Xfinity RACE thread -- Darlington

Hamlin played too nice with Chastain in the closing laps.

He actually raced him instead of simply wrecking him/blocking him in a stupid manner like we see at 'Dega and Daytona far too often. Those last 10 laps were so refreshing. The give and take while still being aggressive has been a bit of lost art in NASCAR the last 5-10 years.

They made a video on YouTube about the worst drivers in Nascar. Brandon Jones was #1 on that list. He's won 3 times since.

Have to respect it though.

I gained a lot of respect for Denny today, he really did the best he could to keep it clean.

I still have no respect for Denny, but I'll give him credit, he raced Chastain clean. That's good hard racing.

Chastain is a loser. For a guy that races super aggressive and beats fenders, he can never finish. Hamlin drove into that corner way too hard and Ross couldn't capitalize.

Hamlin played too nice with Chastain in the closing laps.

I called it Yarborough/Allison II but on second thought there was no f**ky-f**ky goin on there, that was just hard-ass racin takin both out of the win.

Darlington is truly hallowed ground. There should be three races a year there minimum.

He actually raced him instead of simply wrecking him/blocking him in a stupid manner like we see at 'Dega and Daytona far too often. Those last 10 laps were so refreshing. The give and take while still being aggressive has been a bit of lost art in NASCAR the last 5-10 years.
I felt there were multiple times when Chastain was so wrecking loose that Hamlin could have simply drove around him, but instead choose to stay on his bumper.

They made a video on YouTube about the worst drivers in Nascar. Brandon Jones was #1 on that list. He's won 3 times since.
He's a great opportunist honestly. All four of his Xfinity wins he hasn't led more than 25 laps. He was staying pretty consistently about 2 seconds back from Hamlin that whole run, just staying within striking distance.

I still have no respect for Denny, but I'll give him credit, he raced Chastain clean. That's good hard racing.

Chastain is a loser. For a guy that races super aggressive and beats fenders, he can never finish. Hamlin drove into that corner way too hard and Ross couldn't capitalize.
Can't be mad at either for racing hard here.

It was a ton of fun watching them race to the end like this, Chastain is showing how good he is. Just he didn't make that crossover in time, which sucks but hey, we got another memorable Xfinity race here at Darlington this year. Ross wasn't even mad because he knows he's responsible for what he does behind the wheel.

Yeah Denny raced it clean, tried to stay off of him, nothing to be mad about. Ross had to know he was going to slide job/wall check him, all he had to was pull low but was running too hard high line and hit the wall himself, ran into the back of him, needed to setup the crossover.

I felt there were multiple times when Chastain was so wrecking loose that Hamlin could have simply drove around him, but instead choose to stay on his bumper.

Boy I don’t know.

Even though Ross said Denny was faster I really think Denny got very loose late and that is what impeded his car enough to make passing so hard.

I called it Yarborough/Allison II but on second thought there was no f**ky-f**ky goin on there, that was just hard-ass racin takin both out of the win.

Darlington is truly hallowed ground. There sure be three races a year there minimum.

I have to think we're trending towards the return of a spring race at Darlington? Would make for the perfect "weeknight" kickoff race in mid-May assuming they'll be 3-4 such events in 2021.

I have to think we're trending towards the return of a spring race at Darlington? Would make for the perfect "weeknight" kickoff race in mid-May assuming they'll be 3-4 such events in 2021.

One of the worst decisions NASCAR ever made was dropping the spring race (Rebel 400). The Southern 500 belongs on Labor Day Sunday.

Adding one in late April (Masters-type weather) or early May seems like a no-brainer but then NASCAR often shows they have no brains.

Whew great race
1599332581239.png

One of the worst decisions NASCAR ever made was dropping the spring race (Rebel 400). The Southern 500 belongs on Labor Day Sunday.

Adding one in late April (Masters-type weather) or early May seems like a no-brainer but then NASCAR often shows they have no brains.
I don't think that has been happening anymore since they are under new management

Back
Top Bottom