why are we running the IROC package at darlington?

well yeah it does to a point of dimishing returns. LF looks pretty low, back isn't far behind

ricky-stenhouse-jr-roush-fenwa.jpg
Holy wrinkles, Batman.

it looks like we are running the 550 hp engine and rules for this weekends race. I think that is a big mistake for darlington. Its a track that has always put on a great race. It races lots better with cars that have lots of power to get to the ground. The Iroc package works best at tracks that had the worst racing. on the flip side tracks that had great racing this package is bad at.

@hidesert cowboy , If you watched the race, please explain why it was not a good race.

2 and 3 wide, passing all over, really put it in the set up and drivers hands. A far cry from follow the leader, as was the case for years.
I thought I would notice the 200hp reduction, I can not.

I say it was a sold out great race, myself, bit, that is JMHO. :D

@hidesert cowboy , If you watched the race, please explain why it was not a good race.

2 and 3 wide, passing all over, really put it in the set up and drivers hands. A far cry from follow the leader, as was the case for years.
I thought I would notice the 200hp reduction, I can not.

I say it was a sold out great race, myself, bit, that is JMHO. :D
as I said in another thread, you guys have forgotten what a good darlington race looks like. Darlington has been my favorite track for quite a few years. I actually had family pressure to do things yesterday and put my foot down and sad dangit this is my favorite race to watch of the year. Why? well typically coming off turn 4 if a guy got to your rear quarter panel, the guy in front had to actually let the guy pass them before they got into turn 1. The reason is the track gets so narrow there and once the car gets full turning load, the wall jumps right at you. The other thing is the turns are pretty long and sweeping, its brake, throttle, brake then throttle again, just like you are walking a tight rope around the place. at least one car brushes the wall every lap. They actually used to run 2x4's in the right sides of the cars to keep the body away from the tires. we didn't really have any of these elements last night. wanna see a crazy race that was bad A, go watch the last time jeff gordon won there, when the car was puking steam for 15 laps. They had to run shaker grills in front of the radiator, one lap under caution would be enough for them to want 4 fresh tires.

I actually thought passing wasn't really all the easy. passing for the lead sure wasn't easy or happen very often. I suppose that did give us more side by side but only because passing was harder. Yeah was is still a great race? yes compared to most other tracks I would say of course. but the race would have been quite a bit better if they ran the 750 hp short track package.

Back
Top Bottom