Which track for July 4th?

• Daytona oval

• Daytona road course

• Road America

• Other (post in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RacerrecaR

*Screams in DW*
There seems to be a 50/50 split on whether or not this race should remain at Road America. A lot of traditionalists are in the Daytona camp but I think RA is the perfect place for this holiday weekend (and they've been confirmed for 2022). What is more American than tailgating/camping with brats, hot dogs, beer, and deep fried cheese curds? Plus RA won't have to worry about pop-up showers that delay or postpone a race....and the race won't be a lottery like at Daytona.

Reactions: Pat
I would've said Daytona oval until the day I died, but I really really liked the road course the last couple years and it takes the lottery aspect out of it.

Reactions: Pat
I prefer Daytona because I went to the last 3 years of it on July 4th, planned a vacay around it. Nothing beats being on the beach this time of year imo. And most important...racing on the 4th during this time in Daytona was tradition, hate losing that

I know it's been tradition but I really wouldn't care if they cut both plate tracks back to once a year. They're exciting and I'll always watch them but frankly they scare me anymore and I feel like I'm watching gladiators in the Coliseum.

I know it's been tradition but I really wouldn't care if they cut both plate tracks back to once a year. They're exciting and I'll always watch them but frankly they scare me anymore and I feel like I'm watching gladiators in the Coliseum.
you must not be watching football. I believe with the trumpets music theme blowing and places where they play called Coliseums and with team names like Trojans and Spartans it's impossible to miss the inference. They drag off more seriously injured players on a given weekend than drivers who are seriously injured in a whole racing season.

Blah, blah, blah, tradition, blah.

Race would have gotten rained out more than likely, first time in weeks it did not rain all day in Florida. I'm glad it was at Road America, the race got in a timely fashion.

I could care less about tradition here and Daytona is my home track. The weather in July-August can be hit or miss in the area, so I have no issue with any of it.

Blah, blah, blah, tradition, blah.

Race would have gotten rained out more than likely, first time in weeks it did not rain all day in Florida. I'm glad it was at Road America, the race got in a timely fashion.

I could care less about tradition here and Daytona is my home track. The weather in July-August can be hit or miss in the area, so I have no issue with any of it.
There is something special about traditions, frankly it’s the only thing that’s left in this ever changing sport. Some change is good, some detrimental. I don’t hate the Road America race on this day, if it’s kept on July 4th weekend for the immediate future that’s be great. A slight part of me will miss Daytona on this weekend, I prefer that Sunday afternoon 10am central start. Hell for weather problems make it Saturday at that time instead

Any of the following would work for me, Hickory, North Wilksboro, Nashville Fairgrounds or Martinsville.

Having been to both I would pick Road America, it I've fallen in love with this place over the last 4 days camping. I've been to Daytona twice but both times without much time before the race to look around. But this felt different then other races, maybe because I was camping. I really would recommend to anyone to come here its a 10/10 I've been to races at 25 different tracks and nothing so far compares.

July 4th is for Daytona and should be ran halfway through the season although I really enjoyed RA

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Screw tradition. It's one of the dumbest reasons to continue doing something.

But for me, this isn't about Independence Day. Until NASCAR changes the rules so cars can compete without running in pack, I wouldn't care if they never ran the Daytona oval again (or Tallagega). Road courses trump plate / pack races regardless of the place on the schedule or day of the year.

But y'all knew that was coming.

you must not be watching football. I believe with the trumpets music theme blowing and places where they play called Coliseums and with team names like Trojans and Spartans it's impossible to miss the inference. They drag off more seriously injured players on a given weekend than drivers who are seriously injured in a whole racing season.
I don't think it is the high speed danger to the drivers as much as the colossal wrecks early on that take out half the field and leave another handful limping around hoping to improve their finish.

Having been to both I would pick Road America, it I've fallen in love with this place over the last 4 days camping. I've been to Daytona twice but both times without much time before the race to look around. But this felt different then other races, maybe because I was camping. I really would recommend to anyone to come here its a 10/10 I've been to races at 25 different tracks and nothing so far compares.

Same reason MIS is so awesome. The racing is average but damn the Camping around it is top notch. Spend time out on the lakes and then head to the track before coming back for more lake stuff

I don't think it is the high speed danger to the drivers as much as the colossal wrecks early on that take out half the field and leave another handful limping around hoping to improve their finish.
I think some can't handle/don't like the chaotic nature of plate racing. But judging by the popularity, I don't think super speedways are going anywhere.

I do watch football, college anyway, but I don't see 1/3 to 1/2 of the players in a game wiped out in one collision or 3400 lb. steel monsters hurtling 20 ft. in the air at 180 mph, which I still fear could end up in the stands someday and end racing altogether. Ryan's wreck frightened me, I was sure I'd seen a fatality that day.

Even though Daytona under the lights always felt special to me, even the fireworks after the race, plus it is sentimental to me as it was the first race I ever attended

At the same time, rain was a problem (even as a lifelong Florida resident), I guess I could go either way..

Daytona's new date won't last long either if I'm honest, NASCAR's playing with fire with the date, considering it is located smack dab in the middle of the peak of Hurricane Season

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 87
Road America on the 4th, and Daytona oval the following Saturday night. They can still do the fireworks and all that, just call it Independence Week

Back
Top Bottom