Who are the first four out?

Truex is on a tear and he's good everywhere. He will not ge denied he drove around Kyle after that unfortunate spinout like it was nothing. I think he notches another championship.

Ran well and failed inspection therefore eliminating him from contention? Yeahhhh I dont think that's what he needs in Charlotte :p

Yeah better not do THAT part again lol. I'm not gnashing my teeth over this one. He's a good talent and it sucks for him but he ain't my driver.

Tall order for Erik to go out and win the Roval. Tough break failing inspection after a 4th place run.

Looks bunched all the way from Newman to Kurt. Prepare yourself for screaming gerbil playoff action.

Looks like Pat and Johali had three right at first glance :punkrocke

Eliminated drivers
• Aric Almirola, No. 10 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford
• Ryan Newman, No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford
• Kurt Busch, No. 1 Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet
• Erik Jones, No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota

I'll take credit for picking Byron to advance, but I underestimated Bowman. Knowing now how crappy he felt physically, he REALLY showed me something the last 20 laps. I thought he would be lucky to maintain the position he had, but he went up and passed good cars. It's going to be a tall order for him to advance further, but I wouldn't bet against him either. With Byron qualifying so well and picking up stage points, I'm not ruling him out either. Probably a year away, but the good finishes are staring to get closer together.

I didn't get a single one. Byron must read this forum and I made him mad. Same thing for Bowman. Bowyer is stepping up his game. I don't even know what Blaney did at the Roval yesterday it's like he flew under the radar and did what he needed to but not really flashy.

I'm going to pick these same 4 drivers to NOT make the cut again.

I didn't get a single one. Byron must read this forum and I made him mad. Same thing for Bowman. Bowyer is stepping up his game. I don't even know what Blaney did at the Roval yesterday it's like he flew under the radar and did what he needed to but not really flashy.

I'm going to pick these same 4 drivers to NOT make the cut again.

I would say you had a lot of company picking the 88 and the 24. :D

I would say you had a lot of company picking the 88 and the 24. :D

Well if either one of them makes it to Homestead and actually wins it all, they can thank me later. Or all of us. I will continue picking them to lose until they all get eliminated. :D

Is Kurt Busch still "leading Ganassi?"
Average finish in the last 10 races
Kurt Busch: 20.1
Kyle Larson: 11.7

Kurt went ice cold post Kentucky win, with the exception of Darlington where he led 94 laps and Bristol, Glen Top 10's. Too many big number finishes.

Whole season numbers are very very close on most measurements:

Kurt: 1 win 5 top 5s 14 top 10s 23 top 20s 13.24 avg finish 12.4 avg start 0 poles 188 laps led 88.4 avg driver rating
Lars: 0 win 6 top 5s 14 top 10s 22 top 20s 14.59 avg finish 14.1 avg start 1 poles 309 laps led 88.8 avg driver rating

Larson is a very dangerous playoff contender at this point, he has heated up at the perfect time, and will now have all Ganassi help focused towards him.

If Larson can make it to Homestead I like his chances, if he has a good enough ride. He's good at Homestead but his aggressive racing up on the wall there has to be mistake free or he will lose. That's some big "if's" and he's still going to be up against the best in the business. I don't think he can do it. Not this year.

If Larson can make it to Homestead I like his chances, if he has a good enough ride. He's good at Homestead but his aggressive racing up on the wall there has to be mistake free or he will lose. That's some big "if's" and he's still going to be up against the best in the business. I don't think he can do it. Not this year.

Round of 8 is a concern Martinsville and Phoenix... Not exactly his strongest

Yep caught part of him talking about Martinsville today on xm being a place he has worked hard at but as always seems to end up being worse for it. Not sure why Phoenix is such a bad track for him. I know it's a unique track but still. 18, 19 and the obviously the 4 are going to be the guys to beat there at Phoenix. You could say that about about every track left now aside from Talladega. Hell you could actually say that about every track lol.

I wouldn't bet against the 2 or 22 at this point either. I know they havent been so hot lately but of the rest of the field outside of the 4, 18 and 19 I like the 2 and 22.

Back
Top Bottom