What? no All Star Bonehead?

Wrecked an expensive racecar.

Its free reign. I would have gone straight for the jugular, too. Preaching respect and forgiveness, then turns me on purpose? All bets are off at that point.
If they cant cut on you about race then you can't cut on them about religion. Can't have your cake and eat it too

I would have been fine had he said he's a terrible driver and shouldn't be out there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If they cant cut on you about race then you can't cut on them about religion. Can't have your cake and eat it too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What?

Something you are =/= Something you believe in

So, calling me out of term is outright wrong and I will be happy enough to talk to you about it. My belief in God is my own perception in what I believe because many don't believe in a higher power. I don't make fun of anyone for believing in Buddism, Yahweh, or whatever higher power. That is that individuals perspective.

McDowell will most likely shake it off anyways, if it bothers him his skin is pretty thin.

I have a problem with anybody who tries to elevate themselves above others by being an example of a particular religion. It's a narrow path to walk. That being said Wallace bringing that up didn't work. Attempting to do what Suarez did would have worked better. McDowell will continue doing what he does. They both race in the back around each other most of the races. It didn't accomplish anything.

Wrecked an expensive racecar.

Its free reign. I would have gone straight for the jugular, too. Preaching respect and forgiveness, then turns me on purpose? All bets are off at that point.
If wrecking an expensive racecar is free reign for someone to go after their character/beliefs rather than their actions on track, then the garage must be a hell of a dirty place.

Bubba has wrecked a few race cars by himself. Wonder if Richard ever laid into his character over it?

Did Kyle Busch disparage Bubba’s personal beliefs after he got hooked at Watkins Glen?

Call him a name. Call him a talentless hack. But going after his religion/character makes it personal for no reason. I like Bubba and he has an A+ personality that this sport needs but if he keeps swinging hammers in a fistfight so to speak, eventually he’s gonna come across someone with a sword.

If wrecking an expensive racecar is free reign for someone to go after their character/beliefs rather than their actions on track, then the garage must be a hell of a dirty place.

Bubba has wrecked a few race cars by himself. Wonder if Richard ever laid into his character over it?

Did Kyle Busch disparage Bubba’s personal beliefs after he got hooked at Watkins Glen?

Call him a name. Call him a talentless hack. But going after his religion/character makes it personal for no reason. I like Bubba and he has an A+ personality that this sport needs but if he keeps swinging hammers in a fistfight so to speak, eventually he’s gonna come across someone with a sword.

I think Bubba's insulation is that McDowell is one of those guys that always leads with the religion thing and always lets you know how right with the Lord he thinks he is. If that's the case, it's kind of hard to NOT throw it back in their face when they do something "un-Christian". As for McDowell, he was a menace back when he raced in Grand Am, so this is old news with him. I can't remember the specific incidents now, but I remember being VERY upset with him over a couple of stupid moves he made in GA that took out drivers I was supporting, and I seem to remember unapologetic responses from him after those incidents. I don't believe in throwing their religion back at other people either, BUT, sometimes people kind of ask for it.

McDowell will shake it off, I had zero issues with it. I would have had zero issues if anyone else said it.

Your beliefs are just that, if you have an issue of a couple of words... I mean its just words being thrown your way and I don't know Michael personally, but even after getting slammed by Suarez he still had that same smile on his face. IMO it won't bother him and Bubba will get over it. McDowell might end up in the wall or be raced extremely hard from now on out.

Frustrations boiled over on both sides and words were said, at that point it us what it is. I'm not moved by knocking religion because I know plenty of religious individuals who really are snakes, its the reason why it doesn't bother me. I can understand why it may bother others though.

This isn't directed towards anyone btw, I'm just telling you what I feel about it. I hope no one took offense to what I said.

1. Whoever decided Blaney didn't need to stop for tires
2. McDowell
3. Fox Sports - Going to commercial with 20 to go, stage 3. And constantly breaking away to show an aerial view of the race track.
3. Bubba

692A153C-7C12-4B82-B635-CB859A6FBB75.jpeg

I think Bubba's insulation is that McDowell is one of those guys that always leads with the religion thing and always lets you know how right with the Lord he thinks he is. If that's the case, it's kind of hard to NOT throw it back in their face when they do something "un-Christian". As for McDowell, he was a menace back when he raced in Grand Am, so this is old news with him. I can't remember the specific incidents now, but I remember being VERY upset with him over a couple of stupid moves he made in GA that took out drivers I was supporting, and I seem to remember unapologetic responses from him after those incidents. I don't believe in throwing their religion back at other people either, BUT, sometimes people kind of ask for it.
So take it up with them personally face to face. Don’t throw a guy under the bus on prime time TV because you think his character is hypocritical. Crush him on his driving ability, fair game.

After reading the race thread and seeing all of the low numbers in the rate the race thread even with the most popular driver winning would make me think moving the race to Bristol might be a good candidate for the bonehead award.

After reading the race thread and seeing all of the low numbers in the rate the race thread even with the most popular driver winning would make me think moving the race to Bristol might be a good candidate for the bonehead award.
It wouldn't take long with a steady diet of short tracks before the howling would begin.

It wouldn't take long with a steady diet of short tracks before the howling would begin.
If I cared much, I'd agree with those who say it should be rotated through a variety of tracks. I care more about rotating the order of tracks in the playoffs, so I'd rather fight for that hill.

Now I know it must have been a failure...because even Andy said it wasn't good, on another thread. :)
It had it's moments as almost every race does. Three wide down the straight with Blaney,Harvick and Elliott in the middle of the sandwich was pretty good. McDowell turning Wallace was the black bart moment of the race. But it was pretty calm, not many mistakes by anybody. I wish it was the trucks myself

I miss Jimmy. Always didn't agree with him every time though. Here is all roses and flower blossoms McDowell that's pretty typical. He's a proffit about DP's three races in the series and the future of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom