Xfinity RACE thread --- Phoenix

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Mar 9, 2019.

1. mack

mack Team Owner

Kyle Busch could surpass Richard Petty with a couple more championships & be considered the greatest driver in the history!

Try the decaf. It's much better for you.

2. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Tuned in to watch the end of the Xfinity race yesterday. A little too late though. Saw KB making some donuts in front of the flag stand. Saw all I needed to see.

SpeedPagan and Johali like this.
  3. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

I agree that his accomplishments in Xfinity/trucks should be considered, but before he became established as a Cup driver. BTW that is a total of 5 wins. In my opinion what he has done afterwards in the minor league leagues is irrelevant. It is how he has performed at the cup level that indicates how good he is, and yes as much as I don't want to say it, he has done pretty good there with around 50 wins.

4. mack

mack Team Owner

He will not surpass Richard Pettys 200 wins, and it's highly doubtful he will surpass 7 championships. He's managed one in twelve years? He's going to have to get on a major roll at that pace. Plus the one title he has at the top level is iffy. Is he good? Yes. One of the current best drivers. GOAT? No. Barring anything unforeseen, he should have another ten productive years, at least. He will have to win titles as consistently as JJ has to surpass 7. Tough to do.

5. bigspud

bigspud Team Owner

comparing jj 7 chase cups to rp or de is also stretching things.
    the race wins are much more important.

6. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Sure wish we could have been there to see Kyle win that race :( I am overjoyed to see this thread go the " Busch bash " direction :partytime

Somebody post up a picture of 7 time with his trophy's STAT !!!!!

7. mack

mack Team Owner

Race wins at the top level are the standard for measurement. Wins in the lower series are good, no doubt. Mark Martin won a ton of races in the BGN series, he's not held in the same esteem as Dale Sr. Martin was a fantastic driver, one of the best of his era. HoF worthy? YES! Martin could win handily in BGN, but he never won a Cup title. I wish he would have.

8. mack

mack Team Owner

Who's bashing? People are just offering their thoughts.. no one is bashing whatsoever.

Johali likes this.
  9. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

5-4-3-2

10. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

I thought it ranged from okay to pretty good, before the smoke cloud.

Bell and Allgaier were the only ones that possibly had anything for Busch, probably not though.

The last run = watching paint dry.