Xfinity RACE thread --- Homestead

Maybe they ran out of tires

Good point. If you can't get tires and don't need gas, then why pit ?

From reading other posts I understand he's in a tough spot, but if I'm in his shoes when that last caution was thrown I come in for a drink of water (and maybe some ice cream) just to get the hell outta the way of the championship contenders.

I guess it's up to me to be "that guy". Under the traditional points system, Elliot Sadler would have had the championship won last week. Coming into this race, he would have had a 46 point lead, with a max of 45 points possible for the winner of today's race. So far, the chase has not crowned the drivers with the best years, champions. I have nothing against Sauter, and Saurez, they did what they had to, to be champions. I congratulate both of them on their championships. I only mention this to show what a sham the chase is. Will it be three for three tomorrow? Logano is the only one of the final four, that had a chance to catch Kevin Harvick. If Joey wins tomorrow, and Harvick finishes lower than twentieth place, then Logano wins either way you slice it. However, no matter how it turns out, I will congratulate the winner, for doing what they have to to win it. It's BF's game, and BF's rules, so you can't hold it against the driver for winning it. That's what they are paid to do. All that said, I will be watching tomorrow to see who wins, because the race is the thing. It's why I watch, and why I'm a fan.

I guess it's up to me to be "that guy". Under the traditional points system, Elliot Sadler would have had the championship won last week. Coming into this race, he would have had a 46 point lead, with a max of 45 points possible for the winner of today's race. So far, the chase has not crowned the drivers with the best years, champions. I have nothing against Sauter, and Saurez, they did what they had to, to be champions. I congratulate both of them on their championships. I only mention this to show what a sham the chase is. Will it be three for three tomorrow? Logano is the only one of the final four, that had a chance to catch Kevin Harvick. If Joey wins tomorrow, and Harvick finishes lower than twentieth place, then Logano wins either way you slice it. However, no matter how it turns out, I will congratulate the winner, for doing what they have to to win it. It's BF's game, and BF's rules, so you can't hold it against the driver for winning it. That's what they are paid to do. All that said, I will be watching tomorrow to see who wins, because the race is the thing. It's why I watch, and why I'm a fan.

Sauter would've won it the classic way also.

You said a mouthful there Buddy!!!

Kudos to you.....

the only chance jones had was keep full throttle and turn mr slow poke into the bottom line of cars.

I guess my question is what exactly was Whitt trying to accomplish by staying out ?

He certainly couldn't win on old tires and he's not even eligible for Xfinity series points.

I'd be interested in hearing his take on it.

You talk as if the young driver can dictate to his team when they tell him to do something?
What racing do you watch? By the way he stayed up high and that let the 7 get a run in the middle. That showed he wasn't planning on putting the screws to anyone. Y'all talk like the kid blocked him on purpose. Get real.

Now if you want to bitch about Dillon interfering go right ahead. He really interfered with the 4 chase drivers.

You talk as if the young driver can dictate to his team when they tell him to do something?
What racing do you watch? By the way he stayed up high and that let the 7 get a run in the middle. That showed he wasn't planning on putting the screws to anyone. Y'all talk like the kid blocked him on purpose. Get real.

Now if you want to bitch about Dillon interfering go right ahead. He really interfered with the 4 chase drivers.

Just to clarify, when I referred to "Whitt" in previous posts I was referring to whoever made the decision that the 14 car should stay out and not pit.

Obviously, if his crew chief told him to pit, Whitt wasn't going to make a management decision and not pit.

And we know now that the crew chief made the call to stay out, at least partially, because they were out of tires.

On that final restart, I didn't see Whitt stay high as much as I saw him not get going when the green flag flew, thereby stacking up virtually the entire outside row, including Allgaier and Jones.

Any run in the middle that Allgaier might have got when Whitt finally moved over was too little too late, as evident by Allgaier's 7th place finish.

I don't think Whitt, or his crew chief, planned on blocking or putting the screws to anyone. It's just that Whitt was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time and turned what could have been a great finish into something less than that.

real enough for you ?

Dillon had a shot to win. the #14 was a 20th place car at best with fresh tires.

That was an ugly ending. I am not sure the #14 even wanted to be up there. I noticed when they hit the restart zone Sadler started to go and the 14 was just sitting there and when he did try to go it was just an ugly mess. Either way Suarez I feel like has flown under the radar most of the season with the attention usually being directed to his team mate Jones. Suarez has proven he can win and was a lot more consistent than Jones. Suarez should be in cup for the 2018 season.

I was hoping Sadler would somehow pull off a win and not just because we old timers need to stick together. :) {)h to be in my 40's again!}

What was with Larson beating on the back bumper of Bowman?

Just watched on my DVR this morning.
Hell of a race, 3 and 4 wide, running top bottom middle, lead changes, hard racing, all good.
Suarez as champion is fine with me. I have respected him since I saw him with his hand over his heart when they play our National Anthem, good kid, good family.

I was pulling for Elliott but it slipped by him this time.
Just an excellent race, IMHO.:D

One of the Best Xfinity races i've seen. It was great to see all 4 point leaders fighting for the lead the whole race.
I hope the cup race is like that

Reactions: sdj
i'm gad sadler lost. I cant stand his gap toothed spotter brett griffin

Jones should have turned the 14. Most drivers wouldn't have lifted. Not saying its Jones's fault, I just think he should have turned him. It would have been the only chance he would have had.

Back
Top Bottom