When will Chase Elliott win?

He may not, his dad never won from 1995-2002

I wonder how many wins Bill Elliott would've gotten in the mid and late 90s if he didn't race for his own team.

2001-2003, well past his prime, and the man rattled off four wins including Indianapolis, and was a half a lap away from winning a fifth at Homestead in 2003.

I really wish I had been alive to see "Awesome Bill" during the 80s when he was in his prime.

I don't have any idea when Elliott will get his first win as no one here does, but if Byron or Bowman get theirs first I hope we don't see a meltdown in this thread.:)

Or Erik Jones.

As early as this Sunday, as late as never, and everything in between. What I don’t like seeing are guys like Dillon and stenhouse now racking up two wins, yet everytime Elliott has a good pitch, he whiffs. Martinsville is a good example of him, self sabotaging a race winning car.

WTF? :confused:

Getting taken clean out intentionally by someone else is self-sabotage??????

I'll predict that the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte will be his first win. The Chevy teams might have the Camaro figured out by then, and the Coke 600 is notorious for producing first-time winners.

oh yeah Blaney is going all the way
p-caddyshack-bill-murray.jpg

Tough crowd.

Nope I just call it like I see it. I haven't seen Hendrick on the same level as Penske and Gibbs since 2015.

Jimmie's title in 2016 was great, but even then I'd have to give him and Knaus more credit.

Don't know when Chase will win, but you can be assured that it will be the greatest day in NASCAR history.
I fully expect a receiving line similar to DE's D500 win but only after doing a Polish Victory Lap high 5'ing everyone in attendance while carrying the American Flag with the resurrected Whitney Houston performing the National Anthem along with bells ringing across the nation.

I fully expect a receiving line similar to DE's D500 win but only after doing a Polish Victory Lap high 5'ing everyone in attendance while carrying the American Flag with the resurrected Whitney Houston performing the National Anthem along with bells ringing across the nation.
Lol. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to at the very least be twice as big a deal as everyone made Blaney's win out to be :idunno:

I know I for one have a boat load of pent-up celebrating to do!

Lol. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to at the very least be twice as big a deal as everyone made Blaney's win out to be :idunno:

I know I for one have a boat load of pent-up celebrating to do!
Yeah, I may have exaggerated just a bit or been slightly off in my remarks. Obviously, bells ringing across the nation was a mistake. I meant to say sirens.

Don't know when Chase will win, but you can be assured that it will be the greatest day in NASCAR history.
If you're the CEO of Lionel Racing it will be... Their order server may melt down with all the race win diecast preorders. ;)

I expect young Master Elliott to finish 2nd at Las Vegas.

Right behind Blaney.

True, but "Hendrick level" hasn't really been up to par the last couple years.
Exactly "Hendrick level" is not what it used to be
As early as this Sunday, as late as never, and everything in between. What I don’t like seeing are guys like Dillon and stenhouse now racking up two wins, yet everytime Elliott has a good pitch, he whiffs. Martinsville is a good example of him, self sabotaging a race winning car.
Yes, he is psyching himself out at this point; over thinking every little thing

I'd say 2014 is probably the last year HMS was the top team in the sport. And even that year they managed to not get a single driver into the championship four, but I think that had to do more with the lottery-esque 2014-2016 chase format than anything.

What was he over thinking when he got his rear tires lifted off the ground and dumped at Martinisville?
You're right I didn't mean he does that every time :) but I do think there's been other times when he got in his own way of maybe pulling it off

You're right I didn't mean he does that every time :) but I do think there's been other times when he got in his own way of maybe pulling it off
Dover playoff race last year... Still hurts.

Yes, he is psyching himself out at this point; over thinking every little thing
Sorry I think that's hard to prove, maybe he's in his head, maybe he isnt. It does seem from interviews he puts a ton of pressure on himself but I doubt hes thinking when hes in the lead "Man how am I going to lose this one?" I subscribe to the theory that luck and circumstance hasnt gone his way when hes been leading at the end.

I don't think that'll happen. He survived Atlanta in a new Camaro that bit all of the others in the ass. He and Kyle Larson were the first two Chevy's at 9th and 10th with AD 14th and the rest of the Chevy's 18th on down. They're having a helluva time getting a handle on the new car and new ride height rules together. I think when the CCs get it figured out he'll catch fire and win a few this year.

HMS Atlanta results
Chase Elliott- 10th on the lead lap.
William Byron- 18th two laps down
Alex bowman- 20th three laps down
Jimmie Johnson- 27th four laps down
Now that is consistent. 1 car racing the leaders in each stage of laps. :sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom