Who do you think will take over the No. 4 in 2024?

Head to head in a racecar Danica beats Hailie.
Maybe Danica should focus on her social media persona. šŸ«¢
Likes and followers donā€™t make you faster.
Hailie is still young. She has talent, i just donā€™t know how much.

She could be a top 15 contender in Xfinity if she puts the work in.

Hailie is still young. She has talent, i just donā€™t know how much.

She could be a top 15 contender in Xfinity if she puts the work in.
From what I see she will never be a contender for a Xfin or Cup win.
I would like to see a solid female threat in this sport. It would be a positive in every aspect. I just donā€™t think Hailie is that driver.

From what I see she will never be a contender for a Xfin or Cup win.
I would like to see a solid female threat in this sport. It would be a positive in every aspect. I just donā€™t think Hailie is that driver.
Xfinity is different than Trucks.

The disparity between the haves and have-nots is much greater. Deegan wouldnā€™t be riding around in 26th place if she has a top-10 car. At worst, sheā€™d be around 13th-17th like Vegas last fall.

Wake me up when Ms. Deegan leads 5 consecutive laps in a Truck race.

Xfinity is different than Trucks.

The disparity between the haves and have-nots is much greater. Deegan wouldnā€™t be riding around in 26th place if she has a top-10 car. At worst, sheā€™d be around 13th-17th like Vegas last fall.
I donā€™t believe Deegan could win a plate race in a DEI car.
Doesnā€™t matter what you put her she isnā€™t going to see VL.

A bit outside of the box, but I would love if Tony and Gene got Erik Jones. I think him and Rodney would be lethal together. SHR is going to have to get this one right, theyā€™re losing their franchise driver, their number one guy. Briscoe has shown signs of carrying the franchise, but if a younger driver that has proven he can get it done, can be had....you gotta go get him. Briscoe and Jones would be a great anchor for SHR
I would NOT mind seeing it. Heā€™s another Gibbs cast off like Logano that would do his best to prove them wrong. Heā€™ll be good with Legacy though too.
I stand by my previous post on this matter, to tie back to @Ford 222 ā€˜s post I donā€™t know how long Erik is signed with Legacy, but weā€™ve seen contracts be broken with a most recent example of that last fall. If Iā€™m SHR, Jones is my first call. Do we know if Aric is coming back long term or just for this year. If so, theyā€™re gonna have two seats to fill. Put Zane in the 10 then if thatā€™s the case. With my out there totally speculative post, SHR would have Jones in the 4 as your 1A driver, Brisco in the 14 as 1B, Preece as the veteran who might be able to win (I think heā€™s gonna win a race this year btw) and Smith in the 10 as your hotshot young gun. If you ask me thatā€™s a pretty stacked lineup who can race with anyone that can carry you into the future

I stand by my previous post on this matter, to tie back to @Ford 222 ā€˜s post I donā€™t know how long Erik is signed with Legacy, but weā€™ve seen contracts be broken with a most recent example of that last fall. If Iā€™m SHR, Jones is my first call. Do we know if Aric is coming back long term or just for this year. If so, theyā€™re gonna have two seats to fill. Put Zane in the 10 then if thatā€™s the case. With my out there totally speculative post, SHR would have Jones in the 4 as your 1A driver, Brisco in the 14 as 1B, Preece as the veteran who might be able to win (I think heā€™s gonna win a race this year btw) and Smith in the 10 as your hotshot young gun. If you ask me thatā€™s a pretty stacked lineup who can race with anyone that can carry you into the future

But would Jones want to leave Legacy for SHR? Legacy trend is currently upwards while SHR is headed down. In a year or two I'd put my money on legacy being the better team. What has SHR done lately that makes them worth leaving legacy for?

But would Jones want to leave Legacy for SHR? Legacy trend is currently upwards while SHR is headed down. In a year or two I'd put my money on legacy being the better team. What has SHR done lately that makes them worth leaving legacy for?
Put 2 cars in the playoffs last season and won 3 races. The #14 made the round of 8.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Put 2 cars in the playoffs last season and won 3 races. The #14 made the round of 8.

Let's see who has the better stats this year, it would not surprise me if legacy has more wins than SHR this year with 2 less cars. If I am Jones I'm not leaving.

