World of Outlaws 2018

Discussion in 'Short Track Racing' started by StandOnIt, Feb 10, 2018.

1. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Excellent race. I love Williams Grove with its long straights and tight turns... paperclip style. Excellent win over the Outlaws by the Pennsylvania Posse at their signature event, the Williams Grove National Open. I think that makes four career wins in this race for Lance Dewease. He has over 90 career wins at the Grove, and that is flat out crazy. He passed Fred Rahmer (who retired a couple years ago) earlier this year.

FLRacingFan and gnomesayin like this.
  2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

5. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Bell smoked em by half a lap

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    FLRacingFan, rd45usa and DUN24 like this.
  7. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

That's the most impressive piece of driving Bell has done this year. Very impressive for him to jump in that car and do that.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  8. rd45usa

rd45usa Days gone past

Can we please get him in the 41 next year. Oh well, I can dream. Kid is the real deal!

FLRacingFan and StandOnIt like this.
  9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

O/T OOPS
    The International Super Modified Association incorrectly awarded their Championship following their season ending race at Thompson

Attached Files:

11. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

6 races to go, Kansas City Lakeside next

World of Outlaws Championship Standings (as of 10/15/2018): 1st – Donny Schatz 9278 points (262-point margin over second place, Brad Sweet)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    gnomesayin likes this.
  12. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I used to attend Lakeside every week when I lived in KC, love that track. They didn't have many WoO shows in those days.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I ranged from Devil's bowl in Texas up to Wichita back in the day, the Outlaws would come to Tulsa once a year. They were just getting started.

FLRacingFan and LewTheShoe like this.
  14. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

I did this weekend last year. It also fell on the cup weekend at Kansas. Did Lakeside Friday, Salina OK Saturday, got rained out Sunday with the USAC race in Wayne City IL. The weather was amazing last year, t-shirt weather in Oklahoma at night in Mid to late October.
    Was thinking of doing ARCA Friday, WoO Dodge City KS Saturday and USAC Sunday this year... but its gonna be in the thirties... drive out there and either freeze my ass of or even worse they call off the races..
    Had an alternate for the weekend, PASS weekend at Richmond with SLM and Tour Type modifieds... looked like a good show. They cancelled due to a forecast of AM showers 5 days in advance....
    This weekend was my last chance to make it out to a race for the year... oh welll...

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Fast track at K.C.

gnomesayin likes this.
  16. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Track was tacky and hooked up there. I'm used to it a little drier by main event time, with the cushion closer to the wall. Good racing though, man they were flying.

17. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Meanwhile in CA, the 60 year-old Wild Child wins another one.

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

2nd really quick Kansas track, 11 second laps. dog fight for 1st and 2nd.

19. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I liked the narrowness of the track here actually.

20. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Very cool.

StandOnIt, LewTheShoe and FLRacingFan like this.
  21. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Apparently there was more to it, and it's something Netflix was shooting for an upcoming show of some kind.

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I wonder what he thought if he stood on it and the front wheels came up. Sorry, no traction control used here, and turn right to go left. haha.

23. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

ol Kasey is off to a great start at the finals

25. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Fastest Friday

26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I have never seen this announcer but I swear he should look like Jim Carrey
    Gravel with a quick time

27. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Congrats Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing

[​IMG]

By taking the track Thursday, Schatz clinched his 10th World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series Championship, and fifth straight, aboard the Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing No.15.

The evening went relatively smoothly for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series, as the only caution during Green Flag action came when Kasey Kahne lost a wheel and spun on his second Qualifying lap. Kahne was still able to go 10th and ninth quick during his sessions and will be ready to go when racing action gets underway. Ohio’s Shawn Dancer had mechanical issues and did not record a lap for either Friday or Saturday.

http://woosprint.com/news/race-repo...y-schatz-clinches-10th-world-of-outlaws-title

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

And of course rain.

29. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Johnny Gibson

StandOnIt and LewTheShoe like this.
  30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Final race of the WoO season, good one. Congrats to 10 time

LewTheShoe and FLRacingFan like this.
  32. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Great race, a real barn burner. Not sure how deep in the field Schatz started, but he came from way back. Congrats to him for continuing his dynasty for yet another year.

Edit: Schatz started 10th. It was his 22nd feature win of the year. His 10th WoO championship.

gnomesayin likes this.
  33. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Congratulations to Paige Polyak winning a WOO Sprint car heat race at the finals...even after jumping the cushion in 4.

34. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

A series adding big money prime dates like this is always a good sign.

StandOnIt likes this.
  35. MRM

MRM Team Owner

The bad thing is this is the same weekend as some mega money sprint car race in Mansfield, Ohio.

36. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Daryn Pittman will be switching to the Roth #83 car after being let go by KKR. This is interesting statement from Kahne because of the mention that he is transitioning to running WoO himself. It will be interesting to see how much he races and how well he can do. These guys are difficult to keep up with.

LewTheShoe and StandOnIt like this.
  37. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Wish the 2019 schedule would be out soon

38. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

http://www.woosprint.com/news

rd45usa and StandOnIt like this.
  39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

sounds interesting, maybe they will do some co events together in the future.

rd45usa likes this.
  40. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

If there's any series that should do co-events, it's the All-Stars & WoO at this point (though they kinda do at Eldora I think). I've enjoyed the racing in 360 ASCS.

rd45usa and StandOnIt like this.