World of Outlaws 2021

Afternoon racing today, weather looks cooperative, I think?

This was a wild one. Couple of big wrecks. Kahne was running in the top five and then got together with Gio Scelzi, who caught some serious air time and flipped into the fence. He was being attended to, hope he is OK. Schatz was dominant until he suddenly broke with two laps to go, handing the win to Logan Schuchart. Danny Dietrich comes home a strong second, Eliason third, then Gravel, Sweet, and Macedo.

Major bummer for Schatz, who is still looking for his 300th series victory. Nobody had anything for him until that.

Posse better be scared as fast as DD looks so far

Posse better be scared as fast as DD looks so far

Helps to hone your skills against the national guys. He really holds his own, wondering if he will do one of the tours at some point.

Helps to hone your skills against the national guys. He really holds his own, wondering if he will do one of the tours at some point.
He just had his first kid but I think he would be competitive he went out with the all stars last year before Pa reopened racing was top 3 I believe in points with a win. Out of all the current Posse he is the most willing to travel to races.

Scelzi is OK. Would like to see a clip of the crash now, because it kinda seemed like Kahne got screwed out of a top five run by it.

I never understood why they scheduled these races in the middle of February.

I am not sure I did the right thing , but I scratched going to
the WoO Sprints at my home dirt track of Dixie Speedway in
favor of watching the Daytona Truck race live. GO DEEGAN !

I am not sure I did the right thing , but I scratched going to
the WoO Sprints at my home dirt track of Dixie Speedway in
favor of watching the Daytona Truck race live. GO DEEGAN !

You did the right thing only because WoO canceled due to the weather.

There is considerable whining over this announcement. Makes perfect sense to me, and no, I won't miss "the local guys" trying to make a name for themselves at Bristol that weekend.

“You wanted the best ... you’ve got ‘em 4 abreast!”

There is considerable whining over this announcement. Makes perfect sense to me, and no, I won't miss "the local guys" trying to make a name for themselves at Bristol that weekend.

Much like when I saw someone making their 410 debut at World Finals somethings you have to build towards. It wouldn't even be "locals" anyway other then Sammy Swindell and maybe a couple others you don't have many southeast Sprint car names. As far as I know there isn't a track that runs 410s in the southeast as a class.

Johnny basically lists the fields of the Outlaws and the All Stars and a couple more. I'd add in maybe Freddie Rahmer and Lance Dewease, guys with some experience at a faster 410 track like Port Royal.

I don't think they will set sprint car speed records at Bristol this year, as the banking is a lot lower and there are more rules in place now like weight rules. Most track records date back to the early to mid aughts. It's still going to be bad fast.

Johnny basically lists the fields of the Outlaws and the All Stars and a couple more. I'd add in maybe Freddie Rahmer and Lance Dewease, guys with some experience at a faster 410 track like Port Royal.

Wow, was surprised to see Dave Blaney's name on his list. He has cut way back on dirt racing and I wasn't even sure we was going to run any this year other than the big Sharon race the have in his Dad's honor.

Wow, was surprised to see Dave Blaney's name on his list. He has cut way back on dirt racing and I wasn't even sure we was going to run any this year other than the big Sharon race the have in his Dad's honor.
The name I don't see is Smoke

I am not a winged sprint guy, but I would've thought that they would go quicker at Knoxville, than Bristol?

I am not a winged sprint guy, but I would've thought that they would go quicker at Knoxville, than Bristol?

Knoxville only has 8 degrees of banking. Eldora is definitely faster than Knoxville, track records in the 12's, though it's not usually near that fast.

Also, Bristol is larger at 0.533 of a mile. I believe the overall average lap speed record in a sprint car was set at a 5/8 mile somewhere.

Knoxville only has 8 degrees of banking. Eldora is definitely faster than Knoxville, track records in the 12's, though it's not usually near that fast.

Also, Bristol is larger at 0.533 of a mile. I believe the overall average lap speed record in a sprint car was set at a 5/8 mile somewhere.
Yep Rolling Wheels 145 mph

Good call by them with Bristol. The speed potential is going to be insane. For anyone who has attended Eldora, it’s the most violent wrecks I’ve ever seen in person.

I don’t even know why they have these west coast tracks on the schedule when they’ll continue to get cancelled. Maybe in 2023 they’ll run a few.

Yep. #DeathSantis says it's just the flu. No mask needed either. Vaccine available for highest bidder.
My same response continues. We in Florida are doing better not only in the number of cases but economically than the average of the rest of the states. I just don't understand how you can be critical of a governor that is doing a good job.

Back
Top Bottom