SHR should make the call. If he leaves or not thatā€™s another matter. SHR is a championship organization with two Cup Championships, copious amounts of Cup wins, multiple playoff appearances by multiple drivers across the years and that sweet Haas money along with multiple long term sponsors. Thatā€™s not enticing enough? The SHR driver stableā€¦has left much to be desired the last few years, almost seems theyā€™re rebuilding a bit. If SHR signs the right driver after Harvick retires, they could be trending up too. All Legacy MC is right now, is potential imo. They havenā€™t proven anything yet, their figure head owner is crying in the media about times gone by, they should figure that out first.

I believe Aric signed a 2 year deal. I think it was mentioned on one of the broadcasts during Daytona week.

I believe Aric signed a 2 year deal. I think it was mentioned on one of the broadcasts during Daytona week.
Depends who you hear it from. Some say 2 year deal, some say 1 year with a second year option. Now if that would be a team or driver option who knows?

This seems a reliable source.

ā€œHaving signed a multi-year contract extension with the team in August of last year, Jones has solidified his future with the team and looks to continue building upon his progress from the foundation laid in the teamā€™s first year of competition.ā€

Other than Tyler Reddick, are there other NASCAR Cup drivers who have changed teams while under a current contract?

ā€œHaving signed a multi-year contract extension with the team in August of last year, Jones has solidified his future with the team and looks to continue building upon his progress from the foundation laid in the teamā€™s first year of competition.ā€

Other than Tyler Reddick, are there other NASCAR Cup drivers who have changed teams while under a current contract?
Kahne did when he got the soft boot from Hendrick. Most drivers switch because their contract isn't renewed,

On the other hand, multi year contracts mean two years or more...heavy on two years.

Kurt Busch ended up leaving a year early to Penske from Roush, but he announced it early then the Phoenix issues happened to release him early. DW told Junior Johnson he was leaving after the 87 season but I thought DW said on the Jr download he let him go after 86 once DW told Jr.

Smoke left a year early to start his own team

I belive Jeff Burton was replace by Carl while still under contract before getting out of his contract and heading to the 31

In other words, contract busting is a very uncommon occurrence.

Is Matt DiBenedetto still in driver development?

Whatā€™s your point? The only two drivers to win at plate tracks for DEI in Cup were Dale Jr. and Michael Waltrip, who were good plate racers with multiple teams and in multiple eras.

Ask Steve Park or MTG how ā€œeasyā€ it is to win a plate race for DEI.

No, Hailie couldnā€™t win a plate race for DEI but that isnā€™t the knock on her you think it is.

Deegan just isn't that good of a driver. Still waiting for a female driver that can win some races, you would have to think there will be one soon. In the last decade I've seen more female drivers at my local track so you would have to think it's the same around the country and soon we will have one to make it up the ranks.

This is hyperbole, given that sheā€™s run very well at the superspeedways thus far, and has been good on road courses.

I donā€™t think sheā€™s a top tier driver, not even a mid tier driver right now, but to pretend she couldnā€™t get a win in a plate race is asinine.

Deegan just isn't that good of a driver. Still waiting for a female driver that can win some races, you would have to think there will be one soon. In the last decade I've seen more female drivers at my local track so you would have to think it's the same around the country and soon we will have one to make it up the ranks.
Haley Moodyā€™s championship at Southern National about a decade or so ago opened the floodgates in the Carolinas.

Don't sleep on Riley Herbst. I know he has a fair share of doubters, but if he has a breakout season, he could be a candidate. He brings sponsorship which is an important factor.

Per Spotrac, here are the best of the upcoming ā€œfree agentsā€ available for seats next year; Hambone, Truex, Gilliland, McDowell, Justin Haley and Harrison Burton. Noah Gragson is on a one year deal per this site, so perhaps he could be lured into the 4 (that would be a heck of a snatch by SHR in my opinion).

https://www.spotrac.com/nascar/

Per Spotrac, here are the best of the upcoming ā€œfree agentsā€ available for seats next year; Hambone, Truex, Gilliland, McDowell, Justin Haley and Harrison Burton. Noah Gragson is on a one year deal per this site, so perhaps he could be lured into the 4 (that would be a heck of a snatch by SHR in my opinion).

https://www.spotrac.com/nascar/
Iā€™d go after Todd or Harrison.

One of these cars, either the 4 or 10, will go to Hailie Deegan.

I want to say this again.
Agreed.

I wonā€™t pretend to be able to evaluate driver talent like some of you but I would love to see him in an average to above average ride. Good plate drive whoā€™s earned the trust of his fellow drivers there. Heā€™s also a good voice/representative for the sport and seems to be great with sponsors.

Yes. He was involved in 2 yellow flag incidents during todayā€™s event.

A few internet sissies are complaining about it online. Itā€™ll blow over by tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom