What kind of car do you drive?

The two currently in my driveway....2016 Nissan Frontier and 2017 Lincoln MKC.
F7747579-864B-4A04-A14A-98900D09ABD8.jpeg

F514CB7D-A789-4C0F-8CE8-FF5A1217D1B4.jpeg

Toyotas. Never been in another showroom. Ever. Seriously.

I drive a 2016 Honda Pilot. 23mpg sitting in two hours of bumper to bumper traffic daily with the AC blasting. Carrys 7 in comfort and with the seats down I can fit a pallet of boxes for my biz.

Not the most NASCAR ride out there, but it was assembled in Alabama so that’s gotta count for something.

I have an 07 P.T. Cruiser and my wife has an 09 Fusion. I love them. Why? Paid for. No payments. Low insurance.

My dad's first car was a 66' Goat. He's owned amazing cars but that is the one he kicks himself for getting rid of.

My cars in order:

71' Beetle(first car no brake death trap)
05' Chevy Aveo(110 MPH roller skate)
04' Scion TC(drove this car for 190k miles)
92' T-Bird SHO(it was free and badass)
96' Corolla(The most fun car I've ever had, simply because I could run into sh!t for the hell of it)
06' TRD 2WD Tacoma(I am in love)

Did you build that T-Bird SHO? because T-Bird never made a SHO. I know this because I've owned SHOs since 1995. SHOs are Taurus'. I've owned 3 of them and still drive a 92mtx today with 194k on it.

Did you build that T-Bird SHO? because T-Bird never made a SHO. I know this because I've owned SHOs since 1995. SHOs are Taurus'. I've owned 3 of them and still drive a 92mtx today with 194k on it.
T-Bird SC perhaps?

No, memory just failed me. Idk why I mixed that up and I don't know what sub-model it was. I know it had a 5 liter in it and liked to be sideways haha.

It was free because my brother acquired it and didn't feel like replacing the steering gear and lower control arms, so I did and promptly sold it.

I drive a 2016 Honda Pilot. 23mpg sitting in two hours of bumper to bumper traffic daily with the AC blasting. Carrys 7 in comfort and with the seats down I can fit a pallet of boxes for my biz.

Not the most NASCAR ride out there, but it was assembled in Alabama so that’s gotta count for something.
I grew up 16 miles from the Honda plant in Marysville Ohio.

My first registered road vehicle was a 1942 Ford business coupe bought for $100.00 in 1955.
My next car was a 1953 MG TD and the most fun car I ever owned ...... until a drunk crossed into my lane Memorial Day, 1956, and hit me left of center. I road raced, ran rallies and did timed hill climbs with the MG. No heater and only means of transportation during the winter months in rural NJ but fun anyway.
From that to a 1955 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan then a 1958 Ford Custom 300 tudor w/352 that met its demise when broadsided by an Edsal Station Wagon, followed by a 1960 Valiant, a '63 Valiant, '65 Chrysler 300 Hardtop, and the rest are lost in a maze of cars and trucks too numerous to remember until we retired. A 1999 Lexus LS400 we kept fourteen years until moving to Florida (80K mis. when sold), a 2004 Dakota 4wd.
Current vehicles are a 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2013 Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi 5.7 (19 mpg!!!) and a 1993 Chevrolet Silverado w/79,000 mis., original paint that is for sale.

1st truck was a 98 s10 zr2 that was certified piece of sh!t

2nd truck was a 99 chevy z71. Still have it with 300k on it. Only reason I dont drive it is it has a busted fuel line and I haven't has time to fix it. Leveled out on 33" mud tires. One badass truck

My new daily driver is a 2012 Gmc sierra 4x4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2016 mazda 6
8a6248a3490d62c0a5c6ccff4a837eba.jpg

Christ do you all drive trucks? Lol way to fit the stereotype

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My late 2019 or 2020 plan is to make my Silverado a weekend and projects only driver. I love the truck just more miles going to work than I want to rack up on such a high priced purchase. I plan on keeping it garaged during the weekdays, trucks are so expensive I want a long life.

We will buy my wife a new car, something sporty. I would love to put her in a Camaro but she probably couldn't drive it or adjust to the limited window visability. She can't back and park worth a damn either. I think I have been a bad influence on her . She has a heavy foot, when we first got together she was a mild conservative driver. I am honestly coaching her now on how to be nice when the inevitable ticket occurs. I can't give her 400 + HP to play with.
So it will probably be a another neutered Toyota or similar get you there soft comfy deal. She wants a GPS and a back up camara, and the high end ergonomics. It will probably be a Lexus or Accura for her.

