Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

What would the general opinion be if in the perfect world they could run these cars without rps and natural selection happened? If the 2nd place car was 3 second behind the leader and could do nothing because he's not worthy of winning? If the 8th place car couldn't move to 7th because he was a lap behind? The non-rp races predate my live watching ability (although I do remember Allisons wreck in '87 amazingly because of Stanley Cup party my family hosted that night) but obviously that style of racing exists for the most part of the schedule.

IMO, some of the most "intense/close" racing of the year in the Xfininity series still occurred today because NASCAR darwinism is about to take over for several weeks.

What would the general opinion be if in the perfect world they could run these cars without rps and natural selection happened? ... obviously that style of racing exists for the most part of the schedule.
I've never seen any reason why these two tracks shouldn't be treated like every other. If it isn't safe to have spectators, change the track, clear the stands, or go somewhere else. "Tradition" is a song from "Fiddler on the Roof", and even there it's ironically mourning the passing of actions that changing time has left behind.

I've never seen any reason why these two tracks shouldn't be treated like every other. If it isn't safe to have spectators, change the track, clear the stands, or go somewhere else. "Tradition" is a song from "Fiddler on the Roof".

I agree. Make it a strictly TV event and clear the stands. Let 'em run ride open and hopefully the speed and thrills and occasional crazy wreck attracts a large audience. If racing culture still allow Indy Cars to fly into a catchfence (with fans) at 230 mph than it should be ok for a much safer stock car!

Then give them the capability to run without depending on someone else. THAT'S the embarrassment.
You can play games if you want, they HAVE an option if they want to use it. Its been going on since 19 freakin 88 and they find ways to pass so dont gimmie that crap.

You can play games if you want, they HAVE an option if they want to use it. Its been going on since 19 freakin 88 and they find ways to pass so dont gimmie that crap.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. 1988 Davey said he tried to go low but he "Bobby" was too strong! Last year Dillon went with the punt option. There's been clean passes as well. Some even won it under caution which wouldn't be acceptable now.

I agree. Make it a strictly TV event and clear the stands. Let 'em run ride open and hopefully the speed and thrills and occasional crazy wreck attracts a large audience. If racing culture still allow Indy Cars to fly into a catchfence (with fans) at 230 mph than it should be ok for a much safer stock car!
Do you know the difference on Indy Car downforce numbers compared to NASCAR? Its not gonna happen. The center of gravity would never allow it.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. 1988 Davey said he tried to go low but he "Bobby" was too strong! Last year Dillon went with the punt option. There's been clean passes as well. Some even won it under caution which wouldn't be acceptable now.
Exactly " he tried". There have been mulriple Daytona 500's with incredible racing since the plates were put on. There is no excuse for not trying.

Do you know the difference on Indy Car downforce numbers compared to NASCAR? Its not gonna happen. The center of gravity would never allow it.

Absolutely I know the difference in downforce. I guess what I don't get is the center of gravity factor and how that plays into. Clearly I know NASCAR's have higher ride heights than Indycars (as due several 200+ mph exotics). What impact does that overall have at 220-230 mph racing? Can it it lowered for a specific reason if it's any issue?

You saw that race today. What happened when someone pulled out without help? He went backwards. It looked to me like a driver wanting to advance was completely dependent on the cooperation of others. If that's the option, it sucks.

But I've never been inoculated with the D500 vaccine. To me, it's just another race out of 36, and not a particularly good one, worth celebrating ONLY because it opens the season. They could open the season at any other track, as far as I care.

You saw that race today. What happened when someone pulled out without help? He went backwards. It looked to me like a driver wanting to advance was completely dependent on the cooperation of others. If that's the option, it sucks.

But I've never been inoculated with the D500 vaccine. To me, it's just another race out of 36, and not a particularly good one, worth celebrating ONLY because it opens the season. They could open the season at any other track, as far as I care.

To me RP racing was about speed, finesse, calculation, respect and being on constant edge. Guys have always complained about people not willing to work with others cheating on their manufacture etc. Even back in the day you often times needed help. But, sometimes you didn't. And sometimes the best car was in first and no one else had a chance and they knew it so they made sure to protect their position.

I like 'Dega more than Daytona because it's wider so there's more wiggle room for correction/bumping. But for me, I like clean rp races. I want my beating and banging at Martinsville/Bristol. To me Pocono is the best superspeedway. It's fast, there's a danger aspect that must be respected, strategy is key and there's a technical aspect. Allows for good organic racing. I like Michigan too...lol. I know I'm in the minority in 2019...lol.

You saw that race today. What happened when someone pulled out without help? He went backwards. It looked to me like a driver wanting to advance was completely dependent on the cooperation of after its . If that's the option, it sucks.

Well we will see you after its over and we head to Atlanta.

The second stage with side by side racing was great and the bottom line worked just fine.

Several teams said they were game to use the bottom lane together with 10 to go but they all chicken****ted out and were happy with not going for the win. That’s not being a competitor.

Joey won it under caution in 2015 tho

Accident happened on the final lap and Lagano was leading heading into 3 when the caution came out. That's similar to how Earnhardt won his 500 in 1998 and Waltrip in 2001. Granted, you were allowed to race back to the yellow then. I'm referencing 1991,1997 (Gordon's first) and Jarrett in 2000 when they were legitimately won under caution.

Accident happened on the final lap and Lagano was leading heading into 3 when the caution came out. That's similar to how Earnhardt won his 500 in 1998 and Waltrip in 2001. Granted, you were allowed to race back to the yellow then. I'm referencing 1991,1997 (Gordon's first) and Jarrett in 2000 when they were legitimately won under caution.

Probably need to study up about races that happen in today's world and the green white checker rule. races can end under caution and do.

Probably need to study up about races that happen in today's world and the green white checker rule. races can end under caution and do.

I know the rules and the current scoring loops. I'm fully away how the modern G-W-C rules work. I'm well versed and studied up! ;):D

Last stage was almost as bad as the winner. So frustrating to watch. After showing what they could do in stage two, they reverted back to cup lite.

Apparently I’m the only person who likes Michael Annett and am glad he won a race lol.
Lame race overall though

Back
Top Bottom