smack...murderers don't obey the law.

I'm looking at bigger pictures paul theres an average of 30,000 gun related deaths every year (in america) if it were not for hand guns I think that number would go down greatly.

Kids cant acidently beat themselvs with a candlestick.

gangs would not do drive by stoneings.

and like as I said before alot of times its in the heat of the moment if they didn't have a gun they wouldnt have killed anyone.

smack you like paint ball right?

what about them SOB in cars shoting ppl with Paintball guns. i am sure some of them ppl wish they was shot it a 9 mil. some of them ppl are blind in 1 or boath eyes now. and some have brain damage. and you can kill some one as easy with one of them as you can a handgun.

kid can hit anoter kid n the head with one of dad tools.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever
i did not mean it to let him commit a crime.  

waht i said was. if he wants a handgun for home pertection, hunting, target shoting. let him/her get it.

BUT as soon as they use it in a un-lawfull, crime way. they are locked up and can not own anoter gun again (legealy)

Agreed, like I said it was just the way it was stated. I'm certainly not against hunters or homeowners.

yea I guess the rise in murders in this country when guns were easier to get was just a coincidence.

het buddy. dont be mad at me for what i am about to say but

stop looking at them damn stickicas 9or how ever you spell it and post you oppion, and not "in 1997 babbbaba"

to tell you the truth i dont give a **** on how many ppl where killed by handguns in 2002. because i know the good load is looking out for us. and he take care of us. so if a bullit comes in my window right now. i could care less because i will be happy with the Lord in hevan.

Its not just the people thats the victoms lap have you ever lost someone close to you. How do you think them 30,000 victims familys feel.

what you lost me now. So if some guy shoots at me, the lord will stop the bullet? Or if I die I'm not going to heaven? Sigh why to republicans always bring religion into disagreements? It so self righetous.

Originally posted by mngopherguy
what you lost me now.  So if some guy shoots at me, the lord will stop the bullet? Or if I die I'm not going to heaven? Sigh why to republicans always bring religion into disagreements?  It so self righetous.

thats how i fell. if some one aims a gun at me. it all is in the lords hands.

i never said he would stop the bullet. and i never said you are not going to heven.

Well fair enough, don't mean to step on your opinion. Of course my opinion is I totally disagree 100%.:)

Back
Top Bottom