What races are you planning to go to in 2019

Cholo

Team Owner
2018 was the first year since 2009 I didn't make any races. Not really by choice but was overseas then had family health issues preventing me from just peeling off for a weekend.

2019 is a new season and my schedule is looking great. I live in SE Georgia and have a list of tracks I'm going to try and go to.

Atlanta in February
Charlotte for All-Star race
Coke 400
Bristol night race in August

May change depending when I can get off work, Saturday races are always easier to go to. Never been to Atlanta, Charlotte, or Bristol so those are my top picks. Been to Darlington and Daytona but would go again.

As of now:

The Clash
*Possibly the 500*
Atlanta
Either Darlington or the Bristol night race
Coke Zero 400
Homestead - if Chase makes the final 4

Darlington is awesome, went in 2016 would go back in a heartbeat. They don't sell alcohol on Sunday there though so make sure you stock up the day prior.

Two penciled in for now and they happen to fall on back to back weeks: Coke Zero 400 @ Daytona in July and my home track of Chicagoland last week in June. Also if things break right I’d like to make my maiden voyage to Bristol in August for the Bristol Night Race. Because it’s Bristol Baby

Maybe Xfinity at Daytona
Atlanta
Martinsville
Eldora Trucks
Homestead Xfinity

any other race, dirt, asphalt, oval or strip that I might be close to when traveling next year.

I attended multiple Nascar races for over 25 years but it has to be close to 10 years since I have been to the track. I highly recommend people attending races as I think that is the quickest way to become a fan.

As of now I am not planning to see any races but things could change.

Sounds like we got a solid crew for the July race so far. I smell a RF meet-up!
I'm still looking into it. We're due to get back from our west coast road trip (Sonoma) on July 1st so we should be able to make it.

I'll be working as an usher at the 150s and the 500 possibly more dates, depends on what Volusia does this year. Then it's Myrtle Beach Modifieds, Martinsville Cup I & II, Myrtle Beach LMSC. Maybe Bowman Gray Stadium in the summer.

As of now I have no plans to attend anything larger than a mile, for obvious reasons. May hit one Dover race. Will miss Pocono's August race for the first time since '09.

Still up in the air. I'm hoping for the summer Daytona race, but my wife doesn't like the heat of Florida in July :idunno:

We might do the spring Martinsville race again. The trucks at Eldora and Xfinity at Mid Ohio are likely. We might try a Michigan or Kentucky race if the new rules package doesn't totally suck.

For sure Spring Dover and IndyCar at Pocono.

Would like to get to fall Dover, and a Cup Pocono race. Thinking of trying to get to Martinsville, Richmond, the Glen , or New Hampshire.

2018 was the first year since 2009 I didn't make any races. Not really by choice but was overseas then had family health issues preventing me from just peeling off for a weekend.

2019 is a new season and my schedule is looking great. I live in SE Georgia and have a list of tracks I'm going to try and go to.

Atlanta in February
Charlotte for All-Star race
Coke 400
Bristol night race in August

May change depending when I can get off work, Saturday races are always easier to go to. Never been to Atlanta, Charlotte, or Bristol so those are my top picks. Been to Darlington and Daytona but would go again.

You need to go to that Bristol night race for sure. Make it happen. Bristol is just an awesome atmosphere, my favorite so far, but really I have never been to track that wasn't great to attend. I always said I'll take a boring race at the track any day of the week over watching that boringness on TV. I mean Kentucky is always one of the biggest snoozers every year but we went this year and last, and we had a blast. Going to the track is fun.

I've only been to Kentucky. Atlanta, Bristol and Charlotte. I live about 150 miles from Dega but have never been there. For some reason I just think it's too big of a track to enjoy in person and is better for TV. I could be wrong. I know people who used to go there every year back in the 80's and 90's when the infield was a wild hooligan party :-D but those days are long gone and it's different now from what I am told.

Martinsville is next on my list. Been wanting to go there forever. I'm like you in that we prefer Saturday races because it meshes good with not having to miss any work. The spring Martinsville race (unfortunately on a Sunday) is one we would like to attend. For 2019 we wanted to see that one, the night Bristol race, and maybe one other track but the way my business has suffered this year we'll be lucky if we can attend only one race next year.

Both Dovers
Indy 500 (possibly)
Probably Watkins Glen
Georgetown Speedway (dirt track hour away from me)
Maybe something else

2018 was the first year in 5 races I didnt go to at least one race. Had tickets to darlington but started a new job the week before and had to be on call that weekend.

That being said, 2018 will most likely see me at the 600, southern 500, and most likely either Bristol, martinsville, or both. Potentially Richmond.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Roval for sure. I'm waiting on purchasing Coke 600 tix until I see the new rules package in action. I'd love to do either Bristol or Darlington, but I dont' think it's in the cards.

Same one as always, Homstead-Miami Championship Weekend.

