World of Outlaws 2020

Conditions way worse then when I was there last year.

I'm interested that KKR brought out a 3rd car for Kasey, especially since they didn't even bring the 9 to Charlotte last year. I hope it's a sign Kasey plans to be back behind the wheel more in 2021.

Racing was terrific though! Good hard racing throughout the pack and lots of passing

Great race to attend. The Last Chance Race was a **** show. 38 minutes for 12 laps?
In a rare moment I enjoyed all the "down time" watching my hometown HS football team advance to the state final four.
Sometimes I wonder just what those wrecker guys are doing. When I used to help, it wasn't rocket science to hookup a sprint car.

In a rare moment I enjoyed all the "down time" watching my hometown HS football team advance to the state final four.
Sometimes I wonder just what those wrecker guys are doing. When I used to help, it wasn't rocket science to hookup a sprint car.
Yeah sprint cars are easy to pick up, the only time I've seen it take awhile is if the driver is hurt or they need to figure out how to get the car out of the catch fence

1st set of hot laps and track as dusty as the feature last night. Did they put any water on it? Going to be interesting for sure

1st set of hot laps and track as dusty as the feature last night. Did they put any water on it? Going to be interesting for sure

Wow. I hadn't tuned in yet. What the hell, track prep wasn't in the budget this weekend with the reduced gate?

Going out on a limb and calling it looks like a Kyle Larson track tonight. Everyone running high in qualifying.

5 minutes AFTER the last heat race. Dusty enough?
16047957243024038983723620487276.jpg

I'm the biggest hype man there is here for how great this series is. Sorry, tonight is an utter embarrassment and inexcusable given the sheer neglect of the racing surface. The drivers still manage to put on a show, but this is a sorry way to end a fantastic season.

I'm the biggest hype man there is here for how great this series is. Sorry, tonight is an utter embarrassment and inexcusable given the sheer neglect of the racing surface. The drivers still manage to put on a show, but this is a sorry way to end a fantastic season.
Unbelievable, never seen anything quite like this.

Forced into single file restarts from the first caution on, not because of a weather event causing unforeseen circumstances, but because they looked at that dust bowl at the end of last night and thought "more of that, but let's see what happens if it's like that from qualifying on". They couldn't use their standard camera shots because they were opaque, and had to show the race via overhead and down-low angles.

WoO needs to make a statement owning up to what happened and pledge not to repeat the same mistakes. Thus far all I've seen them do is pretend everything was groovy with that.

Yeah I seen the video and was disgusted at the amount of dust. Usually WoO doesn’t do amateur hour preparation like this weekend.

I was sitting up high near the entry of turn 1. I could not see the cars between 3 & 4 to the flagstand. It was quite the challenge to pick up a car once you looked away. I have no idea what the drivers view was like, but I am amazed they pulled it off. I kept thinking we were going to see a bad wreck, so grateful that didn't happen.

One terrific season in the books.

Looking forward to an explanation from the WOO.

Yeah that looked bad, congrats to my man Brad Sweet 2 straight for him and KKR. Volusia can't come soon enough

I was going to post a clip, but the only thing interesting about it was how can these drivers see anything. Stupid dangerous.

Apparently they brought in new dirt and got the mix wrong. Badly wrong. Hopefully this isn't the same supplier for Bristol next spring, because anything like that would be an utter disaster.

Already looking forward to next season in February, but it is disappointing that WoO won't say something to own up the failure in Charlotte. People paid good money to attend that race during a pandemic. I would like to see them offer credit to live attendees for future events. Taking care of the loyal fanbase goes a long way, and they should not be taken for granted.

Apparently they brought in new dirt and got the mix wrong. Badly wrong. Hopefully this isn't the same supplier for Bristol next spring, because anything like that would be an utter disaster.

Already looking forward to next season in February, but it is disappointing that WoO won't say something to own up the failure in Charlotte. People paid good money to attend that race during a pandemic. I would like to see them offer credit to live attendees for future events. Taking care of the loyal fanbase goes a long way, and they should not be taken for granted.
I attended and honestly never thought about being given a credit. The show ran, it was dusty...real dusty Saturday. I think the best thing they can do is come out with a press release explaining what happened and how they plan to rectify going forward.
I had previously reallocated my 2020 tickets to 2021, and am now concerned that it won't be much better. The Charlotte track has always been dusty...just not this bad.

I attended and honestly never thought about being given a credit. The show ran, it was dusty...real dusty Saturday. I think the best thing they can do is come out with a press release explaining what happened and how they plan to rectify going forward.
I had previously reallocated my 2020 tickets to 2021, and am now concerned that it won't be much better. The Charlotte track has always been dusty...just not this bad.
did you see a water truck all night?

I had missed this when it was announced. Will be interesting to see how he does full-time. He'd pretty much done all he could do with the All-Stars.

I had missed this when it was announced. Will be interesting to see how he does full-time. He'd pretty much done all he could do with the All-Stars.

Definitely shaping up to be a strong championship battle at least 5 or 6 guys in the running

I was very impressed with the amount of merch trailers at Dodge City.

He's referencing the top speed reached. Swindell qualified at an average of 138 MPH, 13.860.

Back
Top Bottom