What 25 drivers do you add to make the 75 Greatest Nascar Drivers for the 75th anniversary?

Some of the 75 are not in the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Do they now get consideration? I don't think Kasey Khane should have been in either. But they included him in the top 75. Does he get in now?

Some of the 75 are not in the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Do they now get consideration? I don't think Kasey Khane should have been in either. But they included him in the top 75. Does he get in now?
He had a great career. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in.

Right or wrong fair or unfair etc I think he eventually gets in based on the fact that they are inducting about 3.5 drivers into the Nascar HoF every year.

I think sooner or later by process of elimination he will make the cut. I think they are voting in more drivers now that primarily built their careers outside of the cup series and that is good. But I still think Kahne will get in one day based on the yearly rate

If Nascar wants to make it a more exclusive or a more elite club I think they will have to scale back on the class sizes per year, maybe down to two drivers per year.

I would say that 18 cup wins including wins at the World 600 and the Brickyard shouldn't be the kind of record that would be an embarrassment to the Hall.

The racing crowd is a tough one. There are a few drivers with multiple cup championships and the big win numbers that will guarantee a spot.
I think sooner or later the drivers with at least 20 cup wins will get a more serious look. And FTR I think any driver that has ever won 20 plus cup races is or was an incredible talent, probably the equivalent of batting 300 for an entire career.

There are 11 retired drivers (not counting those not yet eligible for the HOF) that have more Cup wins than Kahne that are not in the Hall of Fame. Neil Bonnett, Jim Paschal, Jeff Burton, Ricky Rudd, and Carl Edwards are notables that are not in. I wonder if Edwards isn't in yet because may voters think he would come back?

There are 11 retired drivers (not counting those not yet eligible for the HOF) that have more Cup wins than Kahne that are not in the Hall of Fame. Neil Bonnett, Jim Paschal, Jeff Burton, Ricky Rudd, and Carl Edwards are notables that are not in. I wonder if Edwards isn't in yet because may voters think he would come back?
I agree on several of those going in.....First

Back
Top Bottom