Who follows NASCAR on Twitter?

K

KingGlamis

I have only been following Twitter for a few months and I must say I have learned a LOT about the people involved in the sport. Not only is it informative, it is downright hilarious what some of the drivers and friends of drivers post on there. Plus of course, us fans can join in. You can "follow" anyone that has a public Twitter account, which includes most of the people involved with NASCAR. You can ask them questions, and most will reply.

One of the coolest things though, is the personal things you learn about the people of NASCAR. A lot of them post updates several times a day every day. A few I can think of right now are Kenny Wallace, Kevin Harvick and his wife DeLana, Kyle Petty, MOST of the NASCAR media peeps, many other drivers and their teams, etc.

I've been a NASCAR fan my whole life but Twitter lets you get to know the drivers and other NASCAR people much better than you could any other way.

If you love NASCAR and haven't tried Twitter, you should try it! I'll bet you will love it. Once you sign up just do a search for all the names you care about.

Twitter is great. The best drivers to get real opinions from is Keselowski. Hamlin used to be good too, but since nascar hit him with a $50,000 fine for some very negative comments, he doesn't post much.

If you have windows 7, set your browser to download only secure content, and check any new followers you get for spammers. There is an easy report feature. Also avoid using twitter to log onto other web sites. If you do, you open yourself up to problems since those sites get certain rights to your account.

Twitter is great. The best drivers to get real opinions from is Keselowski. Hamlin used to be good too, but since nascar hit him with a $50,000 fine for some very negative comments, he doesn't post much.

If you have windows 7, set your browser to download only secure content, and check any new followers you get for spammers. There is an easy report feature. Also avoid using twitter to log onto other web sites. If you do, you open yourself up to problems since those sites get certain rights to your account.

Are you ItsBlazy?

No that's me :D

But I love twitter and being on there is pretty fun. I only got a repsondes from Kyle Petty

Cool, mystery solved. I have found if you ask the NASCAR peeps a "normal" question they will usually respond.

Are you ItsBlazy?

No, I'm fenderbumper on twitter too. I've gotten a lot of answers and direct messages from Kez, his spotter Joey, Kyle Petty, and a bunch of others. Dustin Long, Jeff Hammond, Tom Jensen and Steve Byrnes follow me, and we've had several discussions via direct message. Steve and I actually had a heated misunderstanding via DM, but apologized when he got the facts. He's a cool guy.

Jenna Fryer used to follow me, but I had to dump her. lol

No, I'm fenderbumper on twitter too. I've gotten a lot of answers and direct messages from Kez, his spotter Joey, Kyle Petty, and a bunch of others. Dustin Long, Jeff Hammond, Tom Jensen and Steve Byrnes follow me, and we've had several discussions via direct message. Steve and I actually had a heated misunderstanding via DM, but apologized when he got the facts. He's a cool guy.

You've been followed now. :D

I have to ask. Why did you dump Jenna?

I have to ask. Why did you dump Jenna?

Lost respect for her as a reporter. First she injected herself in the middle of the Joe Menze / Tony Stewart exchange, then got confused about the difference between "I" and "we" with Kurt Busch.

After seeing 5 or 6 self pity posts, I called her on it. When I finally got her to understand where she got confused, her reply was "So what. Tony Stewart says "we" when he means "I" 100 times a day".

Between the self pity, ditziness and low standards, I unfollowed her. Then she did the same.

Lost respect for her as a reporter. First she injected herself in the middle of the Joe Menze / Tony Stewart exchange, then got confused about the difference between "I" and "we" with Kurt Busch.

After seeing 5 or 6 self pity posts, I called her on it. When I finally got her to understand where she got confused, her reply was "So what. Tony Stewart says "we" when he means "I" 100 times a day".

Between the self pity, ditziness and low standards, I unfollowed her. Then she did the same.
I gotcha. She should have known that most teammates does use the word we when talking about their team. When you are part of a team it becomes a habbit to use the word we.:)

I gotcha. She should have known that most teammates does use the word we when talking about their team. When you are part of a team it becomes a habbit to use the word we.:)

It was kind of amazing to watch her entire exchange with Kurt Busch elude her because she thought "I" and "we" means the same thing.

"Jimmy, Kurt says HE'S in your head" Kurt: "I didn't say that" Jenna: "I have the quote right here "WE'RE in his head" Kurt: "EXACTLY! Alright?".

No wonder Kurt tore the paper when she tried to show it to him, as if she was proving something other than that she doesn't know how to read and understand her own papers.

All the media pissed me off during that fiasco. Yeah, Kurts an ass, but the media can be asses too.

"Kurt tore up Jenna's notes". No, Kurt tore up a printed transcript provided to her. Go get another copy.

"Kurt had to be physically restrained from attacking a reporter, but no video exists". Then Spencer comes up with the video, and it shows Kurt turning and yelling at a reporter and someone puts their hand on his shoulder and gets him to walk away. THAT'S pysically restrained? WTF?

I follow Kenseth. I have no time or interest in the rest.

One of the coolest things though, is the personal things you learn about the people of NASCAR. A lot of them post updates several times a day every day.

