What race are you most looking forward to

I think Bristol dirt 2 will be better. I don't have one that sticks out

iam cant wait to see what team figures out the new car first and to see what smaller team steps up. i always hope its hms,but we will see.and hope hailie has more top 10s

With this new car I think Darlington or Homestead will be race of the year. I’m intrigued to see how these perform on short tracks, not enough discussion about how much different short track racing will be this season

Los Angeles, Daytona, Fontana, Las Vegas, COTA, Martinsville, Bristol Dirt, Talladega, Charlotte, Sonoma, Gateway, Nashville, Pocono, Michigan, Homestead-Miami.

Portland, COTA for Xfinity.

IRP, Knoxville, Mid-Ohio, Sonoma for Trucks.

NASCAR needs to bring back Iowa Speedway for Xfinity & Trucks and go to Williams Grove instead of Knoxville though.

I also vote for Gateway! New track for Cup, new car at a new track. Fast and challenging.

Every damn one of them....but selfishly.....the first one I go to after COVID ***** itself.

Hell yeah, that would damn sure separate the chafe from the wheat. :booya: Those long straights and tight turns would make it interesting to say the least. I saw a WOO race there 5 years ago, hell of a show.

Iowa Speedway for Knoxville (at least bring back Xfinity to Iowa Speedway), add Williams Grove for a 24 race schedule. Trucks could use another race, they used to do 25.

Iowa Speedway for Knoxville (at least bring back Xfinity to Iowa Speedway), add Williams Grove for a 24 race schedule. Trucks could use another race, they used to do 25.
If you want a PA dirt track for trucks I think Port Royal is the better option

If you want a PA dirt track for trucks I think Port Royal is the better option

Port Royal is nice, but Williams Grove is like the 3rd biggest/most prestigious dirt race on the WoO schedule and in dirt in general

Port Royal is nice, but Williams Grove is like the 3rd biggest/most prestigious dirt race on the WoO schedule and in dirt in general
Prestigious maybe, but facility and infrastructure I'd go with Port. More grandstand seats too

I was already excited to see the Clash at the Coliseum and now that I just found out that Ice Cube will be in the house, I'm even more excited. :punkrocke
I'm not enthused about any break long enough for someone to perform, regardless of whether it's Ice Cube or Bubbles LaTush and Her Seven Veils. If they're allowed to make changes to the cars during the break, I'm far more interested in what they're doing in the pits. Stage breaks are bad enough; NASCAR, please don't introduce half-time shows.

I'm not enthused about any break long enough for someone to perform, regardless of whether it's Ice Cube or Bubbles LaTush and Her Seven Veils. If they're allowed to make changes to the cars during the break, I'm far more interested in what they're doing in the pits. Stage breaks are bad enough; NASCAR, please don't introduce half-time shows.
I doubt they are going to let you go to the pits to watch them work on the cars like NHRA does. I look forward to watching Ice Cube on the stage during the break. But you and I have never been on the same page when it comes to more bang for our buck when it comes to pre-race concerts or the Monster girls walking around handing out energy drinks. ;) As far as watching it on tv I would definitely rather watch Ice Cube perform then watching a dozen commercials or listening to the gerbils talking about what I just watched while the teams work on their cars. This is just one race so I can handle it either way. I doubt they are planning on halftime shows at all of the races. The reason they are having this race is to attract more fans and the more excitement the more chances of accomplishing that.

I doubt they are going to let you go to the pits to watch them work on the cars like NHRA does.
I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear (again). I meant that as a TV viewer, I'd rather see coverage of what's going on in the pits than coverage of anything not related to the racing, even if gerbil-infested. If I were in attendance, I'd probably be grateful for the opportunity to stand in line for the bathroom. As you noted, you and I are coming at this from completely different perspectives.

Seriously, though, since I have no knowledge, is Ice Cube going to draw younger audiences? No offense is intended by the question; I ask out of pure ignorance. I just remember Monster's attempts to draw more / new fans with stuff like MMA and motorcycle stunts; I don't recall them as being particularly successful in the long run.

EDIT: I swear I posted my question before I saw Melon Man's posts.

Last edited:
I doubt they are going to let you go to the pits to watch them work on the cars like NHRA does. I look forward to watching Ice Cube on the stage during the break. But you and I have never been on the same page when it comes to more bang for our buck when it comes to pre-race concerts or the Monster girls walking around handing out energy drinks. ;) As far as watching it on tv I would definitely rather watch Ice Cube perform then watching a dozen commercials or listening to the gerbils talking about what I just watched while the teams work on their cars. This is just one race so I can handle it either way. I doubt they are planning on halftime shows at all of the races. The reason they are having this race is to attract more fans and the more excitement the more chances of accomplishing that.
Well, we have one thing working in our favor in that it will be the Fox bunch instead of the gerbils. They say the pits are going to be outside the stadium. It's anybodies guess if or when they will be open or closed IMO, I haven't heard how they are going to do that. I would imagine Ice Cube will have some sharp looking babes with him. One guy stomping around yapping is pretty boring in itself.

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear (again). I meant that as a TV viewer, I'd rather see coverage of what's going on in the pits than coverage of anything not related to the racing, even if gerbil-infested. If I were in attendance, I'd probably be grateful for the opportunity to stand in line for the bathroom. As you noted, you and I are coming at this from completely different perspectives.

Seriously, though, since I have no knowledge, is Ice Cube going to draw younger audiences? No offense is intended by the question; I ask out of pure ignorance. I just remember Monster's attempts to draw more / new fans with stuff like MMA and motorcycle stunts; I don't recall them as being particularly successful in the long run.

EDIT: I swear I posted my question before I saw Melon Man's posts.
One can only hope they draw some new younger fans, but time will tell. There are enough young people around here that you would think they will if they play their cards right.

Well, we have one thing working in our favor in that it will be the Fox bunch instead of the gerbils. They say the pits are going to be outside the stadium. It's anybodies guess if or when they will be open or closed IMO, I haven't heard how they are going to do that. I would imagine Ice Cube will have some sharp looking babes with him. One guy stomping around yapping is pretty boring in itself.
I can't say I'm a big fan of his music, but I do like his movies.

Back
Top Bottom