We will not trade in her 2012 Camry. It only has 57k miles and it will not sale well enough verses the long life that remains. I will drive it to work daily. It has a good stereo, and Bluetooth and will do the job for simply driving to work.

The next purchase for me will be a 1955 chevrolet that has been already restored. Probably with high HP crate engine. Has to be two doors, and must have a 4 speed for slapping around town.

My wife has a brand new Elantra Limited, gets great gas mileage, nice little ride. I currently have an 06 Azera with a few mods in it, nothing too radical, but she gets up and goes.

My first car was a 1955 Plymouth Plaza 4 door, Metallic Brown body Cream top, three on the tree, 241 rebuilt V8, Heater, (New heater Core) it had a non-working AM radio. Recapped snow bias 6 ply tires. Wrecked it, Too fast on a dirt road, and the on coming traffic locked his brakes, slid sideways and caught me with his angle iron rear bumper. Bye Bye front left fender. Next a '60 Ford 300, 2 door sedan. Hi miles for the day, but only three years old, 292 2 barrel Y block V8, 2 speed Ford-O-Matic, Heater and a working Philco AM radio, so sweet, sounded good, good gas mileage. Had it till I went in the Army when 17 in 64. Folks let my sister "use it". She trashed it and abandoned it at a gas station in Weippe Idaho.
I come back from Vietnam, got out went to Wyoming, bought a new VW Bug, had a choice between a new '67, or for $20 more, a new '68. Stupidly I choose the '68. Hated that car! I went back in the Army and a guy bought the VW but I had to take a 59 Ford Convertible in trade, good car but I was headed back to Vietnam and sold it. When I returned in '70 I bought a new Ford full size 500 Sportsroof, 351 Windsor 2 barrel, Cruise-O-Matic, Metallic Blue, Okay car, but I had the experience needed in Vietnam so back I went sold the car. I had a Suzuki Rebel 350 motorcycle too but left it with a friend, I knew at the time it would be trashed and it was.
On return I started going thru cars like water, new and used, '64 Olds Dynamic 88 convertible, new 73 Subaru 1400 DL, new 73 Fiat 850 Spyder, new 73 1500 Chevrolet pickup, used '70 Plymouth Fury, used '63 Chevrolet Corvair Convertible, new '75 Buick Special V6, new '77 VW Rabbit, new '78 Cutlass Supreme Brougham 260 V8, new 81 Ford Bronco (300 6, 4speed OD manual, limited slip front and rear axles) new 81 Nissan 280 ZX, (Went with ex) new 82 Mustang GT, '76 Buick Electra 225, new '86 Taurus LX V6, new '86 Bronco, new '86 Mercury Lynx, '73 Ranchero GT, '78 Buick, '82 Buick, '79 Mustang 4, '82 VW US Rabbit, new 88 Jeep Comanche pickup 6, used 89 Mustang LX Coupe 5 speed 5.0 V8, 82 Lincoln Continental,
Then a new era I was keeping cars a lot longer. new 98 Mustang V6, new 98 Ranger XLT SC, V6 Auto, and while the Mustang was parked a drunk rammed it, totaled about five cars. We bought a new Kia Sedona Vanto replaced that, a 2009 Escape 4 cylinder replaced the Ranger. Bought a new 2012 F-150 Lariat crew cab, Traded the Van on a 2013 Lincoln MKX and so were currently have the 2009 Escape, 2012 F-150, and the 2013 MKX.
I missed a lot of vehicles that I really never drove or even re-registered and I had another five motorcycles.
I like what I have now, but my best were the "81 Bronco, 89 Mustang and the Ranger PU in my opinion. I really soured on GM, found foreign cars, back in the day, hard to get parts for (and they needed parts like any other) So I have settled on buying Ford. I would buy a Korean car as my wife is Korean. Other than that I get paid in US dollars. You don't have to do it that way but I feel I do.

Going this weekend to buy a 2019 Land Rover Discovery. Test drove it last weekend and fell in love with it. Amazing ride, great size and it hits all of our needs with the AWD, climate control, heated everything and pass mode. The hangers in the back for my work jackets and the grocery organizer doesn't hurt either.

Since I'm old and a gearhead to boot, I've had quite a few. Many builders/projects not listed...

In order of their appearance...

