Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

Busch Wackers defeated! Way to go Ryan Reed!!!!!

Good for Reed, not a fan of a Ford winning but he drove well all day and held off Kahne on that last lap like a pro.

I really like the 5 minute rule and think it's one of the best rules NASCAR has made. Really keeps the non competitive cars off the track and shows off how good your out crew is. Don't really see any negatives in that rule.

As for the segments I do think they need some tweeking but I like the points for the stage winners. I think it would be better if they just drove on through the stage flag and NASCAR tally up the points with out going g to caution. Not really the best track to showcase the new format with Daytona being unpredictable so I think we'll get a better look see as to how the format will work next week at Atlanta.

So between the 2 main races so far, daytona looks like a crapshoot race still.

I really like the 5 minute rule and think it's one of the best rules NASCAR has made. Really keeps the non competitive cars off the track and shows off how good your out crew is. Don't really see any negatives in that rule.

Are you serious??? Most short tracks I go to wouldn't have let some of those wounded cars go out on the track after the damage they received. There were a lot of really ****** repair jobs out there that made cars noncompetitive and unsafe.

Are you serious??? Most short tracks I go to wouldn't have let some of those wounded cars go out on the track after the damage they received. There were a lot of really ****** repair jobs out there that made cars noncompetitive and unsafe.
I'll ask again: was that due to the 5-minute rule or the no-body-panel-replacements rule?

Oh, and they weren't noncompetitive; they ran minimum speed. Don't tell me Austin Dillon was noncompetitive.

STOP!

You're wrong for that!
Sorry my man, but when Reed said that I couldn't take him seriously. He still is really not that good besides the plate tracks. Happy that he won, but there was still many cars better than him when it comes to the title

Maybe the days of pushing and shoving on plate tracks have come to an end
for at least the xfinity drivers. We will see what tomorrow brings.
That was a work out.

@Speedbowl14

Yeah you had bad repairs, that's the difference in a good pit crew and a bad one. Those bad repairs were still good enough to keep mandatory speed. Cars that couldn't are out, that's a good thing. You are always going to have damaged cars especially at Daytona and I think most the crews did a good job with repairs as there wasn't a lot of stuff falling cars and a some damaged cars were competitive. Would have bee much worse had the 5 minute rule not been implemented I think but we'll never know.

After the final big one, I sent my dad a text saying "Dangit, I was really rooting for Ryan Reed. Was stoked at the fact that he was able to come back a win. And thanks NASCAR for updating us about the drivers in the crash. I dont recall them showing a single bit of concern other than saying that Armstrong hadnt put down the window net. Way toleave us wondering...

And thanks NASCAR for updating us about the drivers in the crash. I dont recall them showing a single bit of concern other than saying that Armstrong hadnt put down the window net. Way toleave us wondering...

TV had more to about that than NASCAR. Had to get to the Supercross as they ran long. Had it been regular circumstances I'm sure they're give updates as they usually do. Personally I like knowing everything is ok with the drivers but I never worry about it as those drivers know what they signed up for. NASCAR does a great job with safety and Daytona really test it.

Wish Kasey had gotten another shot.

Yeah, why the hell is a Cupper running that thing anyway?
I've said many times I fully admit to being a hypocrite when it comes to Kasey in lower series. But this is one of 2 starts for him this year

Matt Tifft‏@matt_tifft 2h2 hours ago
I am back in Charlotte safe and healthy after a wild night, caught in the big one lost LR tire and wrecked at the finish line, still p11
1f643.png
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom