Watkins Glen Pre-Race thread

Been awhile since I've been able to get to a race but I thought I had a chance to attend the Saturday events at the Glen. When I called to get a pr of tickets I was told I had to buy the 3 day package for $160 each, there are no single day tickets available anymore. I'm not paying $320 just to watch some practice, qualifying and an Exfinety race. Track owners are so greedy, no wonder the stands are only half full if that.

Watkins Glen sells out every year. They can charge more and require package purchases. *Shrug*

Been awhile since I've been able to get to a race but I thought I had a chance to attend the Saturday events at the Glen. When I called to get a pr of tickets I was told I had to buy the 3 day package for $160 each, there are no single day tickets available anymore. I'm not paying $320 just to watch some practice, qualifying and an Exfinety race. Track owners are so greedy, no wonder the stands are only half full if that.
Man wait until I tell you about these F1 tickets I wanted to buy at Miami... $320 for a full on weekend? I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes MPD is a nuisance. LOL I wanted to see the driver who is struggling the most - Truex. But, of course, my man Chase is getting the most votes. Oh well, I'm not all that into running YouTube during the race anyway

Sounds pretty specific to the track. I heard they did the same thing in June for the IMSA weekend, which has no threat of selling out.

I bet the camping and all that has to be just as big or better than Daytona, Talladega, Michigan, Pocono over there in upstate NY.

Idk why but the Watkins Glen Xfinity race is usually the best Xfinity race on the schedule IMO lol

1660999535100.png

That implies there WERE single-day tickets available earlier.

A few years ago I wanted to run over for one day and found out they didn't sell daily tickets. One reason might be is a lot of the camping is inside the gates and a lot of people camp. If they were to sell cheaper tickets for Friday or Saturday folks could just buy them and then come in and remain at the campsite for the rest of the weekend. Mid Ohio has a similar deal.

Keep in mind... any rain would likely have lightning along with it and therefore a delay. 3:20pm start, sunset around 7:30pm this time of year. Not a ton of wiggle room.

Elliott came back out with a can of whup ass in the first group wow.
Almost wondered if he did the to get that extra wear on the tires cause Reddick and Larson both went faster on lap 2 so he'd be going into the final round at a disadvantage without making another lap.

Back
Top Bottom