We did the truck race this year, won Pit / Garage passes from Clint Bowyer and my son got his Dale Jr booked signed by Dale Jr.

At 2:15 of this video you will see where my son won passes from Boywer.

My son with truck Champion Brett Moffitt about 2 minutes before he got into the truck for the win.

Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

My son has a thing for Natalie Decker.

Dale Jr signing his book. He only signed his book if you bought it at his merch trailer which we did.

I was standing in front of Dale for 45 minutes waiting for my son's turn. Man, some people are rude. The drunks screaming stuff out him, he never looked up to acknowledge them.

If you go to 11:23 of the video posted above you'll see my son getting his book signed from Dale Jr.

Fontana and Sonoma. Can't freaking wait. Call me weird, but my anticipation for these events is the EXACT feeling I had as a little kid waiting for Christmas. Love this stuff.

I renewed my Roval tickets this week. So far, that's my only confirmed date. I'll probably work in the supporting race at Darlington. If Atlanta, Darlington, or the Coke 600 get pushed by weather, I'll do the rain-delay dates.

Not planning on attending any Cup races, again, next year. The only way I might is if I'm supporting a lower-tier team that is being shown as a support race on a Cup race day, but do not have any definite plans for that either.

100%
Both Pocono Cup - this will be my 31st year attending Pocono races

95%
Kentucky Cup - Almost certain this will be my 4th straight year. Night race and perfect mid-summer weekend gettaway is why attend...

75%
Spring Martsinville Cup - Last year I got snowed out. Want to attend this year if the weather for the weekend will cooperate....

50%
Dover Cup Spring or Fall - After attending every race from 1990-2010 I haven't been there since. I'm due but their dates are tough with my work schedule

Outside chances
Indy 500, August Michigan Cup (went in '03,'04,'16), August Bristol Cup, Fall Talladega

Kentucky Cup - Almost certain this will be my 4th straight year. Night race and perfect mid-summer weekend gettaway is why attend...

Thank you for mentioning this. I always forget that Kentucky is a Saturday night race. Looks like I can get decent tickets for $59 each, and we can get a hotel 12 miles away for $109/night. Sold! I'm buying the tix and booking it :cool:

Annual trip to speedweeks and Phoenix spring race. Gives us an excuse to escape winter, makes it go by faster.

IMSA at Mid Ohio
Company hooked me up with Indy 500 tickets
Michigan June
Potentially Kentucky
Michigan August
NASCAR at Eldora

I always say I’m gonna catch one of the Dega races but I’ve only gone twice, but I’ll probably head over there for the fall race if things work out

Thank you for mentioning this. I always forget that Kentucky is a Saturday night race. Looks like I can get decent tickets for $59 each, and we can get a hotel 12 miles away for $109/night. Sold! I'm buying the tix and booking it :cool:

I get the $59 dollar tickets as well!! Awesome value for a night Cup race! I always find a nice hotel for a reasonable price in the Cincinnati area.

Kentucky (will be my first night race).

Still planning our family vacation this year too. Wife wants a cruise for the second year in a row...my 3 boys and I want a 2 week racing trip where we hit Charlotte in the fall and the week following...Talledega maybe?

I get the $59 dollar tickets as well!! Awesome value for a night Cup race! I always find a nice hotel for a reasonable price in the Cincinnati area.

Ya, the 59 dollar tix are nice and then each kid ticket is only $10 with an adult purchase so I can take 5 of us for under 150. Probably gonna camp there.

cancelled plans for las vegas in spring race.
cant stand plate racing, wait and see if its real racing.

Going to Vegas with brothers in the Spring. Usually it is not a very exciting race, and not sure what to make of the plate racing yet, but always a good time with my brothers who dragged me (kicking and screaming) into being a fan. We got cold passes to support the 00 (Starcom/Cope/Cassill) team. Like to support the little guys. Seems like it was a bargain at $250 (instead of the $100 for the Neon garage pass only). We have not done the "pass" thing before but are excited. We are originally from Iowa and so like to support racers from that state (Cassill/Gase/Moffitt/Annett/others) when we can, even if they are not the top drivers. Sorry all, got tired of lurking and decided to speak up. You all are a lot of fun to follow.
I hope that your Christmas was peaceful and that your New Years will be the beginning of something beautiful.

Got tickets and pit passes to Atlanta for Christmas. Haven’t been to this track in almost 15 years, pretty excited to be going.

cancelled plans for las vegas in spring race.
cant stand plate racing, wait and see if its real racing.

I’ll be honest I can’t remember this big of a change in a sport between seasons. Perhaps the NHL when post lockout everything became interference.

I really don’t think it’ll be all out pack racing. Larson had a 173 mph lap before the All Star Race and Kyle Busch took the pole the following week for the 600 with a 192. I’d imagine 180-185 to be the speeds expected on tracks like Las Vegas and Charlotte

Back
Top Bottom