Why doesn't NASCAR....?

Flyer22

Team Owner
Just go back to the "roots" of the sport and start all over?

Drop a lot of these big time sponsors...get guys who build STOCK (yes, I know...STOCK) cars in their barns and bring them to the track to race?

If this means a literal start over of minor TV deals, tearing down grandstands, drop some of these races that can't hardly get 30K to attend, ect then so be it but the current state of the sport is a disaster.

Drop a lot of these big time sponsors...get guys who build STOCK (yes, I know...STOCK) cars in their barns and bring them to the track to race?

If this means a literal start over of minor TV deals, tearing down grandstands, drop some of these races that can't hardly get 30K to attend, ect then so be it but the current state of the sport is a disaster.

NASCAR has tried a lot of gimmicks and made a lot of changes to no avail. Rather than trying to turn back the clock I think NASCAR would be better served by doing more testing in order to see what proposed changes looked like. Yesterday’s crap show could have been avoided or mitigated had testing been done at the track.

When I was in business I always set out expectations but I always inspected what I expected in order to make sure things were being done in accordance. NASCAR changes things and then hopes for the best. That sort of thing gets us races like yesterday.

The biggest reason is because they own so many tracks they just can't afford to do that. Also they can't afford any more Smith court cases either so they can't drop his tracks.
The one thing Nascar can do is close a couple of tracks on valuable land and develop that
for other uses instead of just selling it off. ( Long term plans). They could then "rent Tracks"
for some races, especially if they had portable soft walls they could move. Some tracks (short) don't really require soft walls because they have no top speed.

chev ford toyota(lexus) have 450hp base v8 stock cars.
move the pits of super speedways to the tri-ovals and race on pit lane. this will make the corners on the big tracks much tighter.

What's to stop anyone other than NASCAR from doing this now?

From everything that I read, NASCAR's still making a profit. Starting over is probably not a wise business decision for a profitable company.

There are series like that that no one cares about so how would it be beneficial to NASCAR to do the same?

What's to stop anyone other than NASCAR from doing this now?

From everything that I read, NASCAR's still making a profit. Starting over is probably not a wise business decision for a profitable company.

From what I’ve read Nascar makes so much money I’m surprised they haven’t been declared a monopoly and broken up.

$$$$$

Billionaires in overalls, yeah that's the ticket. The new moonshiner image of the millennium.

NASCAR may have started out of a love for racing, but it has evolved into entertainment --- just like any other sport.

Even though I don’t care for the direction Jim France is taking the series I applaud him for doing what he thinks is best. There is no question in my mind that he is trying to up the entertainment quotient of Nascar even if it is at the expense of some things I and others like.

When they built the first grandstand it became entertainment. When the cars got to around 150 mph aerodynamics started to dictate how things would go. Aerodynamics has been the biggest challenge for NASCAR.

The question is would you support cars that look like IMSA race cars or keep them domestic sedans. SUVs are probably more popular than sedans these days.

I think the same tracks year after year has created some of the problems. No doubt it is a strong business policy to own all of the venues they race at, and it is a problem with crowd size and facilities to just pick up and go to other tracks that aren't owned by ISC and Speedway, but even an attempt at one or two races a year is long over due. Between them both they have enough money to buy or build another track somewhere if they couldn't line up another track that wasn't owned by them. They have been getting around this for years saying oh we have a five year deal with the tracks so we can't do that, when between both of them they could do whatever they agreed to do they own them anyway. It's pretty much a losing proposition anyway to go to a track they don't own outright, so it is a slippery slope business wise. Eldora is a fan favorite but it looses money every year for the teams that race there.

Even though I don’t care for the direction Jim France is taking the series I applaud him for doing what he thinks is best. There is no question in my mind that he is trying to up the entertainment quotient of Nascar even if it is at the expense of some things I and others like.
You were asking who are Admin, you just answered one. Notice under the name it says "Admin". :D

When they built the first grandstand it became entertainment. When the cars got to around 150 mph aerodynamics started to dictate how things would go. Aerodynamics has been the biggest challenge for NASCAR.

The question is would you support cars that look like IMSA race cars or keep them domestic sedans. SUVs are probably more popular than sedans these days.

How the cars race is the most important thing to me. The secondary thing for me would be to have a car that looked like something the Aussies use in relation to our showroom cars.

Ups and downs and flat periods are normal. If you experience a prolonged period of market erosion something is wrong.
Many people wanted to put ALL the blame on Brian. Brian could only do what the principal owners allowed. Now one of those principal owners is in charge. Have you seen any changes that most people agree with? Anything to bring back the fans to the track or even tune in on the TV?

Many people wanted to put ALL the blame on Brian. Brian could only do what the principal owners allowed. Now one of those principal owners is in charge. Have you seen any changes that most people agree with? Anything to bring back the fans to the track or even tune in on the TV?
The France family are the principle owners of this sport.

The Chase was implemented under Brian's watch. That was, by far, the biggest change that alienated the long time fans. They've been walking away from this sport ever since.

It's now a new era under new management. Hopefully this sport can make a transition once again to be a go-to sport on Sundays.

The France family are the principle owners of this sport.

The Chase was implemented under Brian's watch. That was, by far, the biggest change that alienated the long time fans. They've been walking away from this sport ever since.

It's now a new era under new management. Hopefully this sport can make a transition once again to be a go-to sport on Sundays.
Brian was an employee and minor shareholder which he has sold.
Brian could only do things on a large scale what the TWO Major share holders allowed.
They must except some blame in the decline of Nascar.

Yes, more short tracks and less of these 1.5 mile wide tracks.

Because people would still bitch, so what's the point? There is a segment of this fan base so hurt over the state of the sport that they are hell bent on burning it down. Why the hell else would somebody come here to rag on the sport?

Brian was an employee and minor shareholder which he has sold.
Brian could only do things on a large scale what the TWO Major share holders allowed.
They must except some blame in the decline of Nascar.
I agree all the blame can't be on Brian. But his actions didn't seem to show a strong commitment to NASCAR. I don't think the two others told Brian to stay away from the track. Nor did they tell him to awkwardly hand off a trophy to the series champion?

JMO but the blame goes to the people that left Brian in charge. It was readily apparent he had trouble tying his shoes let alone running Nadcar.

Because people would still bitch, so what's the point? There is a segment of this fan base so hurt over the state of the sport that they are hell bent on burning it down. Why the hell else would somebody come here to rag on the sport?

IDK what is going on within the fandom of Nascar but it is different than stick and ball. A lot of fans complain about all aspects of the series which doesn’t happen to nearly the same degree within the sports world.

Nascar fans complain that it is too hot or cold to attend races but weather has no impact in the sports world.

Nascar fans complain if a driver doesn’t speak his mind yet complain if he does. A non issue in the sports world.

Back
Top Bottom