World of Outlaws 2021

Plymouth Wisconsin? How was it? I'm going there for IRA sprint cars while I'm out at Road America

Plymouth, IN. It was great, bull ring track with inside and outside lines working at different times throughout the night.

Plymouth, IN. It was great, bull ring track with inside and outside lines working at different times throughout the night.
Ah I think it was All Stars who were there recently...

Sweet ends a nine race drought without a podium by winning at 34 Raceway. He passed early leader Carson Macedo, and they traded the lead back and forth until Sweet pulled away. Macedo second, Gravel third.

Schatz finally gets series win #300, and his first victory of the season at Dubuque. Lots of blown tires and carnage in this race, affecting Gravel, Reutzel, Sweet, and Macedo.

James McFadden finishes second, and Kerry Madsen third.

Tears and choked up in victory lane, clearly it means a lot to him.

Really hate the times when the WoO and ASCoC features are starting at the same time.

The entire night went without a single caution - heats, dash, lcs, and 40 lap main event. No shortage of action though in a torrid race. Haudencshild wins, with Gio Scelzi second, Gravel third, Sweet fourth, and Macedo fifth.

Quite anxious for Husets on Monday and Tuesday. Drove thru the track this morning and its looking exceptionally nice. Weekly show tonight there, but you can still turn in to Dirtvision to watch sunday nights race also.. New campground in phenomenal for as sort of a time as they put it together..

David Gravel withstands heavy pressure from Donny Schatz to win night one at Huset's. Kerry Madsen continues to be strong in the #14 finishing third, Brad Sweet fourth, and Kyle Larson is human and finishes fifth.

Had a good time tonight at my home track. (10 miles) Gravel wasnt going to be denied, but it appears Donny has gotten some mojo back with his win last week and looks not only strong but also determined. I think there will be a few less cars tomorrow from chatting in the pits. Hopefully, the track is a bit racier tomorrow. Its a cool 50 degrees here now, and they started farming the track during the VL interviews.

Main event coming up.

Larson missed the dash tonight and will start 11th. So did last night's winner Gravel. This is a long 50 lap race though, with a scheduled break for fuel at lap 30. Not a big fan of that, but the racing should be great.

Macedo lap 2 turn one hooks a wheel and fly's up to the top rung of the fence backwards, and comes back to finish 14th

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at Huset’s Speedway June 22, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

I don't agree with standard WoO format of starting fastest guys up front but tonight's format is brutal. Doesn't Knoxville only invert 6 for the Nationals?

Dumb format. I think they did this last year too, and thus it became a show up points only event. Is that happening again?

Now Sweet is making it look easy in his heat, possibly going last to first. Track is widening for sure. I still think the format isn't well thought out, bit Sweet is certainly making it entertaining.

Incredible run by Kerry Madsen from 14th starting position to win the first night at Jackson. Schuchart finishes second and Gravel third.

The track was excellent for the feature, hopefully it's like that for the remaining nights.

Safe to say, the Fords liked Jackson tonight. Fun to watch. Interesting to watch it unfold. Cream still rises to the top.

Good race, beautiful track. Madsen would not be denied

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at Jackson Motorplex, June 24, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

Track is really narrow for these early heats, and thus the goofy invert format is penalizing the fast qualifiers and rewarding whoever starts up front. Lame.

Same as last night, by heats 3 and 4 passing is possible, and the fast cars can come through.

Kerry Madsen is clearly the best car in the field for the second straight night. He drove from the back to win his heat, got a bad draw for the dash and started on the last row, but it didn't matter, as he wins again. Macedo second, Schuchart third, Sweet fourth, Shane Golobic fifth.

Logan Schuchart passes David Gravel on a lap 6 restart and proceeds to dominate the rest of the race, winning his second straight Jackson Nationals. Gravel finishes second, Sweet third, Kerry Madsen fourth, Macedo fifth.

50,000 dollar payday for Logan Schuchart

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at Jackson Motorplex, June 27, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

Major drama and IMPLICATIONS with one lap to go at Cedar Lake tonight, as Schuchart and Gravel lose tires while running in the top five. Then on the GWC restart, Brad Sweet steals the lead from Carson Macedo and wins. Macedo second, Reutzel third, Haudenschild fourth, and Jason Sides with a great fifth place finish for him.

Sweet showed speed for a change. He ran second most of the race and got stronger when the track slicked off. a fortunate late caution gave Sweet a lane on the restart and he took it and the race with 2 to go.

Again tonight it was Sweet chasing Macedo, but Sweet passed him much earlier, and led the final half of the race. Macedo did keep in touch and made it somewhat close at the end in traffic. However, nobody appears to have anything for Sweet at Cedar Lake, as he has now won five WoO races in a row here.

1. Sweet
2. Macedo
3. Scelzi
4. Schuchart
5. Gravel

Back
Top Bottom