What if......

What if, when qualifying is rained out, they didn't line 'em up for the race with the points leader on the pole . . .

but instead did an inverted start with the points leader starting 43rd and the 43rd place car starting on the pole.

I stole this idea from an article I read but I think it could prove interesting, especially at a track that is favorable to passing.

I kinda like this or at least some variation of it. Was it not a couple years back that qualifing was rained out several weeks in a row. It does give a advantage to the leader to have pit stall selection

What if, when qualifying is rained out, they didn't line 'em up for the race with the points leader on the pole . . .

but instead did an inverted start with the points leader starting 43rd and the 43rd place car starting on the pole.

I stole this idea from an article I read but I think it could prove interesting, especially at a track that is favorable to passing.

I don't like a total inversion because there is only like 30 cars that are even competitive speed wise. An inverted field would cause some needless cautions with faster cars trying to get by.

I'd rather their be a random draw..

Ah ....no . I don't want to see inverted fields , figure eight races or jumping school buses . Changing some things doesn't make them better . Just makes the sanctioning body look stupid . When you have a great product , just tell people that you have a great product ; that doesn't need changing.

Kinda sounds like a welfare system to me...

Not gonna happen. NASCAR grants certain privileges to the points leader (first garage stall, first out in practice, etc) and those include starting on the pole if qualifying is canceled.

Besides, if you were going to start in reverse order, why would you care about rain or canceled qualifying? They could ignore qualifying and do that regardless of the weather.

Ah ....no . I don't want to see inverted fields , figure eight races or jumping school buses .
I do, just not at the level national touring series. That's why we have Saturday night at the local short track, which is where inverted starts belongs.

I do, just not at the level national touring series. That's why we have Saturday night at the local short track, which is where inverted starts belongs.

I wonder . Do fans of the National Ballet or the Opera ever say , "Heh , I got an idea how we can make this crap better " ?

I wonder . Do fans of the National Ballet or the Opera ever say, "Heh, I got an idea how we can make this crap better ?"

When they're not nodding off, I'm sure it's something they've thought of once or twice.

I wonder . Do fans of the National Ballet or the Opera ever say , "Heh , I got an idea how we can make this crap better " ?
Two words: stripper poles.

Actually, the Columbia (SC) City Ballet puts on some pretty good shows. Their annual Halloween 'Dracula' show has pyro, strobes, stakes through the heart, fountains of blood, and plenty of young ladies in skimpy costumes.

Back
Top Bottom