World of Outlaws 2020

Schuhart continues his hot start taking night one.

Good strong race once they got it going after early stop and start yellows. Haudencshild with a strong second. Schatz drove from 11th to 3rd, and Sweet had to use a provisional and his backup car, but came from 25th to 8th.

to a packed house

The World of Outlaws are more responsible than that.

A limited amount of tickets were sold in advance of the events at reduced capacity. No walk-up. The following policies were in place:

ALL attendees should leave at least (1) parking spot in between each vehicle
- upon arrival into the facility spectators should be prepared for COVID-19 screening up to and including a temperature test and a health well-being questionnaire. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or having a temperature over 100.3 degrees will be asked to leave the facility and see a physician
- seating will follow CDC and local Public Health Department guidelines for social distancing up to and including 6 feet separation between all groups and seating every other row in ALL grandstands
- it is not required but highly recommended that all spectators wear a cloth face cover at all times
- concessions will be open at the main grandstands and fans are being asked to follow social distancing guidelines while in line
- ALL attendees MUST stay in the grandstand area at ALL times. There will be no access to the Pit area.
- ALL attendees must exit the facility no later than 1-hour following the Feature Checkered Flag.

The World of Outlaws are more responsible than that.

A limited amount of tickets were sold in advance of the events at reduced capacity. No walk-up. The following policies were in place:

What would you like to hear?...well attended, enthusiastic crowd, the joint was jumping?

1590938955405.png

“I decided I was just going to send it,” Schatz said about his winning move. “He would have done the same thing. I got a run on him there in (turns) one and two. We went into (turn) three and I just went. … I was stuck pretty decent. Happy to get the win. It’s about time here. Feels like it’s been forever.”

"I decided I was just going to send it,” Schatz said about his winning move. “He would have done the same thing. I got a run on him there in (turns) one and two. We went into (turn) three and I just went. … I was stuck pretty decent. Happy to get the win. It’s about time here. Feels like it’s been forever.”

Yeah, Donny's move was bold but handled perfectly. He also credited Larson with being one of the best there is. It will be fun to watch them mix it up for the rest of the year. The top of the WoO field is more stacked than at any point I can remember.

Yeah, Donny's move was bold but handled perfectly. He also credited Larson with being one of the best there is. It will be fun to watch them mix it up for the rest of the year. The top of the WoO field is more stacked than at any point I can remember.
Absolutely, You have Sweet, Schatz, Larson, Schuhart, Gravel, who can all compete for a championship, plus Macedo, Hadenschield and some others who can regularly compete for wins

I know I sound like a concerned mother hen, but the way they are racing, I'm worried somebody is going to get hurt bad. If Schatz would have caught an edge when he threw the slider on Larson, he could have ended up in the fence or all the way over the fence. Hard to tell if it is because they haven't been racing or because Larson showed up and they want to beat him badly.

I know I sound like a concerned mother hen, but the way they are racing, I'm worried somebody is going to get hurt bad. If Schatz would have caught an edge when he threw the slider on Larson, he could have ended up in the fence or all the way over the fence. Hard to tell if it is because they haven't been racing or because Larson showed up and they want to beat him badly.
I was saying this to my girlfriend when we were at the track the other night the older I get and the bad crashes I've see the past few years, Wickens at Pocono, Ryan Smith at Selinsgrove right in front of me, and Newman at Daytona, so many wrecks are making me not able to breathe until I know a driver is ok.

I watched a driver hit the rear tire and guardrail at the same time and it shot him over the fence going into turn three. He skipped across a hauler's roof and ended up tangled up in the far pit fence. He broke both legs, an ankle and had surgery on his back. Damn, he was lucky to get out of that one alive.

You don't sound like a mother hen. The Sweet wreck was close to disastrous. Every night at a sprint car race they are flirting with it.

I was just thinking the same thing. Most of my years closely following the WOO was when guys like Kinser, Wolfgang, Swindell, Ferkle, Allen, Blaney and Haudenschild were running. All great talent, but Kinser just kept putting the hurt on them.

I was just thinking the same thing. Most of my years closely following the WOO was when guys like Kinser, Wolfgang, Swindell, Ferkle, Allen, Blaney and Haudenschild were running. All great talent, but Kinser just kept putting the hurt on them.
I use to live about 20 miles from Steve Kinser and about 5 miles from Gary Bettenhausen when I was in my mid 20s. Gary and I would meet for breakfast at the local diner and go have a beer at the local beer bar at nights a few times a week when I was in town and not out on the road somewhere.

You don't sound like a mother hen. The Sweet wreck was close to disastrous. Every night at a sprint car race they are flirting with it.
Think of it without a safety seat, a Hans Device, leg supports, arm restraints and adequate personal fire protection.

Open-face Bell helmet and a bandana.

Lightning fast feature tonight, no yellows. Haudenschild started on the pole and led the majority of the race. Sweet chased him down and they spent the past 5-7 laps trading the lead back and forth. Sweet takes it at the end on the high side.

Old habits die hard. I didn't see Larson in the WoO lineup and I thought oh yeah he is racing at Atlanta.:blush:

Kahne faded on the last couple restarts, but overall looked better than he has in a long, long time.

Schuchart finally had bad luck after finishing in the top five in every race so far, and as a result gives up the points lead to Sweet.

Kahne faded on the last couple restarts, but overall looked better than he has in a long, long time.

Schuchart finally had bad luck after finishing in the top five in every race so far, and as a result gives up the points lead to Sweet.
Even in his NASCAR days Kasey sucked on most restarts

Even in his NASCAR days Kasey sucked on most restarts

Yeah, this is a major weakness for him. He just lacks the aggression needed to make hay on the restarts. He's still looking faster and better overall.

Yeah, this is a major weakness for him. He just lacks the aggression needed to make hay on the restarts. He's still looking faster and better overall.
In Cup I can count only a few that I remember the last restart when he won at Atlanta in 2014 and the restarts at the 17 Brickyard win.

Seriously stacked field tonight of 53 cars, even with the All Stars running in TX and other weekly tracks running 410s as well.

Larson is on fire with four wins and a second in his last five races between WoO and ASCoC. He found a different line and was diamonding the corner in 1 and 2 to drive around Schatz and win easily.

Rough night for Schuchart, who had to take a provisional to make the field. Sweet also was just so-so, and now leads the points by only 8 over Schatz.

The All Stars race is about to start again after two wrecks on the first lap and long delays.

Back
Top Bottom