Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

Good job screenshotting the moment before he actually went below the line tho :XXROFL:

I agree it sucks.. he should have won.. but he didn't need to go down there and he did.

But to try to claim he didn't.. well that's just false.

He's still the winner in my books. Although.. I don't have books :lol2:
Yes, because that is a point at which he had obtained the lead. If the caution lights came on right then he would've won the race. He was in 1st place. NASCAR does not define "completing the pass", so I can only assume that being in 1st at all would be good enough to satisfy the term. Anything subsequent to that moment would be inconsequential.

If that is true, it is a bad application of a bad rule.

Yes, because that is a point at which he had obtained the lead. If the caution lights came on right then he would've won the race. He was in 1st place. NASCAR does not define "completing the pass", so I can only assume that being in 1st at all would be good enough to satisfy the term. Anything subsequent to that moment would be inconsequential.

Totally agree, this is something which NASCAR has proved they are inconsistent on among many rules they have in their gray book.

ah the ol bumper ahead argument. I hope in the real world you don't cut over into the other lane and tell the officer, Hey I was past the guy when I ran him off the road. Nope you were still making a pass.

ah the ol bumper ahead argument. I hope in the real world you don't cut over into the other lane and tell the officer, Hey I was past the guy when I ran him off the road. Nope you were still making a pass.
Still a bogus rule, another NASCAR apologist.

"The rule states if you advance your position,"

"It’s a rule, and I’m glad to see NASCAR stay behind their rules on restrictor-plate racing, because if not, I think you’re going to see people take advantage of it," Sadler said. "So, I think they set a precedent again tonight making sure we all know we race above the yellow line. They tell us every single time restrictor-plate racing.

"A lot of times we get runs, especially down the backstretch here where it’s one of those things where you’ve got to put your lefts right on the line or over it, and you just can’t do it. Because you don’t want to put it in their hands."

Reactions: Pat
This has nothing to do with highway rules though. For sporting purposes, he had "completed the pass" - he was in 1st place. NASCAR has used loop data to inflate passing statistics at plate tracks for years now as the inching back and forth across the track in formation for three hours creates many "passes" at the T&S loops, despite very few actual passes being completed.

Such a shame.

I get that its the rule but, a car can fail post race inspection and keep the trophy but a driver cannot make a bold move coming to the flag to win without being stripped. Sounds about right.
that is only part of it, they lose points, they lose money, and the win does not count towards the end of the season's playoffs..see Joey Logano last year.

This has nothing to do with highway rules though. For sporting purposes, he had "completed the pass" - he was in 1st place. NASCAR has used loop data to inflate passing statistics at plate tracks for years now as the inching back and forth across the track in formation for three hours creates many "passes" at the T&S loops, despite very few actual passes being completed.

he advanced his position. It's not all e all e in free I'm in first place, it is the position, he went from third to first and doing so he went under the yellow line

Correct, but he still hoists the trophy.
uh nope not in every case
gettyimages-993148916-e1530933032145.jpg

It doesn't matter to me if there is a rule or there isn't a rule.. just so happens it is the rule. So Rookie mistake. He had the room to stay above the line. Also I can see the transition from the apron to the track is tricky. The apron is more of less flat while the track shoots upward. Nascar says it's a safety issure, so be it.

It was a good race though.

Key words: "If in NASCAR's JUDGEMENT...the vehicle(s) goes beneath the double yellow lines TO IMPROVE its position"

In a court of law, the proof would have to center on whether or not Haley went below the yellow lines TO IMPROVE his position.

From my observation, he did not go below the yellow lines to IMPROVE his position, because...he did not need to. NASCAR uses the nefarious "in NASCAR's judgement" as a trigger...

And at this point he was already P1.

He cannot advance his position while under the line if he is P1.

Bad rule. Awful call.

Especially more so in a series where “names are made here” and first time victories for small teams that need the money and recognition are ripped away and given to a Cup driver with established teams.

