Xfinity 500 from Martinsville Speedway Pre-Race Thread

I was actually planning on making it to this race earlier in the year, but this car on short tracks makes me not want to make the 8 hour drive. Hopefully they fix the racing here. Top 3 track on the circuit.

If I had planned on going, I'd probably still go. Bristol and Martinsville are two tracks I'd love to go back to.

I was actually planning on making it to this race earlier in the year, but this car on short tracks makes me not want to make the 8 hour drive. Hopefully they fix the racing here. Top 3 track on the circuit.
I was there in April. I really enjoyed the race, for some reason. It's about a 45 min drive for us.We've gone to about 20 races in Martinsville. The trick is we wait till about 30 mins before the race starts before leaving home, we hit no traffic but we miss the 1st 20 or 30 laps. Definitely heading up today and tomorrow.
Not too concerned right now but local weather here Greensboro area is calling for a high of 59 tomorrow and 30% chance of rain in the evening.

1667046919194.png

Reactions: Pat
Kinda the same story for me...my buddies backed out, so I thought about going solo or with my wife but given the short track racing this season, I decided to pass.

No tire falloff. Blaney and Elliott were only like 2 tenths off after 45 laps

Kinda the same story for me...my buddies backed out, so I thought about going solo or with my wife but given the short track racing this season, I decided to pass.
It's only a 2 hour drive for me and the short track package is so bad I wouldn't consider going

9,11, 12 looking like the cars to beat
How could you even tell. When you have 10 cars within a 10th of each other, and a tenth fall off after 50 laps, the "cars to the beat" are the cars who qualifying up front, have the best chance of leaving pit road with the lead, and the teams who make minimal pit road mistakes.

Pure track position bull****tery. Having a car to beat here means jack, and letting a race like THAT be the deciding factor for who makes the finale is just stupid, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Larson, you know what to do when the green flag drops tomorrow. Thanks bro

All Hendrick front row Larson, Elliott in front of a flock of Fords headed by
1667066497583.png
Chase Briscoe. Somebody tell the Yotas there is a race Sunday.

1667066635382.png

It would be great for SHR to be in the final 4 after all the struggles they've been through since the start of 2021.

Larson gave the 9 the #1 pit stall lol

HMS should be fined, right? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I was actually wondering to myself if this was a possibility cause I thought I remembered someone else doing that in recent memory

Made a last-minute decision to go up tomorrow solo but the seat selection keeps telling me "Your request would have stranded a single seat". wth
Whenever I've had that issue I just call the ticket office and tell them what seat I'm trying to buy and they can bypass that on their end

I am absolutely livid about this blatant "points shaving" scheme. I am angry and disappointed that Rick Hendrick and HMS would stoop so low. I am angry and disappointed that NASCAR didn't prevent it from happening.

As @AdoubleU24 mentioned earlier, it happened before... Hamlin won pole at the 2018 Homestead finale and Pious Joe Gibbs ordered Hamlin to pass the #1 pit stall to Kyle Busch, who qualified P2. NASCAR should have prevented it then, and they should have prevented it now. And failing to do the right thing in 2018 is no excuse for repeating the sin and turning a blind eye to team orders that flaunt the 100% rule and blatantly favor one car over another.

In the NASCAR Pick 'Em game, I had saved Chase Elliott specifically for this race. As a protest against this race manipulation attempt by Rick Hendrick, I will park the #9 car for the year. Harrison Burton, you are my new guy for Martinsville, and I won't pick an HMS car for Phoenix either.

And to my friends here at R-F, where is the outrage against this cheating... whether you're a Chase Elliott fan or not? SMDH.

Well the 5 car still has an opening at pit exit just like stall 1, kinda hard to make a case here that they’re violating a 100% rule.

Excited for this one today. Can’t believe it’s the penultimate( I remember a time the Nascar media abused this word for a few years, now I hardly see them use it) race of the year already, where the hell did the season go?

I am absolutely livid about this blatant "points shaving" scheme. I am angry and disappointed that Rick Hendrick and HMS would stoop so low. I am angry and disappointed that NASCAR didn't prevent it from happening.

As @AdoubleU24 mentioned earlier, it happened before... Hamlin won pole at the 2018 Homestead finale and Pious Joe Gibbs ordered Hamlin to pass the #1 pit stall to Kyle Busch, who qualified P2. NASCAR should have prevented it then, and they should have prevented it now. And failing to do the right thing in 2018 is no excuse for repeating the sin and turning a blind eye to team orders that flaunt the 100% rule and blatantly favor one car over another.

In the NASCAR Pick 'Em game, I had saved Chase Elliott specifically for this race. As a protest against this race manipulation attempt by Rick Hendrick, I will park the #9 car for the year. Harrison Burton, you are my new guy for Martinsville, and I won't pick an HMS car for Phoenix either.

And to my friends here at R-F, where is the outrage against this cheating... whether you're a Chase Elliott fan or not? SMDH.

There is no rule that the pole sitter has to take stall one, in fact some crew chiefs actually seem to prefer the last stall. Bedsides, the 5 team OWES the 9 team a couple after what has transpired this season. Chase's point cushion would be a lot bigger if Kyle could have kept his car under control better.

Back
Top Bottom