Wickens up date

As someone who's helped his father rehab from hip replacements, I can tell you those 19 floor tiles he covered might as well be the Indy 500. I guarantee he's counting every one of them as a measure of his progress.

Check the muscle atrophy in his lower legs, and the tremble in his right thigh. It's going to take months to get the muscles where they'll support him again, but at least they're functioning!

As someone who's helped his father rehab from hip replacements, I can tell you those 19 floor tiles he covered might as well be the Indy 500. I guarantee he's counting every one of them as a measure of his progress.

Check the muscle atrophy in his lower legs, and the tremble in his right thigh. It's going to take months to get the muscles where they'll support him again, but at least they're functioning!
Both hips. Gotta be strong.

My wife has 2 of those and 1 knee. Knee #2 in April.

She hates me during rehab.

Incredible dedication by Robert and the team working around the clock with him. This is nothing short of incredible, I think there will not be a single dry eye once he's back walking under his own power.

Seriously badass.

I mean this guyis gonna have legions more fans than he did....just think WHEN he gets back in a car.

https://www.instagram.com/blakesavage762/?hl=en

Here is someone going through something similar. Ex-pro mx racer turned trainer for K-Roc and others. Never met the kid but his family and my family are longtime friends. I've got faith he'll recover the same. It's amazing how much being in world class shape helps with recoveries like this. *nukes hot pocket*

the Wickens story makes me even more thankful for NASCARs safety rules. Lets be honest though, Indycar by its very nature, mostly open ****pit, tub design, is inherently more dangerous than the 3800 lbs cars in NASCAR.

Awesome, long article. Snippet:

According to a story posted Friday on RACER.com, Cary and Todd Bettenhausen, the twin sons of longtime Indy car racer Gary Bettenhausen, have helped Wickens get the necessary equipment he's been lacking. Todd designs simulator hardware for SimXperience while Cary operates Indy Simulation at PitFit, an Indianapolis training facility used by Wickens and many other NTT INDYCAR SERIES drivers.

“I got a call a couple days ago from Robert, and he said he’d be interested in driving our simulator,” Cary told RACER.com. “So, I got my brother on the line, and we’ve been thrashing to get things ready and received a lot of help to make this thing happen.”

The Bettenhausens converted the iRacing rig from foot to hand controls. Former driver Max Papis provided a steering wheel from his business, and Steve Fusek, who is Takuma Sato’s agent and proprietor of Indy’s only downtown hardware store, loaned the motor to power the steering wheel.

if wicky is in the next race it will be awesome

Back
Top Bottom