What races did you attend?

We attended The Daytona 500 for the first time, and it was awesome! We will also be at Homestead this Sunday. We've attended Homestead since the 2013 race (after moving to Florida).

Previous races over the years include MANY races at Charlotte, also Phoenix, Darlington, Rockingham and North Wilkesboro.

Reactions: Bob
Martinsville in the Spring, Trucks and Cup.

K&N Series at Langley, New Jersey and Dover.

NWMT at Langley.

The ValleyStar Credit Union 300 (night racing at Martinsville :wub:)

Lots of local short track races. :wub:

See, I think that is why I dont have near as much desire to attend races live. When Jeff was driving, I always went with hopes of seeing him win, which never happened. Now my driver is J Mac, who never wins. When he leaves, Bayne will be my driver so I will be in the same boat. Races are a lot more fun when you can watch your driver move through the field and know he has a chance to win. I like drivers for who they are and not how good they are and unfortunately that has consequences.

Off topic post, sorry about that.
Yeah it took me 21 years to see Gordon win in person. Finally saw it at Martinsville 2015.

So are you gonna root for chase next year or stick with the 24 and Byron?
Chase. I didn't even have to give it any thought. I rooted for Chase for a few years leading up to the 24, just kinda lucked out that he ended up being the guy.

In fact, the whole bringing back the yellow 24 and basically giving Byron a Jeff Gordon car makes me want to further myself from it. I was there for the Hendrick reveal in Charlotte and that really rubbed me wrong. It was something I feared and even discussed with a buddy of mine leading up to it. I didn't think Rick would do that to the old Gordon fans.

Spring Richmond and both Dover races. The hurricane path normally cooperates and you get uncrowded beaches and 70-80 degree weather for the Fall Dover race. It is by far my favorite Nascar race to attend.

Daytona and Dega are bucket listers. Glad there are so many people who responded in this thread.

...When qualifying changed I either stayed at the tailgate or cruised the merchandise trailers.
LOL. That is hard core resistance to evolution right there. Actually it is rather illuminating. It adds perspective to other comments about things that change and evolve, IMO.

Both Dovers (Whole weekends)
Coke 600
World of Outlaws during 600 weekend
Pocono July race
Georgetown Speedway once (local dirt track)

Supercross, short course trophy trucks, Fontucky weekend, US GP weekend.

Not a bad year, for sure.

Yeah it took me 21 years to see Gordon win in person. Finally saw it at Martinsville 2015.

He won the first race I ever went to. Autoclub 1999. Dominated the whole weekend. It was phucking awesome.

He won the first race I ever went to. Autoclub 1999. Dominated the whole weekend. It was phucking awesome.
I saw him win at Dover 2001, Pocono 2012 (The lightning race), and Dover 2014. But I've never seen Jimmie Johnson win, even going to Dover 4 times.

Every race I've attended so far has been won by either the #20 JGR xfinity car or MTJ's #78. I'm the TRD good luck charm.

I saw Larson win. Not a ton of people can say that yet. It was a good day.

I saw Larson win. Not a ton of people can say that yet. It was a good day.
Last 3 times I've been to a race I've seen him run 2nd to Kenseth at Dover (lost my voice that day), run out of fuel on the last lap at the 500, and break at Pocono. Saw him win on dirt at Grandview Speedway on July 4 though

Spring Martinsville and Bristol Night Races
World 100
Short Track Nationals@Bristol
USAC sprints at Tri State Speedway in Haubstaudt, IN
20 or so Dirt Late Model shows

Menards Arca 200 at Toledo Speedway

WoO Brad Doty Classic
WoO Kings Royal
Michigan I
Eldora Dirt Derby
Honda 200 at Mid Ohio
Michigan II

Rolex 24, GP St. Pete, maybe the Snowball Derby.

Would like to have gone to Homestead or Atlanta but no one I know cares enough about NASCAR to travel that far for a race anymore. So I'll have to figure something out eventually.

I used to have a blast at that race and camped in the infield.

When I first started to attend MIS races in 2002 it was a crazy atmosphere. The JG hatred was at a fevered pitch and the crowd was massive. It took us several hours just to leave the parking lot.

See, I think that is why I dont have near as much desire to attend races live. When Jeff was driving, I always went with hopes of seeing him win, which never happened. Now my driver is J Mac, who never wins. When he leaves, Bayne will be my driver so I will be in the same boat. Races are a lot more fun when you can watch your driver move through the field and know he has a chance to win. I like drivers for who they are and not how good they are and unfortunately that has consequences.

Off topic post, sorry about that.

I went to races all over the country to try and see JG win. It finally happened at MIS in August 2014 (my profile pic).

