What are you top 5 favorite Nascar Tracks

1) Talladega
2) Daytona
3) Martinsville
4) Darlington
5) Pocono

The racing changes so much at each track as the racing surface ages and the cars change that my opinion just can't remain static. I was a huge fan of the old Bristol, not so much of the new until they started using the pj1. (I was at the 2008 night race, never could have believed I could be so bored at a live race.) Chicago and Kansas put on great races this year, surprising many. Other than the plate tracks, I feel like every week has the potential to become a great race.

Martinsville
North Wilksboro
Hickory
Darlington
Watkins Glenn
Bristol
Richmond

Bristol
Dover
Talladega
Watkins Glen
Darlington

1. Darlington
2. Watkins Glen
3. Bristol
4. Pocono
5. Martinsville

Talladega would be 5th but recent plate racing is just horrible. Still, 'Dega is better than Daytona these days....

I agree, I only listed Daytona first as its usually their first points race f the year and bring out the new look and the driver changes.
I think Dover would be a great place to experiment with having a 100 lap Sportsman race and a 300 lay Main event (with 100 lap stages) all on the same day. That and using the Delaware restart for all cars on the same lap.
The entire event to be televised !
Excuse me, but what is the point of qualifying, they usually need every car that shows up to start, just start them at most events as per points just like they do when qualifications are rained out. ( Anybody new can start on the tail )

Current: 1.) Bristol 2.) Darlington 3.) Martinsville 4.) Daytona 5.) Chicagoland
All-Time 1.) Bristol 2.) Wilkesboro 3.) Martinsville 4.) The Rock 5.) Darlington
Also shout outs to Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Pocono and Dover.

1. Eldora (you didn't say just cup)
2. Darlington
3. Martinsville
4. Atlanta
5. Charlotte

...I like Bristol, but the local hotel gouging and ticket prices are ridiculous. I am rating based on attending a race not watching on TV.

In no order: Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond, Atlanta, Watkins Glen

Honorable mention - Homestead, Darlington

I agree with @Switchback that it's very fluid depending on track surface and other factors (like aero/HP at big tracks). Chicagoland, Kansas, Fontana have been good for several years now. Michigan and Texas were better before the repave/reconfig. etc.

American
1. Bowman Gray Stadium
2. Martinsville
3. Road America
4. Daytona
5. Talladega

Canadian
1. Mosport
2. Jukasa
3. Toronto street course
4. Autodrome Chaudiere
5. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Bristol
Dover
Watkins Glen
Sonoma
Martinsville

Honorable mentions: Richmond, Homestead, Darlington

Thinking of other series: Current
1.) Indianapolis Motor Speedway-Indy 500
2.) Spa-F1
3.) Road America-Indy Car
4.) Gateway-Indy Car
5.) Daytona Roval-Rolex 24 IMSA
Former Circuits from other series:
1.) Milwaukee Mile-CART/Indy Car
2.) Nazareth-CART
3.) Cleveland Burke Lake Front Airport -CART
4.) Surfers Paradise-CART
5.) Imola-F1 San Marino Grand Prix

For ones I’ll been to it’s
1. Darlington
2. Watkins Glen
3. Michigan
4. Martinsville
5. Dover
6. Charlotte
7. Richmond
8. Pocono
9. New Hampshire

1. Bristol
2. Martinsville
3. Richmond
4. Eldora
5. Dover/Darlington (tie)

Bristol
Martinsville
PIR(home track )tied with Richmond
Darlington
Charlotte

Yeah, that sounds good for now.

GREAT RESPONSES :
* I had to notice that a majority of you listed Bristol and another short track, I agree with that, however NASCAR has about killed off all the short tracks, and their schedule is such that they can not add on it.
* I also noticed how many people listed DARLINGTON, it was a huge mistake to drop that off their schedlue
* I liked the Rock as well.
** I was talking about current tracks but talking about all tracks current and former, I would add the old NASHVILLE Fairgrounds to that list .
One of the best short track Circuits was the early A.S.A. American Speed Association: Salem Speedway, Winchester Speedway, Queen City Speedway, Nashville Speedway, all high banked half mile tracks.

I liked Atlanta before they changed it !

Martinsville
Darlington
Watkins Glen
Bristol
Indy (Not so much for the racing, but Indy is still Indy). It doesn't hurt that my team has won nearly half the races there either. :)

GREAT RESPONSES :
* I had to notice that a majority of you listed Bristol and another short track, I agree with that, however NASCAR has about killed off all the short tracks, and their schedule is such that they can not add on it.
* I also noticed how many people listed DARLINGTON, it was a huge mistake to drop that off their schedlue
* I liked the Rock as well.
** I was talking about current tracks but talking about all tracks current and former, I would add the old NASHVILLE Fairgrounds to that list .
One of the best short track Circuits was the early A.S.A. American Speed Association: Salem Speedway, Winchester Speedway, Queen City Speedway, Nashville Speedway, all high banked half mile tracks.

I liked Atlanta before they changed it !

God I miss ASA.

Surprised how Pocono is getting more love than Phoenix and Richmond.

Phoenix and Richmond are solid tracks. There's just not many tracks on the schedule at that high of a speed that require shifting, different type of driving in all 3 corners, along with the knowledge of the draft. Phoenix and Richmond probably are better races for the fans, but there's just something I love about Pocono.

I'm personally excited to see how the Phoenix revamp will be like though, probably gonna be like Nazareth now?

Richmond USED to be great, but somewhere it lost it's mojo. I've got free lodging if I go there for a race, and I just haven't been motivated enough to make the trip. Phoenix is hit and miss.

Richmond USED to be great,
Back in the day when they ran side by side for fifty laps...

Here is my five...one or two are gone, but....

1. Bristol
2. Dover
3. Charlotte
4. Daytona
5. The Milwaukee Mile (well...a guy can dream. Still a frick'n race track in the middle of the city...gotta love it!)

Honorable mention in no particular order: Indianapolis, Road America, Riverside, Talladega, California, and yes, Richmond.

1. Daytona
2. Bristol
3. Talladega
4. Phoenix
5. Pocono

Chicagoland has been pretty good lately for a 1.5er

In no particular order

Dover
Daytona
Talladega
Bristol
Martinsville

Yesterday was my first trip to Pocono and I would definitely go back for a Cup race. Dover and Daytona are the other 2 tracks I've been to a race at.

1 -Watkins Glen
2- Martinsville
3- Sonoma
4- Bristol
5- Richmond

And, going back in time, North Wilkesboro would replace Sonoma.

Back
Top Bottom