Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

Do they measure "below the line" in tenths of inches?

Fixed.

As soon as I saw him go below the line I knew controversy was coming. I hate the rule as much as anyone but rules are rules... god this sucks. 24 earned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be a dick but this stupid Rule is in place cause Dale Earnhardt had to be an a**hole and block drivers instead of trying to win the 500 himself.

The yellow line rule without taking in context is absolute garbage.

Its easy to say after the finish to say “yeah the rule is clear and he broke it”

In the moment, the driver on the bottom has no way of knowing what will happen to the cars up top. In Justin’s case, he saw Larson and Elliott banging and Elliott came down some and out of pure reaction Justin moved down as well. He has no way of knowing if Elliott and Larson are about to wreck down into him or keep it straight. These things happen in milliseconds at these speeds and punishing drivers for racing insinct is deplorable.

Haley got this win and NASCAR’s incompetence in rule writing robbed him.

This is a strange combination of me being excited Larson finally got a plate win and subsequently hating NASCAR and the nbc booth for defending that horrible robbery of Justin Haley’s victory lol

Its easy to say after the finish to say “yeah the rule is clear and he broke it”

In the moment, the driver on the bottom has no way of knowing what will happen to the cars up top. In Justin’s case, he saw Larson and Elliott banging and Elliott came down some and out of pure reaction Justin moved down as well. He has no way of knowing if Elliott and Larson are about to wreck down into him or keep it straight. These things happen in milliseconds at these speeds and punishing drivers for racing insinct is deplorable.

Haley got this win and NASCAR’s incompetence robbed him.

This. Nascar needs to grow a brain.

kyle dam larson should stay out of the minor league,
stealing candy from babies,
blah,blah,blah

Haley got this win and NASCAR’s incompetence in rule writing robbed him.

This right here.

I wonder how many people would be screaming if a driver went below and got to keep the win.

Exactly.

I know people hate stick and ball comparisons to racing but it’s just like a late block in the back or pass interference call late in the game. It REALLY sucks when it’s against the team your pulling for but let’s say Kyle Busch makes the exact same move tomorrow night. What would the reaction be then?

The yellow line rule has caused more wrecks and mayhem than protected driver and spectator safety. We’ve had cars fly into the grandstands due to the rule.

So sick of watching the not the guy who crosses the line first win. Because a guy had the instinct as a driver to avoid contact and put the corner of his splitter under a painted line on the asphalt. It’s dumb. It’s a gimmick. End it.

Literally nobody, because the rule was instituted in a knee jerk reaction and has caused more wrecks and possible harm than prevented it.

Like I said blame Dale Earnhardt for it he the cause of it cause he was blocking like an idiot in his last 500 and got killed in the process that what led too all this.

I hate to defend NASCAR but their hands are tied. He went below the line. If they hadn't made the call even more people would say
that NASCAR let him keep the win because having an underdog win is good publicity.
We can't have it both ways.
I agree, but they really need to re-write that rule.

Exactly.

I know people hate stick and ball comparisons to racing but it’s just like a late block in the back or pass interference call late in the game. It REALLY sucks when it’s against the team your pulling for but let’s say Kyle Busch makes the exact same move tomorrow night. What would the reaction be then?

BS. I knew nothing about this guy before this race. He deserved this win, because he won. PERIOD.

Which yellow line did he cross? The inside one, or the outside one? What's the rule? Did a tire cross by a fraction of an inch, or the outer lip of a fender?

BS.

I think it was implemented mainly to keep cars from going into the corners below the line and forcing their way into the pack because
they can't make corner on the apron.

Like I said blame Dale Earnhardt for it he the cause of it cause he was blocking like an idiot in his last 500 and got killed in the process that what led too all this.
Nascar made the rule, I blame them and no one else.

BS. I knew nothing about this guy before this race. He deserved this win, because he won. PERIOD.

Which yellow line did he cross? The inside one, or the outside one? What's the rule? Did a tire cross by a fraction of an inch, or the outer lip of a fender?

BS.
The yellow line was in the center of his grille when he made the pass.
You cannot cross the line and advance unless you’re forced down there. He chose to drive down there.

I hate to defend NASCAR but their hands are tied. He went below the line. If they hadn't made the call even more people would say
that NASCAR let him keep the win because having an underdog win is good publicity.
We can't have it both ways.

The man in my avatar won a race doing the exact same thing in 2003. No penalty from NASCAR. They’ve gone against it in the past. It’s okay if you’re a star. If you’re Regan Smith or Justin Haley it’s a no go. NASCAR gonna NASCAR. Inconsistent. And the rule is dumb. Simple as that. Just one more variable left up to race control rather than the guy behind the wheel.

If Chicagoland followed by this cluster isn't quintessential NASCAR I don't know what is. One step forward, two steps back.

The yellow line was in the center of his grille when he made the pass.
You cannot cross the line and advance unless you’re forced down there. He chose to drive down there.
Your angle must have sucked. EVEN IF I agreed with your take, he wasn't that far down. He was avoiding Sadler and Larson banging doors. They looked like they were going to wreck. I would do the same.

NASCAR gave a "star" a win.

BS.

Dude I get it lol I’ve been following this kid since he was in arca, been watching him tearing it up in the truck series. He’s a wheel man and has a bright future in the sport.

But, rules are rules. Everyone else played by them tonight. He didn’t. Learn from it and move on. He deserved the win I agree 110% but it’s nascars sandbox, the drivers are just playing in it.

Back
Top Bottom