I went to races all over the country to try and see JG win. It finally happened at MIS in August 2014 (my profile pic).

He won at Kansas in 2014 and I really regretted not going to that race. Can't assume your driver is going to win every race, but that track is only 2 1/2 hours away, so I should have went regardless.

Had a pretty decent race year. Saw my first race in Mexico which was really fun. Will probably do 1 more weekend (St Louis Indoor dirt late model race).
My List for this year:

NASCAR K&N Pro Series 7 (New Smyrna, Tucson, Kern, Irwindale, Greenville, South Boston, Colorado)

All Stars 410 Sprints 5 (Attica x2, 34 Raceway, Mansfield x2)

NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour 5 (Riverhead x2, Oswego, Charlotte, Thompson)

Global Rallycross 4 (Memphis, Louisville, Ottawa x2)

World of Outlaws Late Models 3 (Screven x2, Cherokee)

ARCA 2 (Salem, Chicagoland)

CRA super late models 2 (Watermelon Capital, Toledo)

ISMA Supermodifieds 2 (Oswego, Thompson)

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series 2 (Sharon, Tazewell)

NASCAR Canada 2 (Delaware, Jukasa)

PASS super late models 2 (Dillon, Hickory)

World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2 (Lakeside, Salina)

ACT late models 1 (Thompson)

Auto Value Super Sprint 410 sprint cars 1 (Kalamazoo)

IRA 410 Sprint cars 1 (Joliet)

Must See Racing 410 Sprints 1 (Hickory)

NASCAR Cup Series 1 (Phoenix)

NASCAR Mexico Series 1 (Puebla)

NASCAR Xfinity Series 1 (Charlotte)

SRL super late models 1 (Irwindale)

Super DIRTcar Series 1 (Lebanon Valley)

USAC National Midgets 1 (Lincoln Park)

I got in about 80% what I wanted to do this year which isn't too bad.

24 Hr Daytona IMSA
Chumpcar race
Atl. Xfinity/Truck double header
Flat Track Motorcycle Race Dixie Spdwy
Late Model Dirt Championship Dixie Spdwy
Walter Mitty Road Atl.
Talladega 1
Petit Le Mans IMSA
24 hr of Lemons (Dec.)

Had a pretty decent race year. Saw my first race in Mexico which was really fun. Will probably do 1 more weekend (St Louis Indoor dirt late model race).
My List for this year:

NASCAR K&N Pro Series 7 (New Smyrna, Tucson, Kern, Irwindale, Greenville, South Boston, Colorado)

All Stars 410 Sprints 5 (Attica x2, 34 Raceway, Mansfield x2)

NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour 5 (Riverhead x2, Oswego, Charlotte, Thompson)

Global Rallycross 4 (Memphis, Louisville, Ottawa x2)

World of Outlaws Late Models 3 (Screven x2, Cherokee)

ARCA 2 (Salem, Chicagoland)

CRA super late models 2 (Watermelon Capital, Toledo)

ISMA Supermodifieds 2 (Oswego, Thompson)

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series 2 (Sharon, Tazewell)

NASCAR Canada 2 (Delaware, Jukasa)

PASS super late models 2 (Dillon, Hickory)

World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2 (Lakeside, Salina)

ACT late models 1 (Thompson)

Auto Value Super Sprint 410 sprint cars 1 (Kalamazoo)

IRA 410 Sprint cars 1 (Joliet)

Must See Racing 410 Sprints 1 (Hickory)

NASCAR Cup Series 1 (Phoenix)

NASCAR Mexico Series 1 (Puebla)

NASCAR Xfinity Series 1 (Charlotte)

SRL super late models 1 (Irwindale)

Super DIRTcar Series 1 (Lebanon Valley)

USAC National Midgets 1 (Lincoln Park)
Now that's dedication. Lebanon Valley is in my neck of the woods. Big fan of the DIRTCar modifieds.

Now that's dedication. Lebanon Valley is in my neck of the woods. Big fan of the DIRTCar modifieds.

Super Dirtcar series is one of my favorites. I usually make a few per year, i did super dirt week the last few years as well, but it only worked out the one time this year. They should be more nationally recognized, just as good, if not better than the World of Outlaws sprints and late models.

Went to one super mod race, but a disappointment.
You can't go home again.

Rolex 24, GP St. Pete, maybe the Snowball Derby.

Would like to have gone to Homestead or Atlanta but no one I know cares enough about NASCAR to travel that far for a race anymore. So I'll have to figure something out eventually.
:waver:

I know, I only cyber know you lol. I'm in Tampa though, just tossing it out there!

Back
Top Bottom