World of Outlaws 2020

some of the pre race stuff is already posted on another thread. It isn't WoO.
I'm getting ready to go race slot cars, but when I get back around midnight I will check in here to see if any results are posted.

I'm getting ready to go race slot cars, but when I get back around midnight I will check in here to see if any results are posted.
Check miscellaneous sprint and midget thread that's where it will be

I think they need a separate section to put the fans who test positive. Have a Covid refreshment area, covid restrooms etc.
Anyone testing positive cannot be admitted to the facility.

Furthermore they should be assigned a contact tracer and made to isolate at home. Immediately.

Anyone testing positive cannot be admitted to the facility.

Furthermore they should be assigned a contact tracer and made to isolate at home. Immediately.
way too late for that. Probably would have worked in the first week or two.

Why is it too late to prevent an infected person from spreading the virus?

It was weird watching the makeup feature, seeing Sweet win and Schatz finish 18th, thinking "Wow, this another big result for Sweet in the championship battle", and then realizing that the results will mean nothing in the title hunt for these races at Jackson.

Why is it too late to prevent an infected person from spreading the virus?
here is what they are going to do. To my knowledge nobody is using contract tracing and making anybody stay in quarantine it's voluntary. I was being a bit facetious but I do watch my state's figures without the drama of the news.

It was weird watching the makeup feature, seeing Sweet win and Schatz finish 18th, thinking "Wow, this another big result for Sweet in the championship battle", and then realizing that the results will mean nothing in the title hunt for these races at Jackson.
good point, I about fell out of the chair when Sweet lapped Schatz

here is what they are going to do. To my knowledge nobody is using contract tracing and making anybody stay in quarantine it's voluntary. I was being a bit facetious but I do watch my state's figures without the drama of the news.

I wish them well.

No state or province is safe.

I'm trying not to dwell on it too much. I think outdoor events with limited attendance and deliberate spacing make sense. People jammed together in a crowd acting like everything is normal, that's just arrogant IMO.

I'm glad WoO signals that they take these matters seriously. That is a Herculean effort they are talking about for a short track race. Meanwhile USAC and other major sanctions really are just acting like it's business as usual. I guess it comes down to how prevalent (or not) asymptomatic transmission actually is.

Schuchart lost the lead to Haudenschild and Sweet at different points, but passed them both back and takes the big win. Seven lead changes in the 35 laps.

A lot of wheel to wheel racing
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Jackson Motorplex, June 27, 2020 | HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited:
The huge payday they had planned was not sustainable given Ohio restrictions and where the situation with the virus is headed. They had been trying to get approved to operate at under 18% of attendance capacity. No go.

Damn. Well I think all of these major venues and events are doing the best they can, and the normal purses for the Royal and Nationals were not sustainable. I'm thankful for all of the racing we have. It is being replaced with a $50,000 to win event (the Nationals has been paying $125,000 to win).

Im there (Knoville) for 2 weeks starting after the All Star show at Husets on the 2nd, . I hope I can score the tickets, otherwise it will be Dirtvision on the TV two blocks south of Knoxvillle Raceway. Got my 360s..

First ever elimination feature. Pretty cool
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Cedar Lake Speedway, July 2, 2020 | HIGHLIGHTS

First ever elimination feature. Pretty cool
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Cedar Lake Speedway, July 2, 2020 | HIGHLIGHTS

Didnt seem to change much other then taking away the factor of lap traffic

Mark Dobmeier took a nasty spill in Heat 3 while battling for the transfer spot with Shane Stewart. They cut away from the shot of the car, and Stewart came over to try to assist as they put Dobmeier onto a stretcher. Hopefully he will be okay.

WoO sprints and late models went 75 laps with no cautions for both of their features at Cedar Lake (35 laps for the sprints and 40 for the late models). Both races were quite good with battles for that lead. Brad Sweet won after chasing down Carson Macedo.

Reminder that tonight's races are airing live on CBS Sports Network coming up at the top of the hour.

ya got to watch Brad Sweet what a run
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Cedar Lake Speedway, July 4, 2020 | HIGHLIGHTS

Sweet drives for Kasey Kahne. Carson Macedo is Larson's driver in the #2.

Sweet is really dominant right now. I expect Schatz will get it figured out at some point this year and make a run, but right now Sweet is the man.

Had a feeling those cautions were going to help Sweet make a charge. He sure took advantage.

CBSSN’s broadcasts have gotten better each of the last two weeks. Hopefully they pick up a few more events.

Updates to the schedule for more of the year.

Races on west coast are cancelled and they plan to try to fill that time with races cancelled earlier in the year.

So this fall, the World of Outlaws will not be racing at Black Hills Speedway (Aug. 28), Big Sky Speedway (Aug. 29), Skagit Speedway (Sept. 4-5), Grays Harbor Raceway (Sept. 7), Willamette Speedway (Sept. 9), Silver Dollar Speedway (Sept. 11-12), Stockton Dirt Track (Sept. 18) or Calistoga Speedway (Sept. 19).

Understandable, the NW swing was tough on teams even under normal conditions. Still a bummer for fans in my neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom