Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

Chris Bell and Tyler Reddick both made moves. Bell moved from 15th to 6th or so by picking off one car at at a time. Tyler Reddick was another that had the balls to go low and make a spot. But overall, thatwas horrible because hardly anyone even tried the low side.

That may be the worst plate race I ever slept through.
Just one more tomorrow then all this gets thrown on the scrap pile and the new
package comes out for spring at Talladega. I guess we wont know what it will produce
till we get them on the track . Who knows , it might go back to the tandem drafts.

How do you balance last night's clown show/demo derby to this rather anti-climatic but clean rp race? It's a brutal deal.

At the end of the day the fans want to see wrecks and wildness. I get it. It's not easy. I don't envy NASCAR's or the network's situation when trying to produce entertainment.
Fans want to a race, not wrecks. They got neither.

giphy.gif

:XXROFL:

Will Gluck post a poll asking if it was a good race? Gee, what would those results be?

“SUPER PUMPED about finishing 12th today! We got some VALUABLE stage points today! I wanna thank (insert 15 sponsors) for letting us be here! Glory to God and we’ll go em next week!”

Every driver in post race.

Now that my internet is back ( guessing it was a drunk driver took out my area's telcom box late last night) , what a lackluster finish, on to the 500 now.

And yet y'all will tune back in tomorrow expecting something else (gods only know why), and bitch all over again when you get the same thing
Not I. I’ve got an event to be at and at first I was bummed to miss race #1 but now not so much.

I hope it’s a good one that I can re-watch though.

Fans want to a race, not wrecks. They got neither.

I tend to believe that relative to the general TV audience it's still more intense and "watchable" than the product we'll see next week at Atlanta.

I don't understand why the bottom didn't form. It was there to use. It'se been proven. I agree they were unusually quiet. Not one person took any type of calculated or poorly calculated risk. Just weird..

Chris Bell and Tyler Reddick both made moves. Bell moved from 15th to 6th or so by picking off one car at at a time. Tyler Reddick was another that had the balls to go low and make a spot. But overall, thatwas horrible because hardly anyone even tried the low side.
Too bad Bell moved right back into the high lane and left Reddick out to dry. Nobody wanted to win.

I tend to believe that relative to the general TV audience it's still more intense and "watchable" than the product we'll see next week at Atlanta.

I don't understand why the bottom didn't form. It was there to use. It'se been proven. I agree they were unusually quiet. Not one person took any type of calculated or poorly calculated risk. Just weird..
Yeah I was expecting a better finish than that

Tomorrow won’t be like this because the 500 is so important to win guys. Also can lock bumpers in Cup

I will say we’ve gotten too obsessed with championships lately in all sports. I know it matters but damn go hard everyday. Between NBA teams resting guys and NASCAR guys racing for points at Daytona **** sucks

Point racing in week 1? Do they really not think there are enough races to get back potential points lost?
Based on what we just saw, no, they don't. I'm open to other explanations, as long as they don't question the courage of people going at least 80 mph faster than the complainers have ever gone.

Exactly what’s killing everything. It’s Daytona and already everyone’s worried about the ******* lame ass playoffs 8 months from now..
Its kind of funny , or ironic, NASCAR made changes to stop or try and eliminate points racing.

I EXPECT drivers to run for the win. Its the Daytona 500

If winning at Daytona isn’t motivation for these guys to make moves, then the sport really is in trouble.

With all the bitching aside....on a personal note I’ll be so bummed if the 500 sucks tomorrow. It’s like my own personal holiday..... no stupid super bowl parties, no stupid gambling squares,no watching with people who are oblivious to what’s going on but are watching because pop culture tells them to. It’s my own niche and I watch because I love racing. Tomorrow can’t suck. It just can’t.

I like Jeff Earnhardt. Seems like a cool dude. Didn’t get the finish today but ran pretty well. He’ll be interesting to watch this year.
I hope he does well with the opportunity, time to prove if he’s got talent.

Back
Top Bottom