World of Outlaws 2018

Jac Haudenschild's car got pulled over by police last night as the crew was pushing it from the track to the car wash. Makes for a funny photo.

IMG_7753_zps3yvfmgj1.jpg

As popular as these cars are, it’s asinine that an event like this isn’t televised.

Curious how Gary Scelzi’s kid does. Broke a record previously held by Jeff Gordon tonight.

Red flag for Abreu crash,19 laps done... Sweet, Schatz, Larson at the front.

Larson passes Schatz on lap 21, his 5th slide job finally stuck. The first 4 tries, Schatz got back around Kyle. Intense between these two.

Now at the half-time caution...
Brad Sweet
Kyle Larson
Donny Schatz
Chad Kemenah

Wow, Sweet seems to have 1/4 second per lap over everyone else. Jesus.

Last edited:
Congrats to Brad Sweet on a career-defining victory in holding off Schatz and Larson. With Schatz so dominant here of late, the other top guys don't get much chance. Great intense racing.

I was listening to the local radio call, and when Larson got by Sweet, the stream cut out on me for about 5 laps. I thought Kyle was going to get it done. Glad to see a guy like Sweet get the victory though. Must be Kahne"s first Nationals win as an owner too.

Very deserving W. Awesome stuff. Always happy to see Brad Sweet do well here.

Second closest margin of victory in Knoxville Nat’s history btw.

Sweet! (Pun intended) way to go KKR!

Now that's a celebration

Didn't get to follow this last night...at a local dirt track here in upstate NY. But, reading Jeff Gluck's updates was pretty darn exciting in itself, then seeing Sweet's celebration was awesome. Kuddos to Gluck for some great coverage this year.

Im back from 16 days at Knoxville. Kind of all a blur, but the racing was fantastic from the All Stars on Saturdaythe 28th thru Osky, continued with the Nationals . One thing nobody anywhere has mentioned, was that if Rico hadnt crashed out of the A main (with help) he probably had a top 5 car. This event really is something you should look into if you havent. Its special, in so many ways, as evidenced by the impact it had on Jeff Gluck as a first timer. A great friend of mine got to race at Slideways with Tony, Kyle, Gary, Dominick and Gio Scelzi, Chris Windom, Tyler Courtney etc. This is a great fund raiser, and where else can you actually race with these types of racers for $400 for the afternoon? It was a 19th birthday gift for him.. For the first time since the event started, it was won by a non star, which is a big deal, because theyre racing very hard!

Can't wait for WoO to go back to Colorado next year. Stoked to hear that.

Impressive run by Dobmeier, who has not been impressive this year yet. Looking forward to tonight at Fargo!

MotoGP is the best racing on the planet, IMO, followed by Nascar Cup racing and World of Outlaws.

I have to give WoO its due. I'm still partial to USAC national sprints, but the majority of WoO races I have watched the past couple years are truly excellent. That is in contrast to a less favorable impression of the series I formed in the early- to mid- '00s. The quality of their races, night after night and all over the country, is very high currently. One thing I've noticed is that their track prep is excellent.

(Putting this here rather than throwing the MotoGP thread where it was posted off track.)

Didn't think Tony had it in him in sprint cars anymore from what I've been following. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom