What 25 drivers do you add to make the 75 Greatest Nascar Drivers for the 75th anniversary?

That was years before I got into NASCAR so I gotta ask... How did he never get suspended for trying to kill Keselowski on two occasions in 2010?
No one really knows. Carl was one of those guys that played off as such a nice guy to the media but he definitely wasn't on the track.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ron Hornaday Jr come on down

As a huge Jeff Burton fan I love it.

I see a lot of pushback to this on social media and I don’t get it. He had some great seasons at Roush and had a bunch of mechanical failures in the chase in 2006 that I believe took that championship from him. He also has more wins than Newman, Kahne, Biffle and Marlin who are already on there.

I think Jeff Burton deserves to be in the top 75.

He did a good job in the Stavola Brothers car during his first two seasons before becoming a part of Jack Roush's team.

His best years or results were with Roush, and a good part of the fan base may simply be too young to remember those years when he was so strong.
He won the Southern 500 and the World 600 during his career. The Twitter crowd that is snarking him as one of the 75 are only exposing their ignorance.

Jeff Burton was well-spoken during his driving years. He gave good interviews, he was more vanilla and less fun than Ward, but the corporate polish served him very well. The polish probably got him tagged as the mayor, I think that is the case.
Some people may remember more of that than his driving. Thay still doesn't change the fact that he drove very well.

It also probably helped him get a job with NBC. Who could have known or foreseen that he would be such a high pitched incessant hemorrhoid to listen to in the booth. But that shouldn't affect an evaluation of him as a Nascar driver.

Who picks the Top 75?

I think if a driver still has a ride when they are 40 years old they probably qualify.
I understand the sentiment but there are probably more than 75 drivers who had a full time ride beyond their 40th birthday.

good tweet with the list here. I'd say they have to add Bobby Labonte at some point.

So 10 down 15 to go...

Some of my guesses/probable shoe ins

1) Harvick
2) Kurt
3) Kyle
5) Johnson
6) Truex
10) Clint Bowyer
Well we have 10 left I think at least 5 of my six remaining are obvious. Throw in names like Coby, Bonsignore, Sprague as I think possibilities. Maybe Todd Bodine for his truck titles? Crafton? It's going to be less obvious people.

Todd Bodine is a NASCAR Top 75 with what’s best, he’s done some in the Trucks, Busch Series, and even as a field filler mid pack Cup.

Doug Coby and a few other Modified drivers have been running well

As they say around here, Sam was a big ol boy.

1683241200184.png

So 4 more left.

Johnson and Harvick are a given.

Who else?

Totally forgot Joey and Kenseth hadn’t been announced yet

Back
Top Bottom