Xfinity RACE thread --- Kentucky, #2

Keselowski drove like that because of dealing with Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, and Denny Hamlin. Those three made Brad toughen up pretty quickly. Brad gives respect, but if you drive a certain way against him. He'll do the same, Gragson I feel is in the same vein. Just a bit more ruthless aggression at times.
Annett drove his teammate into the wall the last lap and cost him three places. Hemric didn't do anything about it. I wonder if Annett will do it again? Kez wasn't taking it, neither has Joey or Harvick, and more drovers over the years then I can remember. It's part of racing. Burton made the mistake of thinking he could punk out Gragson. Irregardless of the outcome, I think those two have more respect for each other afterwards.

is this speculation or do you know?

I believe Burton that he had several people from other teams supporting him and telling him "it was a long time coming" after the altercation. It jibes with Gragson's string of incidents with other drivers, their takes afterward, and his general "Aw shucks" response and refusal to own up to it when he messes up, which is often.

As I said, I differ with but respect @Kiante's take.

Back
Top Bottom