What races are you planning to attend?

No NASCAR sanctioned events for me but I hope to get over to Mid-Ohio for vintage motorcycle days and maybe another time too. IRP, Eldora and Winchester are all close by plus my local short track is a stone's throw away.

I have lost track of all the NASCAR races I have been to over the years and for the most part I had a great time. At this point seeing the races from home makes more sense and it frees up time for other things too.

Charlotte Coke 600, Dover the following weekend and the list will be growing. After Dover we're going to Grafton Notch State Park Maine and follow the Appalachian Trail Road Trip all the way down to Atlanta Ga and then home to Florida. We've been all over that area but we've wanted to drive the trail route for years. We haven't decided what other tracks and trips yet. This year I'm behind on planning because I wanted to wait and see how the new rules would be.

Pretty sure I have been making these ever since I got my
first excel program. The last column is used to notate
my events to attend or to notate other important sports events.
I hope you find it useful.

Attachments

• 2017_Race_Schedule Public.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 132
Might be camping at charlotte for the 600, definitely going to darlington this year. Darlington is exactly 55 minutes from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 400 in Daytona in July.

View from my seats

20160701_190726_resized.jpg

20160701_212743_resized.jpg

I think I have been to the last 4 Dega races in a row but not sure I'll make it this year.

I am a season ticket holder at Kentucky and I am pissed that the fall Xifinty race has been moved to Vegas. The fall race was one of my favorite race weekends. was nice temps and the race was good with hardly any cup guys in it. Perfect beer drinking and tail gate weather.

Why the change? And why one or the other?

Honestly, I just feel more comfortable at a baseball game. I feel like I'd get my money's worth and I can combine it with other things that week/weekend.

Racing wise, there's nothing they have at the track that I can't see on tv. I've been to baseball games before and there's nothing that compares to being there in person under the lights/sun watching your team.

Plus the price I'm paying for NASCAR ticket in the nosebleeds I got right above home plate.

Honestly, I just feel more comfortable at a baseball game. I feel like I'd get my money's worth and I can combine it with other things that week/weekend.

Racing wise, there's nothing they have at the track that I can't see on tv. I've been to baseball games before and there's nothing that compares to being there in person under the lights/sun watching your team.

Plus the price I'm paying for NASCAR ticket in the nosebleeds I got right above home plate.

Fair enough. As both a baseball and racing fan though, I'd definitely say a race is far more of an experience. Should definitely try it at some point!

Fair enough. As both a baseball and racing fan though, I'd definitely say a race is far more of an experience. Should definitely try it at some point!

I've been to some short track and motorcross races.... I'd just rather watch on tv

1. Yeah, baseball is even MORE boring in person
2. The nosebleeds are the better seats at a race

1. Yeah, baseball is even MORE boring in person
2. The nosebleeds are the better seats at a race

Guess what? I don't think baseball is boring in person. If it was I wouldn't be going to a game. You're opinion doesn't negate mine, so try it again without being condescending.

I don't think baseball is boring in person, but I feel like the racing you get at the track is miles better than what TV (and FOX more than NBC) show.

Probably the usual, both Michigan races and the truck race at Eldora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next year, I'm planning to go to the Southern 500.

Went to St. Pete, now I'm trying to decide if its going to be the Gator Nationals or 12-hours of Sebring.:(
I could not recommend a better event right now in NASCAR - I promise you it will be worth the trip.

I might go to MIS this summer if I get free tix from my credit union again. From there it depends on raceday weather.

Last edited:
I enjoy both baseball and racing in person. If money wasnt an issue, racing would probably win for me though. Baseball games are very relaxing and chill which is one of the main reasons why I enjoy going to them.

There's an NCRA Sprint cars race this weekend at our local track with $15,000 up for grabs. I think I may go to that.

I have been to two Chicagoland races. Dont think I will ever go to another. The last one I went to cost about $500 for sat. and Sun. one night in a motel. Back then you could only buy season tickets and the hotel charged me $200 for a "handicap" accessible room on the second floor. The room didnt have a handicap shower or wide doors for wheelchairs. Completely enjoyed the race. Jr. won. But the whole weekend all I could think about was how much it cost and how hot it was in the grandstands.

One thing I will say about Chicagoland. There is no such thing as a bad seat.

I've never been to a baseball game..... or ANY sporting event for that matter other than Nascar... I've just never gotten into that stuff...... been to a lot of races and the ''nose bleed section'' is the place to be.......... but.... like you and a few others mentioned.... I've been to my last one.... it's too expensive and I just don't enjoy the travelling and the hassle of going and coming and the motels and all that anymore. I've seen it done it.... smelled the fuel and the tires.. heard the engines...... fought the crowds and traffic.... It's great for the 3 hours you are watching.... but....... I can see what's unfolding better at home and when the race is over....... I'm at home..... SHAZZAM!!!!!

I'm certainly not rich but I don't see NASCAR as that expensive anymore. My Pocono ticket (great seats, top row before the covered section) is $75 parking is free and you bring your own food and beverages. $75 for 6-7 hour day is quite reasonable imo.

I went to Kentucky last year for reasonable sum. Ticket was $60, $20 parking, really nice hotel outside of Cincinnati was $85 a night for Friday and Saturday. I played a great course outside of Cincinnati Saturday morning (night race) through Golfnow for $35. With a cheap weekend rental car, gas and food ( I eat smart) I was well under $500 for a 3 day weekend getaway.

My Michigan trip was similar except I didn't play golf since it was day race.

I have tickets for my son and I for Martinsville and the All Star race for about 100$. I'm pretty happy with that. Martinsville seats are good, All Star race seats are decent.

im only going to the pocono truck race since my 3 year old nephew loves the trucks and its a short race to sit through if he gets antsy.
Having hot passes last race at pocono and sitting on kyle buschs pit box all race with Samatha and Adam kinda runined seeing the race any other way lol huge props to my wife for making that happen.

Attachments

• 20160801_120202.smalljpg.jpg
    20160801_120202.smalljpg.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 124
This year, fall NH race.. I've owned tickets for 13 years. But I guess it's my last race since NASCAR is loosing it

I'm not sure? I probably would have the money to get a ticket and go. I wound up not going last year because of money.

1. I'd be going by myself and I'd rather have company. 2. I can see more of the race on tv.

Have four on the calendar this year. Atlanta, both Talladegas and Darlington.

Back
Top Bottom