It’s a damn disgrace.

came from third to first, that's advancing his position. it's a moot point now, but those who delight in trying to make everything wrong there is more to come tonight. Gather at the rail around 7 ish to catch the race.

imo, the "below the yellow line" ruling that decided last night's race had less to do with the rule, the interpretation of the rule, or which way the wind was blowing as it did with the fact that the driver of the 24 car was Justin (who dat ?) Haley.

If it had been a top tier driver like, say, Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, or Tony Stewart, it's very likely that NASCAR would have found a way to interpret the rule differently or to just ignore it.

again, just my opinion . . .

Woah. That was a real "Game 7" moment. Sometimes, in a Game 7, you have to make a call - a judgement call. Was it a ball, or a strike? In this case, NASCAR, the umpires, had to make that call. They were as cool as the other side of the pillow - it was a strike. Drama.

It made you think about what position is. Is it a spot in the running order? Is it space on the track measured by inches? Feet? Did he advance position forward by gaining a few inches sideways on the apron? Even if he didn't pass on the apron, he probably gained position. I think position can mean a lot of things. Same with advance.

Maybe most importantly, it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

I had to turn off after the last wreck and didn't see the finish live.
After having seen it now, I think the penalty against Haley was correct as he clearly moved below the yellow line before completing the pass.

I love the IRONY displayed by many in this thread.

"I hate this wreck-fest, what a clusterf**k."

And then a moment later...

"It's stupid to have a rule that you can't race on the apron or the grass."

I love the IRONY displayed by many in this thread.

"I hate this wreck-fest, what a clusterf**k."

And then a moment later...

"It's stupid to have a rule that you can't race on the apron or the grass."
Nothing ironic about it. They'll tear up over half the field with or without an imaginary boundary. In some cases (Edwards/Keselowski, Earnhardt/Vickers) the boundary causes the wreck or would have if the other driver didn't cave (Smith/Stewart, Stenhouse/Busch).

You guys can complain all you want but every driver and spotter in the drivers meetings were shown videos and WARNED what not to do and what was acceptable. He broke the rule, its that simple. The rule is in place for a reason just like plates at these races are on the cars for a reason. Sucks for Haley and NASCAR because I can assure you they would have loved to have him win it over Larson. The rule is in black, white and yellow.

You guys can complain all you want but every driver and spotter in the drivers meetings were shown videos and WARNED what not to do and what was acceptable. He broke the rule, its that simple. The rule is in place for a reason just like plates at these races are on the cars for a reason. Sucks for Haley and NASCAR because I can assure you they would have loved to have him win it over Larson. The rule is in black, white and yellow.

That won't stop em ha ha It's true though. It's been a rule for years. They will be assembling at the rail in a bit and I guarantee they will find something else that "isn't right" tonight. It's PLATE racing. :D

That won't stop em ha ha It's true though. It's been a rule for years. They will be assembling at the rail in a bit and I guarantee they will find something else that "isn't right" tonight. It's PLATE racing. :D
I love the still shots of Haley on the line etc... The VIDEO clearly showed him pass below the yellow line withe Both left side tires well before the finish line. It was a cut and dry case.

And at this point he was already P1.

He cannot advance his position while under the line if he is P1.

Bad rule. Awful call.

Especially more so in a series where “names are made here” and first time victories for small teams that need the money and recognition are ripped away and given to a Cup driver with established teams.

It’s a damn disgrace.
"at that point he was already P1"
Well duh he went below the line to do it. You guys crack me up. He used the move to advance his position.

Wrong. He was ahead before going below the 2nd line.

b2f3df0fdc2e50ef593451d638a84b9a.jpg
Sorry bud he went below the line and advanced position. It doesnt matter where he was, he went below the line, we arent talking about when a caution came out where he was. Blatant rule violation.

Sorry bud he went below the line and advanced position. It doesnt matter where he was, he went below the line, we arent talking about when a caution came out where he was. Blatant rule violation.

He’s above the 2nd one and in first. So nah. Nice try.

Back
Top Bottom