What's your unpopular NASCAR opinion?

I've got a few of these.

Martinsville is one of the worst tracks on the schedule.

Should only be 36 car fields

NASCAR should limit Cup drivers in lower series.

Good thread. Allows us to air our grievances without those coming in here to call us death bedders but I am sure we will be called death bedders regardless. So here goes.... It's a 3 way tie.
1.) I hate the Chase, Playoffs, Playoff points, stages and wish the Winston Cup Points system would come back.
2.) I hate this aero/rules package and fear the way Cup is headed toward spec racing with teams probably no longer making chassis in house or engines in house. I dont want to watch IROC racing every week.
3.) North Wilkesboro should be on the Cup schedule instead of a race at Kansas, Texas, or Dover.

I enjoy that MIS/TV Networks/NASCAR agreed to schedule the green flag for the Michigan races around 345-ish the last few years. I enjoy when the sun is setting and it’s almost dark when I get to my vehicle to start my 2.5 hour drive back home. It tickles me when it’s around 11 or 11:30pm at night(if I make good time) when I get back.

So much better than those 1:45 or even 2pm starts 80 or 90 years ago. I hated driving in the sunlight. Had to wear my shades when driving.

I loved when the new TV Network contracts moved a lot of races to FS1 and NBCS causing many to not be able to watch anymore. It would make more sense to move all events to those channels. Or possibly find another one even less people have... go with that channel/network

This is fun

Good thread. Allows us to air our grievances without those coming in here to call us death bedders but I am sure we will be called death bedders regardless. So here goes.... It's a 3 way tie.
1.) I hate the Chase, Playoffs, Playoff points, stages and wish the Winston Cup Points system would come back.
2.) I hate this aero/rules package and fear the way Cup is headed toward spec racing with teams probably no longer making chassis in house or engines in house. I dont want to watch IROC racing every week.
3.) North Wilkesboro should be on the Cup schedule instead of a race at Kansas, Texas, or Dover.
When do you get to the unpopular stuff? :blink:

I don't think those opinions are all that unpopular.

If it weren't for the chase (imo it's a sin to call it the "playoffs") the last 10 races of the season would likely be boring as ****.

We bitch about the chase but in all reality look at the entertainment it provides. I'm all for going back to the original 2004 format but I think if wed have left it alone as it was 2003 and prior wed be screaming for change.

Yes I'm one of the 24 year old fans who can remember back that far!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think that the

Oh man the strategy races I can't agree with more

I badly miss races that came down to strategy. I just think this sport has become too similar to what iRacing would be. Drivers just getting in a prepared car, running wide open all the way around the track, and cruising.

Stage racing has ruined it for me.

And these races in the playoffs, minus the Roval, have been terribly boring.

I badly miss races that came down to strategy. I just think this sport has become too similar to what iRacing would be. Drivers just getting in a prepared car, running wide open all the way around the track, and cruising.

Stage racing has ruined it for me.

And these races in the playoffs, minus the Roval, have been terribly boring.

Oh exactly when you could pay attention to lap times and different strategies and tire fall-off and so many other variables the racing was so much better but the predictability is pathetic.

Unpopular Opinion:

Restrictor Plate racing is a valid form of racing that takes a unique skill set. There's a reason why the same guys manage to run well and win at Dega and Daytona. While there's an element of luck there, it still takes skill to put yourself in position to win.

Last edited:
Unpopular Opinion:

Restrictor Plate racing is a valid form of racing that takes a unique skill set. There's a reason why the same guys manage to run well and win at Dega and Daytona. While there's an element of luck there, it still takes skill to put yourself in position to win.
While I hate plate racing for its gimmicky manufactured racing, I agree. It's a whole different skill set. Just like road course racing is different from an oval.

Back
Top Bottom