67 Mustang GT fastback 289 4spd
66 Chevelle SS396 L/78 M22 4spd
69 Camaro SS/RS 350 auto/ac
66 Nova SS 327/4spd
71 F150 302 longbed
71 Blazer 4x4 350/4spd
73 Mercury Capri V6/4spd
71 Nova SS 350/4spd
78 Plymouth Arrow GT
68 Camaro 327/at
69 Chevelle SS396 350hp/at/ac (buddy in Minn still has it)
69 Roadrunner 383 4spd
71 Dodge Demon340 w/added 440 4spd
89 Thunderbird Supercoupe 3.6 supercharged 5spd
95 Dakota 5.2 4x2
70 Cougar Eliminator 351C 4bbl 4spd
70 Plymouth GTX 440 6bbl AT 3:91's - hence my username I have had for years

That was it for the cars, been in trucks ever since

04 Ram 1500 4x4 4.7
06 F150 4x4 5.4
12 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
09 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7 Hemi
07 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Cummins 5.9

Current vehicles
16 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 Cummins 6.7 - 5th wheel hauler
05 Jeep Liberty Limited for running around town
15 Lexus RX450h - wifes

The tow setup...

Longhorn-wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:
Sold my baby to my nephew this past summer. 1982 Mercury Capri RS, 302/4 Speed. Bought it new , had roughly 78k miles when I sold it it. Summer only car, never seen a winter, last 10 years hardly saw rain. Gawd I miss this car.

Me and the Capri at the 28th Street Cruise in Grand Rapids.
upload_2018-12-24_8-20-51.jpeg

Sold my baby to my nephew this past summer. 1982 Mercury Capri RS, 302/4 Speed. Bought it new , had roughly 78k miles when I sold it it. Summer only car, never seen a winter, last 10 years hardly saw rain. Gawd I miss this car.

Me and the Capri at the 28th Street Cruise in Grand Rapids.View attachment 37835
Ex GF had a black 81 RS 302/at with T-tops. She bought it three years old in 84. Fox bodies are fun. I always thought the Fox body Capri's were nicer looking than Mustangs of that era. Hers looked like this one...

1981_mercury_capri-pic-7519542661439607503-1600x1200.jpeg

‘13 Mustang and a ‘13 Sierra however with this job at Honda probably trading in the Mustang for a Civic Type R

Thanks for bumping this thread @Greg :cheers:

I've owned a bunch of cars, all of them GM, but that changed earlier this summer when I bought a Scion (Toyota) XB for $500.....

20201016-183502-HDR.jpg

I have to admit, I liked this car wayyyyy more than I ever thought I would. Luckily this was a 5 speed manual, so it wasn't too boring to drive. And as small as it is, there's plenty of room inside. It was a GREAT daily driver. And don't tell @Revman but I even bought a TRD shift knob for it because the stock shifter was really ugly :biggrin:

I just got a new job with a company provided car (Ford Focus hatchback...blahh) so I sold the Scion. Made a nice profit off of it too. It was ugly, but it was a really good car and I'm going to miss it. 265k miles but it still ran and drove perfect.

I've owned a bunch of cars, all of them GM, but that changed earlier this summer when I bought a Scion (Toyota) XB for $500.....

20201016-183502-HDR.jpg

I have to admit, I liked this car wayyyyy more than I ever thought I would. Luckily this was a 5 speed manual, so it wasn't too boring to drive. And as small as it is, there's plenty of room inside. It was a GREAT daily driver. And don't tell @Revman but I even bought a TRD shift knob for it because the stock shifter was really ugly :biggrin:

I just got a new job with a company provided car (Ford Focus hatchback...blahh) so I sold the Scion. Made a nice profit off of it too. It was ugly, but it was a really good car and I'm going to miss it. 265k miles but it still ran and drove perfect.
Yep, the toaster on wheels, they are very surprsinally roomy on the inside.

20201016-183502-HDR.jpg

That's a cool looking vehicle.

I guess you can see in the photos, while Greg is generous in buying his Bride a new vehicle replete with mega-features, his truck is under the car port cover and her new car is out in the elements and blazing hot sun. Just sayin' ......................... :rolleyes:

Bought the wife a new 2020 Accord today, leather seats all the bells and whistles.View attachment 49931View attachment 49932

Love the new Accords. That would make a nice lookin' cup car.

It's weird....While I have only driven Toyotas my entire life, I don't have Honda hate. Don't know a lot of Toyota owners who do. When I think of Honda coming to NASCAR someday, they would be nothing more than another manufacturer for MY Toyotas to beat. Having said of all that--and with all due respect--the only two production Hondas I have ever thought were cool were the S2000 and 1st Gen NSX. That NSX was incredible. Loved the Zanardi Edition when Alex was ripping Hondas about the CART circuit.

I guess you can see in the photos, while Greg is generous in buying his Bride a new vehicle replete with mega-features, his truck is under the car port cover and her new car is out in the elements and blazing hot sun. Just sayin' ......................... :rolleyes:
LOL
Planning on setting up a detached garage.

Back
Top Bottom