Where did Sim Racing begin for you guys?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by SpeedPagan, Feb 11, 2015.

1. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

[​IMG]

This was my first sim racing game. It was pretty damn awesome! I probably spent more time in the paint shop than I did on the track, but it was a solid piece of simulation for it's time...which was 1994 I think.

Kiante and LouieLouie like this.
  2. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Simwise I think I played NASCAR Racing 2.

SpeedPagan likes this.
  3. Zeck

Zeck Team Owner

My first NASCAR sim was NASCAR 07, it was kinda a blind purchase but it's what got me liking NASCAR, so... good purchase, lol.

4. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

image.jpg My first NASCAR game and the first Playstation game I ever "purchased".

I really wish I would have played PC. I didn't really know what I was missing out on(NR2003) until like 2010.

5. *WEAVER*

*WEAVER* Team Owner

There was a Mario Andretti racing game on the PC way back that was probably my first pc racing game. Then probably Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge, that was a pretty fun game. Then the Papyrus games. I really got into the IndyCar game they made as well, that was an awesome game. They just made killer games, I can remember when they was close to releasing a new title like NASCAR Racing 3, or 4 I've never been more pumped up for a game release then I did the papyrus titles.

Bowtie3 likes this.
  6. PushRodV8

PushRodV8 Professional American

Forza 3 was the first racing game I played. That got me into auto racing somewhat but I was already a major motocross fan. I didn't find iRacing until 2013 and finally got a wheel and setup in summer of 2014. Been hooked and spending money on it ever since.

I would like to try out some of these old sims.

7. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr Fanatic

My first was NR2003. Still playing it to this day.

8. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

You should try iRacing.com, it's made by most of the same people who worked on NR2003. It has a great community and it's an awesome sim that is always being updated and worked on.

9. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr Fanatic

I'm going to try iRacing out. I've seen videos of it but I never thought about trying it.

Thanks.B):rainfro:

SpeedPagan likes this.
  10. bill94el

bill94el Tire changer

I started right where you did with NASCAR Racing. After playing at a friend's I saved my money and bought my first computer just so I could play this game. I can remember bragging about how realistic it was :huh:. Well in all honesty it was for its time, but others could only see "cartoons". Still play NR2003 today.

SpeedPagan and LouieLouie like this.
  11. LouieLouie

LouieLouie Team Owner

Holy old thread batman!
    I started on Nascar Racing too and I remember that they had a free playable demo. You got Martinsville and could race a 20% race I think. Everything else was blocked. I played that demo a ton until I could afford a computer and the real game. It was awesome!

bill94el likes this.
  12. bill94el

bill94el Tire changer

Doh, I just read "Feb 21"...I didn't even notice the 2015 that followed.

LouieLouie likes this.
  13. Bowtie3

Bowtie3 Team Owner

I started out on Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge. I remember, I couldn't do anything on the pc version except the road courses. The NES version was easier.

14. Eau Rouge

Eau Rouge Spectator

Stunt Driver, 1990.

[​IMG]

SpeedPagan likes this.
  15. BuckeyeMotorsports

BuckeyeMotorsports Spectator

[​IMG]

I've been a Papyrus junkie ever since.

Still running a 21 year old offline papy-based sim series LOL

LouieLouie likes this.