World of Outlaws 2021

Were going to Bristol WoO sprints next week. Have they updated whos coming for sure. It appears some teams are dropping...
I haven't seen any update but you'll definitely have the regulars

I haven't seen any update but you'll definitely have the regulars
Oh, I know thats a given, but, Id like to at least have a chance at a B Main car count for the effort were putting in to get there.

Oh, I know thats a given, but, Id like to at least have a chance at a B Main car count for the effort were putting in to get there.

I haven't seen any updates. There were 38 on the first invite list that WoO released. I bet the final car count won't be less than 34.

Too bad these canceled events are so far from other events that are on for the weekend. Wonder if any of the WoO teams will turn up elsewhere.

Too bad these canceled events are so far from other events that are on for the weekend. Wonder if any of the WoO teams will turn up elsewhere.
Screenshot_20210416-164359_Facebook.jpg

No Brian Brown..

Oh, I wasn't aware. I wondered about him since he's usually a Knoxville weekly competitor, and they are racing this weekend. He's also had an awful start to the season.

Oh, I wasn't aware. I wondered about him since he's usually a Knoxville weekly competitor, and they are racing this weekend. He's also had an awful start to the season.
I think he /was already down there as he won a heat race at Millbridge last night according to twitter.

Kyle Larson will make World of Outlaws 2021 debut at Bristol Motor Speedway​

“It’s going to be ultra-fast racing for sure,” Larson said. “I mean you’ve got sprint cars at over 900 horsepower weighing 1,400 pounds vs. a Cup car at 3,500 pounds and around 750 horsepower. I think lap times will be crazy fast — like 12 seconds. I still think it’ll be fairly similar to other half-miles, though. I just don’t think the pace will slow off as much as it does at other places because you have the banking and the load to carry speed throughout the night.”

Kyle Larson will make World of Outlaws 2021 debut at Bristol Motor Speedway​

“It’s going to be ultra-fast racing for sure,” Larson said. “I mean you’ve got sprint cars at over 900 horsepower weighing 1,400 pounds vs. a Cup car at 3,500 pounds and around 750 horsepower. I think lap times will be crazy fast — like 12 seconds. I still think it’ll be fairly similar to other half-miles, though. I just don’t think the pace will slow off as much as it does at other places because you have the banking and the load to carry speed throughout the night.”

12 seconds!? Oh my god that's above Eldora speed. I'll say when you go to Eldora one thing you feel at the track is pure fear, the wrecks are so so violent that it absolutely raises your adrenaline levels as a fan

12 seconds!? Oh my god that's above Eldora speed. I'll say when you go to Eldora one thing you feel at the track is pure fear, the wrecks are so so violent that it absolutely raises your adrenaline levels as a fan

Sammy's fastest clocked lap in 2000 / 2001 was a 13.86. They are unlikely to be faster than that (or as fast) with the lower banking and weight rules now that weren't in place then. Larson was shooting from the hip.

Sammy's fastest clocked lap in 2000 / 2001 was a 13.86. They are unlikely to be faster than that (or as fast) with the lower banking and weight rules now that weren't in place then. Larson was shooting from the hip.
You have to think though that engineering gains we've made, more money in the sport, can get those lap times. Last year they set records for lap times at Eldora

You have to think though that engineering gains we've made, more money in the sport, can get those lap times. Last year they set records for lap times at Eldora

True, they are just starting to top some records again that were set during the early- to mid-00s. I would be surprised if they can beat Swindell's times from back then, but they will probably be close when with the disadvantages I mentioned.

"We were going 168 miles an hour, top speed back in 2000 and 2001 when we were there," Schatz said. "What are we going to be now? There's all these questions because we've had a lot of time to think about it.

"It's not that I'm scared to race a Sprint Car because we do it every night, but we’re pushing the envelope more than ever before," Sweet said. "We can say we were there 20 years ago, but the engines have gained a bit of horsepower since then, parts and pieces have changes, the package has gotten lighter and tires are different.

"We don't want the track wide open, fast, like hammer down, lots of grip because we're going to be going extremely fast," Gravel said. "Our cars aren't built like a NASCAR, you know what I mean?

"They don't have the safety that a cup car does or, or stuff like that. Our engines run better than ever. We make a lot of horsepower and our cars are light. It's going to be really, really fast..

True, they are just starting to top some records again that were set during the early- to mid-00s. I would be surprised if they can beat Swindell's times from back then, but they will probably be close when with the disadvantages I mentioned.
It's really crazy how much we are drifting into "NASCAR" territory with this series. These haulers are just absurdly big and the tracks they run at consistently are getting richer and richer hosting them. Eldora is already a legitimate NASCAR arena, even small places like Attica have Whelen caution lights and a video board anymore.

I was at Pennsboro when they brought a Sprint Car race in. He was one of last qualifier's and smoked the RR for two whole laps. The place went wild. Don't remember if in 80's or early 90's.

Very good and racey main event after the preliminary racing was single file on the bottom. In the feature drivers were able to use the top to make passes, and a lot were made. Gravel wins, with Reutzel charging from ninth to finish second. Reutzel was set to pass Gravel in lapped traffic when a caution saved Gravel with five to go. Macedo finishes third, followed by Sam Hafertape, Schatz, and Larson.

Fantastic to be here to witness. We watched everything from the top of the CJB trailer. Nobody was touching Gravel last night, even without the caution. When he passed Hafertape jr in turn 4, he put 6 to 7 car lengths between him just on the frontstretch. Everyone was racing as safely as they could and weren't taking too many chances. A crash here would not be good. Even the little crash with Sunshine wrecked alot of components. Everyone fought the car bottoming out on practice night from the downforce. Looks like a Sunday afternoon race maybe to finish.

The track was even faster today because of the rain yesterday.

Unfortunately that also means it is more one-groove thus far. Hopefully by the time of the feature, it has widened out and blown off a little.

Back
Top Bottom