Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona Road Course

Has anyone ran the numbers on rain delays this year? It’s got to be a record this is unreal.

It's pouring here in Central Florida, more rain is on the way to Daytona.

I heard thunder, if it gets there in time... It will more than likely cause a delay.

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
Sure wish that cloud/rain was here. Hit 111* yesterday --- probably again today.

West is getting slammed. Was 106 yesterday here in the Sierra Foothills and they shut down the grid for two hours due to overload.

Could be worse tho, they calling for 124 today at Furnace Creek.

Who was the sh!1 for brains that came up with these start times...

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
I woke up from my nap just in time :(

A light drizzle throughout the rest of the day would work.

Keep it greasy.

Scattered showers in the Finger Lakes region where this race would have been run if not for COVID.

Summer pop-ups in central eastern Alabama around Barber.

Pouring T-storms at Road Atlanta.

Pop-ups at VIR.

Scattered T-storms at the Charlotte Roval.

An orange cell just moved out of Mid-Ohio.

Lightning last week at Road America; no reason to think the chances aren't the same this weekend.

So, smart guys, where would y'all have run this?

Summer afternoon in Florida thunderstorm. Genius media planning here.

Scattered showers in the Finger Lakes region where this race would have been run if not for COVID.

Summer pop-ups in central eastern Alabama around Barber.

Pouring T-storms at Road Atlanta.

Pop-ups at VIR.

Scattered T-storms at the Charlotte Roval.

An orange cell just moved out of Mid-Ohio.

Lightning last week at Road America; no reason to think the chances aren't the same this weekend.

So, smart guys, where would y'all have run this?

Complaining about the start times is wayyyyy down on the list of stuff that matters to me, but I have a question:

On a typical August day in Florida, what are the chances of rain usually around noon? What are the chances of rain at 3pm? What are the chances of rain at 7pm?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

Complaining about the start times is wayyyyy down on the list of stuff that matters to me, but I have a question:

On a typical August day in Florida, what are the chances of rain usually around noon? What are the chances of rain at 3pm? What are the chances of rain at 7pm?

What day? I heard somewhere it rains more on Mondays :punkrocke

I'm also pretty sure you already know TV sets the schedule, not NASCAR or the track. It's their broadcast window. Apparently they feel they can draw a larger audience with a delayed mid-afternoon race than one that starts on time at noon.

What day? I heard somewhere it rains more on Mondays :punkrocke

Not a specific day of the week, obviously. Just generally speaking.

I'm also pretty sure you already know TV sets the schedule, not NASCAR or the track. It's their broadcast window. Apparently they feel they can draw a larger audience with a delayed mid-afternoon race than one that starts on time at noon.

Yeah, which is why I don't really complain about the start times very often, but you would think a little common sense would play into the decision making process. TV might pay the bills, but NASCAR still runs the show.

But no, TV's gotta "capture that California market" :rolleyes:

Not a specific day of the week, obviously. Just generally speaking.

I was kidding. As far as I am concerned, Weather predictors should be wearing this when guessing about the weather

1597521903523.png

I was kidding. As far as I am concerned, Weather predictors should be wearing this when guessing about the weather

View attachment 48566

Hell, even the "experts" aren't good at predicting the weather, but there are trends and history that NASCAR/TV chooses to ignore. That seems foolish to me, but it's not my call so I don't typically worry about it. But it would be a much bigger inconvenience for fans in attendance, if there were any of course.

Back
Top Bottom