Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

He’s above the 2nd one and in first. So nah. Nice try.
Kyle+Larson+Justin+Haley+NASCAR+Xfinity+Series+GvGwi7tehGtl.jpg
Below the line before the finish line advancing position. You're wrong this time any any other time you post.

Cannot advance position when in P1.

P1 by an inch or by a fender is still P1.
They are moving a football field a second, he advanced his position in full motion, it doesnt matter where you take a picture what Matters is did his tires go below the line, Yes. End of story

Tell me what’s higher than first. I’ll wait.
Going from 3rd to first and going beneath the line is illegal at all times not a snap shot of when he started to pass for the lead. His momentum took him out of bounds. Wait all you want, your'e wrong

what Matters is did his tires go below the line, Yes. End of story
Incorrect.

What matters, by the rule, is if he advanced his position while under the double yellow lines. Which he did not. He was already in P1 prior to dipping under the yellow line.

NASCAR spent mere seconds reviewing the replay and made an incorrect call by their own rule.

Going from 3rd to first and going beneath the line is illegal at all times not a snap shot of when he started to pass for the lead. His momentum took him out of bounds. Wait all you want, your'e wrong

By the time he was under the 2nd line he already had the lead. So he didn’t advance any position under the yellow line. You can’t advance any higher than 1st. He went from 3rd to first while still on bounds. You’re wrong.

By the time he was under the 2nd line he already had the lead. So he didn’t advance any position under the yellow line. You can’t advance any higher than 1st. He went from 3rd to first while still on bounds. You’re wrong.
lol. ? Did you know if you go below the yellow line at ANY time during a race you get penalized? Thats right. You dont know because you well..... you dont know the rules which is obvious. I'll try to educate you one more time, it doesnt matter where his tires were when nosed in front he continued in motion and went below the line. There was no caution flag to freeze the field, he broke the rule.

lol. Did you know if you go below the yellow line at ANY time during a race you get penalized? Thats right. You dont know because you well..... you dont know the rules which is obvious. I'll try to educate you one more time, it doesnt matter where his tires were when nosed in front he continued in motion and went below the line. There was no caution flag to freeze the field, he broke the rule.

The rules you can’t ADVANCE your position, not that you can’t go under it.

During a race, under the green flag, you are considered to have improved your position when you have completed the pass or passes. Being an inch or a fender ahead of your competitor when the checkered or the yellow flies is a different matter altogether.

The young man went below the lines while improving his position. That’s a penalty.

LOL that is egregiously incorrect.
wanna bet? If you go below the yellow line and advance and dont give it back its a penalty on ANY lap. I'm in the business, you arent. Who knows better, me or you? Answer- Not you

If you go below the yellow line and advance and dont give it back its a penalty on ANY lap
This is not what you said just a few posts ago. Failed to mention “and advance”.

Justin did not go below the yellow line and advance his position, he went below the line after already advancing to P1.

With all of the controversy between fans and drivers, it is 100% clear that the yellow line rule is poorly written and managed.

Especially more so in a series where “names are made here” and first time victories for small teams that need the money and recognition are ripped away and given to a Cup driver with established teams.

It’s a damn disgrace.

No, that I disagree with. It is not a bad call because of who won and who lost. That kind of selective enforcement and favoritism is the one of the worst affronts to proper officiating. It wouldn't be a better or worse call if roles were reversed.

It is a poor rule for several reasons; foremost because it has been vaguely written in favor of "interpretation" and inconsistently enforced throughout its history. However, as the rule has been understood following the Regan Smith fiasco in 2008, last night's call was probably 'correct' in that it is basically in line with the close-to-zero-tolerance approach since that time. The rule still sucks. But they haven't messed up calling it as much in the past decade as they did in the prior one.

During a race, under the green flag, you are considered to have improved your position when you have completed the pass or passes. Being an inch or a fender ahead of your competitor when the checkered or the yellow flies is a different matter altogether.

The young man went below the lines while improving his position. That’s a penalty.
I wanna know where this is codified. For all intents and purposes NASCAR T&S counts a pass as being ahead by any amount at a scoring loop. Last lap caution goes to the video monitor. I have never heard or seen NASCAR define a pass or completed pass anywhere else.

This doesn’t seem to be anything more than a case where the rule is written to be open enough for several different interpretations to apply. It is certainly not what I have in mind when I first think of “position” in NASCAR.

Mike Joy‏Verified account @mikejoy500

In soccer, you would be correct. Most major US sports rule differently. In NFL if any part of the foot touches a boundary line: out-of-bounds. Nascar has repeatedly said the inside edge of the yellow lines is out of bounds. Treat it like a wall unless you are forced down there.
Um

NASCAR defines beneath the double yellow lines as follows: when the vehicle’s left side tires are beneath the left line of the inside double yellow lines that separates the apron from the racing surface while passing another vehicle.

Ugh. This is racing. Anyone who brings up soccer, football, etc. has already lost the argument. How "out of bounds" is determined in football is as relevant as figuring out how Kyle Busch is supposed to kick a field goal.

Can you offer a link to this statement, because I could not find those exact words in the rule book.
In the above clip above a strong warning is issued to stay above the yellow line, in addition to that it states that improving your position is a black flag and what can happen to a car that forces another car down below the yellow line. The last one BTW IMO is why there was room to drive a semi truck thru if Haley would have chosen to do so

Incorrect.

What matters, by the rule, is if he advanced his position while under the double yellow lines. Which he did not. He was already in P1 prior to dipping under the yellow line.

NASCAR spent mere seconds reviewing the replay and made an incorrect call by their own rule.
It was amazing how fast Nascar entered their judgment, wasn't it?

1. Sure, everyone else wrecked. But good finish and payday for Timmy Hill and the MBM team.
2. Why don't they just plant grass underneath the double yellow line in the tri-oval?

Back
Top Bottom