Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Erik Jones

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Alex Bowman

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • William Byron

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
I'm sure a lot of that Twitter popularity is because of the car he is in. Doubtful he would be that popular if he was in say the 77.

So when he won most popular 2 years in X, it was because he was going to drive the 24?

So when he won most popular 2 years in X, it was because he was going to drive the 24?
I never said he wouldn't be popular, just not quite as much. I mean look how many Gordon fans jumped on the Chase bandwagon just because he is in that car.

I never said he wouldn't be popular, just not quite as much. I mean look how many Gordon fans jumped on the Chase bandwagon just because he is in that car.

My point is, he was hugely popular before he got in the 24.

So Blaney's fanbase can be attributed to Dave fans? Stephen Wallace wasn't popular, you have to be at least somewhat successful to have a fan base at all.
Was Dave Blaney very successful? Not really.
And Stephen Wallace trashed so many cars and took out so many other drivers that he was destined to be unpopular.

So Blaney's fanbase can be attributed to Dave fans? Stephen Wallace wasn't popular, you have to be at least somewhat successful to have a fan base at all.
When your father was a 16-time Most Popular Driver, it definitely helps with your popularity.

When your father was a 16-time Most Popular Driver, it definitely helps with your popularity.
While I agree it helps, he still has to suit up and do a good job in the car. If he crashed all the time or was just terrible he wouldn't be popular, that's what I was trying to point out. These guys gain fans by their talent first, having a successful dad is just a bonus.

While I agree it helps, he still has to suit up and do a good job in the car. If he crashed all the time or was just terrible he wouldn't be popular, that's what I was trying to point out. These guys gain fans by their talent first, having a successful dad is just a bonus.
All I know is Chase better win soon before Kevin Harvick calls him out for stunting the growth of the sport. ;)

All I know is Chase better win soon before Kevin Harvick calls him out for stunting the growth of the sport. ;)
LMAO Now it would be hilarious if he becomes the next MPD without a win. Ole Harv would have a conniption on his radio show if that happens:windows::D

Kyle Petty ripped Chase yesterday on the post-race show for not getting it done and saying the same old things in his interview. I guess Chase said Truex surprised him on a restart, or something like that, and then said, we'll keep working and on to Bristol, etc.

Petty was fairly animated in his reaction. He said it's time for Chase to wake up, quit sleeping through restarts, and win a race. Classic Kyle Petty stuff, and I'm sure Chase Elliott Nation was upset about it.

Kyle Petty ripped Chase yesterday on the post-race show for not getting it done and saying the same old things in his interview. I guess Chase said Truex surprised him on a restart, or something like that, and then said, we'll keep working and on to Bristol, etc.

Petty was fairly animated in his reaction. He said it's time for Chase to wake up, quit sleeping through restarts, and win a race. Classic Kyle Petty stuff, and I'm sure Chase Elliott Nation was upset about it.
Chase has had some rotten luck, but to Kyle's point, he's also shot himself in the foot several times. I'm a little shocked that Chase is 0-for-64 at this point, looking at the list of active Cup drivers, 17 of them had at least one win by their 64th start:

Jamie McMurray
Brad Keselowski
Kevin Harvick
Kasey Kahne
Trevor Bayne
Denny Hamlin
Clint Bowyer (got his first win in his 64th start)
Kyle Busch
Matt Kenseth
Ryan Blaney
Joey Logano
Ryan Newman
Chris Buescher
Kurt Busch
Jimmie Johnson
Martin Truex, Jr.
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

So Chase is behind the curve a bit, but he'll probably roll off a bunch of 'em once he gets that first one.

Alex Bowman because the 88 has speed but the current driver is a little tired

Wallace was fun to watch, announcer dad Rusty would be gritting his teeth spitting out the words when young Stephen wadded up another one.

I'm thinking Suarez because his crew chief makes a ballsy call and then Chase follows soon after.

The ire for Larson was getting pretty strong, I know I wasn't too impressed after a while and I said so. He kept running in to the wall running the high line and tearing up his car a lot. I think he had to unlearn some dirt track before he got into his groove. I don't know why but Elliott's drought doesn't bother me, Suarez and Jones continue to get better as they learn it. I think when Byron comes in next year he is going to show how hard or easy it is, everything he has done at both levels so far he has done it as a rookie.

Wallace was fun to watch, announcer dad Rusty would be gritting his teeth spitting out the words when young Stephen wadded up another one.
Oh I remember those days haha That was the most entertaining part of the Nationwide series in those years.

Bowman, next year. I dig him and what he did in the 88 in the past.

I didn't mind it too much. He also said something like "I've heard these same comments before from Chase, more than once. It's time to go out and do it."

Can't really poke holes in that argument imo.

It's frustrating as a fan. I didn't think I would ever care as much with Gordon out of that car, but I quickly realized I definitely do care. He's rock solid in that car, the highest driver in points without a win in 7th. You can't do any more than what he's done to this point outside of winning. I'd be on the overhyped train if he just flat out wasn't performing, but he is, and at a high level. Had he not had that month of terrible luck, he'd probably be sitting somewhere like 4th in points and without a win - who on Earth could dispute that at that point? That'd be pretty damn impressive.

Back
Top Bottom