Who Doesn't Advance, Rd.1

12 cars race 12 races and the one with the most points wins, Period.

If you need a playoff at all.

As much as I dislike play offs in racing, going back to the 10 driver , 10 race playoff would seem like a utopia compared to this lottery we have now.

The 4 below the cut line going into Richmond
upload_2018-9-19_1-7-56.png

But I thought Brian was o the sidelines now. Isn't it time to let the fans have what they want??
:sarcasm:

I was just busting on nascar. I'm a bit torn about the chase, but segments have the drivers racing hard all race long. Just a few years ago they would ride around for the first 3/4 of the race and wait for Tony to decide it was time to actually race. I'm happy those days are over and most of the top drivers are fighting for those playoff points. Truex showed them how important they can be.

I think that sometimes the chase works, sometimes it doesn't. Until they switch the final race to a different track year after year, I'll consider it the Homestead champion and not much more unless the driver earned it over 36 races. Right now that would be the #4, 18 and 78. If Kez wins 1 or more in the chase, I'll feel like he earned it because 4 win seasons are hard to come by these days.

I was just busting on nascar. I'm a bit torn about the chase, but segments have the drivers racing hard all race long. Just a few years ago they would ride around for the first 3/4 of the race and wait for Tony to decide it was time to actually race. I'm happy those days are over and most of the top drivers are fighting for those playoff points. Truex showed them how important they can be.

I think that sometimes the chase works, sometimes it doesn't. Until they switch the final race to a different track year after year, I'll consider it the Homestead champion and not much more unless the driver earned it over 36 races. Right now that would be the #4, 18 and 78. If Kez wins 1 or more in the chase, I'll feel like he earned it because 4 win seasons are hard to come by these days.
I agree with most of what you said. I certainly like a 36 race champion but I can live with the chase if it means the best driver in points over the chase races wins it. I don't like win Homestead and your it.

This round is pretty easy...
Not so easy after all. Nobody got 'em right. Only two members named three of the four who were eliminated. And I can attest that @LouieLouie and @LewTheShoe are NOT the same guy posting under two separate handles..:bazooka:
Bowman, Johnson, Dillon, Jones
Dillon, Bowman, Johnson, Hamlin.
There were 19 ballots posted timely, and all 19 named Alex Bowman... so when he advanced, all 19 predictions were wrong. Oh dear, I do hope his mother doesn't learn of our disdain for her son. Of the four who failed to advance, here is what we thought collectively about their prospects:

Dillon... 16 ballots.
Johnson... 11 ballots.
Jones... 5 ballots.
Hamlin... 1 ballot.

Back
Top Bottom