I guess what one person likes another dislikes. This is my least favorite part of following reporters twitter accounts. I could care less what they had for lunch or when they had their last bowel movement. I follow it strictly for the news and for that it's a great service.

I guess what one person likes another dislikes. This is my least favorite part of following reporters twitter accounts. I could care less what they had for lunch or when they had their last bowel movement. I follow it strictly for the news and for that it's a great service.

I feel the same, until Jimmie Johnson posts about going drinking -- then you know you're destined for entertainment.

I've only been on there a while and am now following quite a few NASCAR people. Good way to find out things before most other people do.

instant communication is a sure way to get in trouble. i prefer to get in trouble at a more measured pace. <g>

Allow me to alter what I meant. I too could care less what they had for lunch. Too many people post meaningless stuff like that. I guess I enjoy hearing how the people of NASCAR interact with each other. And their schedules. Like right after Tony won the Championship I got to read about all the interviews he did with various media outlets. I was amazed and the sheer number of interviews he did. I knew champions did a lot of interviews but I had no idea they did THAT MANY!

Anyway, still kind of a Twitter rookie but I'm learning.

I am actually picking up my first smart phone tomorrow. I may be looking for some help from you folks. :eek:

I am actually picking up my first smart phone tomorrow. I may be looking for some help from you folks. :eek:

My wife is a cell phone master, she works in the industry. Let me know if you have questions.

Side note: Twitter works better on my phone than on my home computer. Not sure why, it just does.

Just don't poke it. They don't like being poked. Just caress it and see if it comes around to you. I'd be terrified and snappy if I was in a box for weeks on end, too. I think it's pretty bad that the phones these days can think for themselves...

Just don't poke it. They don't like being poked. Just caress it and see if it comes around to you. I'd be terrified and snappy if I was in a box for weeks on end, too. I think it's pretty bad that the phones these days can think for themselves...

Your sense of humor is appreciated, this forum has a habit of getting a bit to serious at times and sometimes spirals into plain ugly.

You where joking right?

Allow me to alter what I meant. I too could care less what they had for lunch. Too many people post meaningless stuff like that. I guess I enjoy hearing how the people of NASCAR interact with each other. And their schedules. Like right after Tony won the Championship I got to read about all the interviews he did with various media outlets. I was amazed and the sheer number of interviews he did. I knew champions did a lot of interviews but I had no idea they did THAT MANY!

Anyway, still kind of a Twitter rookie but I'm learning.

I will actually drop many of my NASCAR guys on twitter during the offseason due to this. News is so slow that they start posting more personal crap. I drop them after the last race and will pick them back up during speed weeks. My favorite reporter to follow is Jeff Gluck.

My favorite reporter to follow is Jeff Gluck.

Mine as well. Each week, @ each track, he puts together a 'Tweetup' for a meet and greet on race-day. They started off pretty small @ the beginning of the season and have now grown to be quite large. Several media members have now started taking part in these as well as the occasional driver. My wife & I attended four of these this year..... The most recent being @ Martinsville. There were four people representing the print/internet media as well as Jeff Burton. Cool idea and something you won't be sorry you've taken advantage of should you make it to the track for a Cup race.

I only use the service for news and information. I never send/post anything unless I'm trying to get in contact with one of the media representatives that I follow. I have to admit though I did follow Charlie Sheen for a day or two when he first jumped on Twitter but even his antics got old real quick.

Mine as well. Each week, @ each track, he puts together a 'Tweetup' for a meet and greet on race-day. They started off pretty small @ the beginning of the season and have now grown to be quite large. Several media members have now started taking part in these as well as the occasional driver. My wife & I attended four of these this year..... The most recent being @ Martinsville. There were four people representing the print/internet media as well as Jeff Burton. Cool idea and something you won't be sorry you've taken advantage of should you make it to the track for a Cup race.

I only use the service for news and information. I never send/post anything unless I'm trying to get in contact with one of the media representatives that I follow. I have to admit though I did follow Charlie Sheen for a day or two when he first jumped on Twitter but even his antics got old real quick.

Charlie Sheen's inaugural tweets were some of the funniest things ever typed. "Unemployed winner" :XXROFL:

I remember at one point this being called "The Information Age" what a joke :rolleyes:

It's also awesome for instant mis-information

aka propaganda. the news out first is the news most remembered.

I don't see much propaganda from reliable sources in the nascar community, although the media types use twitter to put a subtle spin on things.

Some drivers give you insight as to how they honestly feel about other drivers, and that can be interesting. Drivers sometimes let things slip out, like when Kez hinted before this season that he wouldn't be allowed to defend his championship 4 or 5 days before nascars announcement. When I asked if he was confirming a rule change, my tweet made it onto Racehub, which is always cool.

Kevin and Delana Harvick are avid tweeters. Also @jeffgordonweb. I love twitter with nascar

My wife is a cell phone master, she works in the industry. Let me know if you have questions.

Side note: Twitter works better on my phone than on my home computer. Not sure why, it just does.

Ok so it isn't just me who twitter runs like crap for.

Sounds like a question for your wife???????????

Sounds like a question for your wife???????????

She knows cell phones, not so much computers. I mean we both know how to USE computers quite well, just don't know why Twitter sucks on the PC and is great on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom