What races are you planning to attend?

Bowtie3

Team Owner
In today's race thread, people started talking about races they were planning to attend. Didn't want to hijack the thread and I thought this would be a cool topic.

I am planning to go to three or four this year. I already have tickets to Martinsville and the All Star race. Taking my son to both. He got to go to qualifying at Martinsville last year but this will be his first race. I'll go to the fall Martinsville race as well. I'm hoping to get a trip to Darlington planned. If not, I may brave the 600.

Been to Daytona already, will make one Pocono and maybe the playoff race at Dover.

Kansas in May because it's down the road then hopefully Daytona in July and one of the Charlotte / Atlanta races.

Chicagoland for sure.

Michigan is a possibility.

Martinsville, Bristol and Darlington are on my bucket list.

Both Poconos. Would like to add a third, possibly the Glen or Dover.

Spring Dover for sure

Watkins Glen since it's the closest to me. Thinking about Bristol later that month.

I'm way up north, no cup track in driving distance. But, my younger brother's college roomate just happens to be related to Harold Brasington, and they're good friends, so we've got 4 hot passes to Darlington. That might be my one race I fly to, but if I can swing it I'll drive down for one of the Iowa Xfinity races again and potentially fly in for the Firecracker 400. Don't think I'm going to be able to make either of the Charlotte races though.

Doing my 1st Coke 600 trip
Probably both Dover races
World of Outlaws Late Models at Georgetown Speedway in Delaware
Would Like to go to the Indycar race at Pocono, not sure though.

Hopefully, both Texas races, but neither is a guarantee.

Haven't been to a race since 2015. :( The next Cup race I attend will be the first Cup race I've attended without Jeff Gordon in it.

(Unless he substitutes for a driver, I suppose.)

I'm moving to Georgia this summer I'm pretty thrilled at the proximity to a whole lot of tracks I've never been to.

Been to Daytona, Homestead, Texas at least 10 times, Phoenix, Kansas twice, and the Brickyard.

Whatever you have to do to make Martinsville happen, do it. You will not regret it.

Agreed! My dad and I try to go to a race a year and we made our first tracks be the one's at the top of our bucket list...Bristol, Martinsville, Charlotte and Dega, along with Texas, Atlanta and Kansas. Daytona is my last must see track, but that will be an expensive trip. I'd love to do Dega again and since it's the third closest track to me after Kansas and Texas, I will probably go again on the next few years.

Would Like to go to the Indycar race at Pocono, not sure though.

I went to my first Indy race last year at Pocono and had a blast. Blown away. I've been to dozens of NASCAR races there and the comparison, especially going through 3 was stunning.

Sonoma would be awesome. My dad and I planned to go in '07 but he died in January. I should probably get up there once just for him.

I've been going to Sonoma with my pops for 18 years. He's 71 now and we don't bring the motor home and spend Friday till Monday anymore.But we will there Friday to watch practice, have some beers, and watch practice and qualifying. Sonoma is a great track to see in person IMO.

I went to my first Indy race last year at Pocono and had a blast. Blown away. I've been to dozens of NASCAR races there and the comparison, especially going through 3 was stunning.
I went back in 2015, One of the best races I have been to besides what happened that day

Annual tradition of both Pocono races. I'm also headed back to Kentucky. I had a blast last year! I don't think I'm going to return to Michigan. The Dover fall race intrigues me. I went to the Monster Mile for 20 straight years 1990-2010 and feel compelled to go back.

This year by my count will put me over 100 live Cup races :D. I'm only 34...

Kern County Raceway Park (Bakersfield) for K&N.
Las Vegas Motor Speedway for Trucks in September.

After that, I have no clue. Been to all the tracks on the West Coast and would like to do an East Coast race later this year. Maybe Darlington or Dover.

Annual tradition of both Pocono races. I'm also headed back to Kentucky. I had a blast last year! I don't think I'm going to return to Michigan. The Dover fall race intrigues me. I went to the Monster Mile for 20 straight years 1990-2010 and feel compelled to go back.

This year by my count will put me over 100 live Cup races :D. I'm only 34...
Nice. I'm 36 and only in the 20s at most. I need to count them up.

This is my tentative “fair weather only” 2017 race schedule:

Jan. 28th – 24 hr Daytona – Done

Feb. 4th – Chumpcar 14 hr race- Road Atlanta- Done

Mar. 4th – Nascar Xfinity/Trucks-AMS- Done

Mar.25th – Motorcycle Flat Track – Dixie Speedway

April 8th – K&N East Greenville SC

April 22nd- Walter Mitty – Road Atlanta

May 5th – NHRA Atlanta Friday only- nite quali.

May 7th – Nascar Cup Talladega

May 20th-21st – Bristol TN Short Track Championships

July 15th – Sprintcars – Dixie Speedway

Sept.30th – Petit Le Mans – Road Atl.

Nov.11th-12th- Classic 24 hr Daytona

Nice. I'm 36 and only in the 20s at most. I need to count them up.

I was fortunate to grow up 45 minutes from Pocono and about 3.5 hours from Dover. Most of family is from the Lehigh Valley (home of the Andretti's) so racing was always popular. My dad was a big Elliott fans dating back to the mid 80's so that's why there was interest in the sport. Plus he was a Lehigh University grad, like Roger Penske, so he always supported him.

I've been to Daytona ('02 Pepsi 400), Michigan (August race '03 '04,'16) Martinsville (Oct '03), Kentucky ('16), Pocono ('88-...) and Dover ('90-'10). I want to get back to Dover and Martinsville. I had the itch to return to Michigan and finally pulled the trigger last year. It was how I remembered, brutally hot and fast moving. Kentucky completely shocked me. The redesign produced awesome racing and the facility was really cool. Not overrun with corrupt nonsense/ luxury boxes and it sits in an area of rolling hills. I'll be back this year barring something unforeseen.

Darlington and the Southern 500 is my ultimate goal. The problem is I work in the golf industry and Labor Day weekend is always club championship time where I work which means nearly impossible to get off. One day it will happen. I live 3 hours from Watkins Glen but never been there yet I love the racing there! The fact it's almost always the week after Pocono now makes it tough. Although, we use to do back-2-back weeks with the June Pocono and Dover races. So long as NASCAR doesn't go belly up I'll get to Talladega, Bristol, Charlotte, NHIS and Richmond one day. The Brickyard 400 use to be a destination now you couldn't pay me to attend. I much rather play Brickyard Crossing Golf Course and attend the Indy 500.

What's weird is seeing the rise and fall of the sport. I can still perfectly remember what Pocono and Dover looked like 25-30 years ago despite being 6-8 years old. NASCAR has done a terrible job retaining the 30-40 year olds who grew up with the "golden" era of NASCAR imo.

What's weird is seeing the rise and fall of the sport. I can still perfectly remember what Pocono and Dover looked like 25-30 years ago despite being 6-8 years old. NASCAR has done a terrible job retaining the 30-40 year olds who grew up with the "golden" era of NASCAR imo.

I don't understand why so many people are not returning to the track, NASCAR is very cheap (IMO) compared to most other sports. It is a little saddening seeing the stands so empty at many tracks, though admittedly I don't feel real sorry for ISC & SMI.

We had both Martinsville races scheduled as always, but other things have come up preventing us from attending this spring. Not sure about this fall yet. Still retaining the seats to the best track on the schedule. Not going to give those up.

Already did the Rolex 24 at Daytona and will be at Chicagoland 400 at Chicagoland Speedway. Hoping to go to the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona in July as well as Indy Car at Elkhart Lake in June, Indy Car at Gateway in August and IMSA Weather Tech at Road America in August. My bucket list (in order of desire to go): 1. Southern 500 at Darlington 2. Either Martinsville race 3. Indy 500 4. Either Bristol race 5. Long Beach Grand Prix

Next year, I'm planning to go to the Southern 500.

Went to St. Pete, now I'm trying to decide if its going to be the Gator Nationals or 12-hours of Sebring.:(

Back
Top Bottom