Xfinity RACE thread --- Kansas

A big storm just hit and I lost a TV signal. What happened?

Car stalled exiting pit road. #1 took 2 instead of 4 but #21 just put him away. JHN passes Hem after 2 lap battle. JHN checking out, Hem, Sad, Reddick. 25 to go and #42 up by a second and growing.

I still have raceview but the spotters don't say much.

Interesting, through the field, basically a time filler with less than 20 laps to go. Not good NBC

Hm...
upload_2018-10-20_23-40-28.png

Hemric is a hell of a driver, I can't help but think the RCR equipment is a major hindrance at this point.

Or am I just making excuses?

Not belittling JHN but that first lap wreck cleared several good cars out of his way.

Yeah, but its still far from easy. Just outraced Hemric today and honestly the 42 was probably the best car left out there.

Can't take anything away from him, he earned this one today. Even after all the carnage.

So that's cool, JHN got the win.

Poor Chip, having to decide between JHN and Chastain. I wish I had his problems.

No brainier.

Nemechek is young, marketable, has a name, is a surefire slam dunk Cup champion who has been elite in everything he's been in only racing part time, and you can build a future around him.

Truthfully, I'd move both up and cut my losses with Larson. I think Larson is one of the best but it's just not clicking there for some reason.

It's ironic that Jenna Fryer and some others in the press corps have had a twitter spat all last week about teams and drivers disappearing after races and not being accessible for stories to be written, while guys like this are begging for interviews.

No brainier.

Nemechek is young, marketable, has a name, is a surefire slam dunk Cup champion who has been elite in everything he's been in only racing part time, and you can build a future around him.

Truthfully, I'd move both up and cut my losses with Larson. I think Larson is one of the best but it's just not clicking there for some reason.

This. Tired of people crapping on CGR and giving no blame to Larson whenever the team struggles. Larson has had the car to beat at least 3 times this year, maybe more. For every time his team has cost him the win, Larson has cost himself a win doing something silly as well. Larson has also quit on the team the past 2 seasons in the playoffs and talks crap about them all the time. JHN and Chastain are young, extremely talented, and will appreciate the equipment they’re in instead of taking a dump on it.

This. Tired of people crapping on CGR and giving no blame to Larson whenever the team struggles. Larson has had the car to beat at least 3 times this year, maybe more. For every time his team has cost him the win, Larson has cost himself a win doing something silly as well. Larson has also quit on the team the past 2 seasons in the playoffs and talks crap about them all the time. JHN and Chastain are young, extremely talented, and will appreciate the equipment they’re in instead of taking a dump on it.

Until Ganassi gets a driver who can match Larson's performance, and they never have had one so far, it's a moot point. Their cars aren't consistently as fast is another bottom line no matter who drives them. Chastain and Nemo both won when cup drivers weren't in the race also. Big step up to the cup ranks. BTW Larson won 4 out of the 6 Xfinity races he entered this year.

Until Ganassi gets a driver who can match Larson's performance, and they never have had one so far, it's a moot point. Their cars aren't consistently as fast is another bottom line no matter who drives them. Chastain and Nemo both won when cup drivers weren't in the race also. Big step up to the cup ranks. BTW Larson won 4 out of the 6 Xfinity races he entered this year.

That’s a good point. I just think it’s gotten stale and a move may be better for both parties. Maybe bringing Kurt over will further elevate the program

It is easy to forget that JPM and Montoya ran for years for Ganassi, and neither attracted the following that Larson has. Yeah I think Kurt if he moves over he will surely do better than McMurray has done the last couple of years. I wouldn't call it a move up for Kurt though rather a place to continue racing. But I never know about either Busch. When it was Kurt's time to get almost drummed out of the sport, he helped put Furniture row on the map.

Hard to put fault on Larson when he's consistently outrunning McMurray.

Kyle Busch was pretty damn reckless at times and only good for a couple wins a year at Hendrick ... Went to Gibbs and is a first ballot Hall of Fame driver. Logano struggled at Gibbs and thrived at Penske.

Whatever it is, whether it's the car, the team chemistry, or the driver, Larson just isn't reaching his potential right now.

Back
Top Bottom