Where will Mat land for 2018?

Yeah mine above the Pic was a direct quote also from four months ago. At any rate it leads me to believe Gibbs is either a bold face lair or he doesn't have any control over who he hires.

Yeah, I don't know why he said that ... probably wanting to put a happy face on things at JGR. He surely knew at that point in time what Matt's future looked like .. just didn't want to give the press anything to start speculating with. It's business, but yeah ... he's as shady as any of them when it comes to the truth.

yeah they should be playing this song when they do the introductions :p
they smile in your face, all the time they want to take your place..the backstabbers

Reactions: sdj
Sports managers say similar things in all sports. Hell, sports players say the same things. Everyone in the business knows (and fans should know too) that it's window dressing, nothing more. The only relationship you should bank on in this sport is Hendrick - Johnson - Knaus.

I notice nobody called Carl Edwards a back-stabber, and he left with a year on his contract. o_O

If I was a coach of a team and got the dreaded affirmation from ownership I would call my real estate agent and get my house listed as I'm a goner.

Yeah, I don't know why he said that ... probably wanting to put a happy face on things at JGR. He surely knew at that point in time what Matt's future looked like .. just didn't want to give the press anything to start speculating with. It's business, but yeah ... he's as shady as any of them when it comes to the truth.
I've never seen an owner in all my years do that to a driver, sure there has been plenty of contracts not renewed, but never have I seen and heard an owner telling the world their undying love knowing at the time he is gone.

When asked a question all a person can do is give an answer based upon the best information available at that time. Any honest person will acknowledge that they have said things with the full intention of honoring what was said only to have a situation change to the point where they can no longer do so.

On one hand people demand that celebrities and athletes be real but as soon as they say something some yahoo disagrees with it turns into a ****storm. Who needs it eh?

Wally D was the first driver I pulled for when I started paying attention to NASCAR. I was familiar with the family name, and he was being sponsored by a computer equipment manufacturer I used at home and at work (Hayes modems).

I SOO remember that car!

Sharp business people see events from a business perspective and don't hold grudges or take things personally like individuals or fans do. If business was not conducted this way it would no longer be business and would become a soap opera. If you are in business you are in it to make a profit so the people you have to dance with in order to make that happen is not that important.

People make up businesses. and People hold grudges, axes to grind etc. I know in my line of work, I have seen people leave a business to go to another one if they feel personally wronged even if it costs them $

If I was a coach of a team and got the dreaded affirmation from ownership I would call my real estate agent and get my house listed as I'm a goner.

Matt put his house in NC up for sale last year .. not sure he got it sold or not. He also closed up his museum in Cambridge, Wi. a month or so ago.

People make up businesses. and People hold grudges, axes to grind etc. I know in my line of work, I have seen people leave a business to go to another one if they feel personally wronged even if it costs them $

I apologize for not being clear as I wasn't talking about employees of businesses but the principals of the business. If I had run my businesses by those I liked or those who had pissed me off I would have never built anything or lasted. I never forgot if a vendor or customer ever wronged me but I also never burned bridges as the person you are at odds with today could end up being an important part of your future business.

I apologize for not being clear as I wasn't talking about employees of businesses but the principals of the business. If I had run my businesses by those I liked or those who had pissed me off I would have never built anything or lasted. I never forgot if a vendor or customer ever wronged me but I also never burned bridges as the person you are at odds with today could end up being an important part of your future business.

Not everyone in business can be like that. People are people, and sometimes feelings get in the way of $$$$ Good on you, you can.

Harvick put one of his up for sale recently
Not everyone in business can be like that. People are people, and sometimes feelings get in the way of $$$$ Good on you, you can.

some put words in others peoples mouths, and their tongues need to be notarized. they think they can say anything but what is written on a contract. Everybody lies to a certain extent, some go to prison for it. Some are really chicken ****e about it. Gibbs has always been somebody I didn't believe much that came out of his mouth. This latest tops it.

I agree as it would be unfair of me to say that every business owner is the same and I have known business owners that have allowed emotions to come into play that are still in business. I just think it is much easier when you can separate personal feelings from the business at hand as a dispassionate look allows you to see the issue in a calculating way.

Harvick put one of his up for sale recently

some put words in others peoples mouths, and their tongues need to be notarized. they think they can say anything but what is written on a contract. Everybody lies to a certain extent, some go to prison for it. Some are really chicken ****e about it. Gibbs has always been somebody I didn't believe much that came out of his mouth. This latest tops it.

I have notarized many documents over my lifetime but I have not been asked to notarize anyone's tongue. I would probably charge Gene Simmons if I had to notarize that beefsteak.

I agree as it would be unfair of me to say that every business owner is the same and I have known business owners that have allowed emotions to come into play that are still in business. I just think it is much easier when you can separate personal feelings from the business at hand as a dispassionate look allows you to see the issue in a calculating way.
Easier, yes....does it happen.....not always.

On nascar last night the talk was he's still got gas in the tank and he wants to race. But not in a 30th place car.
He wants/needs a good ride.
I think it'll be the 77.

Back
Top Bottom