Xfinity RACE thread --- Homestead

Just woke up for the last 3/4 lap. (On the night shift). Unmeasurable congrats to Suarez, I think he may be around for awhile.

Cole Whott and co. Really should have not put themselves in that position. Obviously he had every right to be there.... Still pretty dick though.

Congrats to Suarez. Muy talentoso.

He spun his tires but had every right to stay out.

Smacks down all the stupid conspiracy theories.
He did, but did he really think he had a shot at the win? Very unlikely. Happy for Suarez, but would have liked to see the other two have a shot since they both had cars to win.

Expect a lot more sponsors for Suarez in the future...

He's going to bring in even more money and popularity now.

He did, but did he really think he had a shot at the win? Very unlikely. Happy for Suarez, but would have liked to see the other two have a shot since they both had cars to win.
He and his team hoped to improve their finishing position. They owe that to themselves.

We can't complain that it's all about the chasers and then be critical of that team. They're racing.

He and his team hoped to improve their finishing position. They owe that to themselves.

We can't complain that it's all about the chasers and then be critical of them. They're racing.
If it's just a regular race I'd agree. With the title on the line you gotta be smarter than that. Whitt will always be remembered as a bonehead now.

Congrats to Suarez , pretty awesome .

If it's just a regular race I'd agree. With the title on the line you gotta be smarter than that. Whitt will always be remembered as a bonehead now.

^^^this

Love that Suarez won but Whitt royally screwed the pooch by staying out.

whatta jamoke . . .

Lets not to mention he has no ride for '17, he's trying to get all the exposure he can get.

He had to risk it to get noticed.

Can't see how how improved his chances with that decision.

What with Whitt staying out and then his pathetic restart backing up the outside, Jones and Allgaier have reason to be upset for not at least getting a chance to get to the front.

Can't see how how improved his chances with that decision.

What with Whitt staying out and then his pathetic restart backing up the outside, Jones and Allgaier have reason to be upset for not at least getting a chance to get to the front.

Get pissed all you want, its racing and they can make whatever decision they want.

I respect the 14 for not agreeing to take the bottom and doing what they thought was right. Thats what happens when you are not familiar being up front, things like that wheel spin will happen.

People not contending for the championship are not required to stay out of the way. Nor should they.

Some of us like to have it both ways.

Get pissed all you want, its racing and they can make whatever decision they want.

I respect the 14 for not agreeing to take the bottom and doing what they thought was right. Thats what happens when you are not familiar being up front, things like that wheel spin will happen.

Not pissed at all, just wondering how Whitt missed the memo that the Xfinity series went to a Chase for the Championship format.

If it was anything but a restart for a season championship I'm with you 100% on Whitt's decision.

Congrats to Suarez!! :bounce: Won the pole, won the race and title leading 133 of 200 laps. When I said he was Mexican Paul menard I really meant Mexican Kyle Busch :p

I guess my question is what exactly was Whitt trying to accomplish by staying out ?

He certainly couldn't win on old tires and he's not even eligible for Xfinity series points.

I'd be interested in hearing his take on it.

Not pissed at all, just wondering how Whitt missed the memo that the Xfinity series went to a Chase for the Championship format.

If it was anything but a restart for a season championship I'm with you 100% on Whitt's decision.

The pissed off comment was indirect, sorry about that.

Cole Whitt used to drive for JRM and was ousted out of Red Bull after they pulled out of NASCAR. He finished 7th that year in 2012, the man can drive. Just he's trying to find a decent team to be on because he has talent, he just wants an opportunity.

All other 36 drivers want to win as well, just because its a last race should not mean anything at least IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom